Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Last Chance posted:

Yeah that’s weird. Are you using a regular Mac keyboard with no custom key mappings?

Used to have a coworker who would remap control, option, etc on Mac keyboards.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe try holding command or control instead in case there have been remapping?

I tried with my usual keyboard I plug in that does have custom mappings, and the keyboard on the MacBook. Same behavior in both cases. Maybe the custom mappings is also in place for my laptop keyboard somehow even when the other keyboard is plugged in? Guess I’ll check that next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

frogbs posted:

I tried with my usual keyboard I plug in that does have custom mappings, and the keyboard on the MacBook. Same behavior in both cases. Maybe the custom mappings is also in place for my laptop keyboard somehow even when the other keyboard is plugged in? Guess I’ll check that next.

Welp, my laptop keyboard had the 'Option' key binding set to 'Control' somehow. It's probably been like this for YEARS. No idea how I didn't notice it before. I guess I don't use the option key that often. Now the music app will let me select a library.