Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Can anyone post the md5 of the InstallESD.dmg file? My connection dropped while downloading through the app store, it says it's completed, but I'm worried it might not have completed properly as I want to do a clean install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I want to get a MBA; I also have two other Macs at home that need a copy of Lion. Would the EULA for the bundled/installed copy of Lion with the Air allow me to install it on my other machines (from the included thumb drive, or from the App Store), or does it actually only allow that for copies bought through the App Store? Similarly, does Lion show up as a "Purchased App" in the App Store with a new machine?

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Torael_7 posted:

How is gaming on a mac, both stuff that runs natively/has native clients (Steam, wow, etc) and stuff that requires windows via bootcamp?

Sorry if this gets asked a lot :ohdear:

It depends. As a general rule games perform worse than on equivalent PC hardware but there's a lot of variability depending on the game's engine and whether it's native or a port. Blizzard games tend to perform well, but Cider ports tend to not perform as well, for example.

ML Question: Does Airplay only work with an AppleTV? I have a Mac Mini as an HTPC and it would be nice to stream to that from my Air.