Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
Has anyone else had battery issues after upgrading to Big Sur? I had the battery replaced in my 2016 mbp about a year and a half ago at an apple authorized shop so it should be fine but post update it says the battery needs to be replaced. It’s not charging and if I unplug it it turns off. Could this be a bug or am I looking at shelling out another $300 for a new top case for this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Bob Morales posted:

What do your battery stats/info look like

When I look at the battery in system preferences it shows no usage. I’m hoping that it’s just some sort of bug and an update will fix it. I admit that I may have killed it because I usually leave it plugged in and closed when I’m not using it. It’s not a show stopper for me because I only do audio recording on it and that stuff still works. I’m just at the point of debating if it’s worth another $300 if it is hardware or if I should finally put something on my apple credit card and get a new laptop.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
I’m still stuck with a dead battery after bug sur upgrade. Google shows that others have had the same issue on 2016 mbps that have had the topcase replaced so tread with caution. I’m hoping it’s just a firmware bug and may try the beta to see if it goes away but I also might be looking a investing another $350 into it. If I had the money I’d say screw it and get the new air with 16gb and a 1tb hdd to replace it. All I use it fir is recording music and it looks like the m1 will make GarageBand and logic even faster.