Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Branch Nvidian posted:

Didn't the 12" MacBook, ironically, use an Intel Core-m3 processor? Perhaps it is time to bring it back into the lineup.

Would it be thick enough to support the scissor-switch keyboard though?

I thought one of the reasons they were able to make the 12" MacBook so thin was Jony's Folly, the butterfly keyboard design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

frogbs posted:

I recently bought a refurbished iPod and want to load it up with my old music collection. I found a backup from 2013 with all my music and a .itl file of the iTunes library. I’ve followed every guide out there on how to load this into the Music app, but no matter what I try I can’t get Music to switch to using the old library. Holding option when I open the app doesn’t do anything. I know I could just drag all the music into the app, but it would be nice to have all my old playlists and stuff.

Has anyone run into this?

You using a Mac? Not Windows, correct?

The key used in Windows for picking a library has always been different than Mac (Shift I think)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hmm. Are you holding down option/alt before clicking the Music app and launching it?

That’s usually how I get that dialog to show up. Not sure if it works if you hold option while it’s already launching/icon bouncing

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah that’s weird. Are you using a regular Mac keyboard with no custom key mappings?

Used to have a coworker who would remap control, option, etc on Mac keyboards.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe try holding command or control instead in case there have been remapping?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Preview can also batch resize, convert, crop multiple photos at once.

And if you have an M-based Mac it can remove backgrounds and make transparent pngs. It’s really nice.

I just used it to crop a bunch of photos of gift baskets for an office raffle and separate them from the background, it worked surprisingly well.