Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Have there been any issues in Lion with VMWare fusion? Thinking about upgrading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Stupid question: is there a gesture for Cmd + Tab from app to app?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Frinkahedron posted:

Has anyone who uses VMWare Fusion upgraded yet? If so, any problems? I'm not going to upgrade for a while but I need it for my university work.

I did it last night. Fusion freaked out when I tried to run my bootcamp partition in a VM the first time but I just removed that partition from fusion then readded and it was fine.

TheState posted:

Do you mean something like Cmd + ` ?

No, I mean like Alt + Tab in windows. Just replace alt with cmd and it let's me move from app to app. No gestures for that eh?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Does keynote allow me to make interactive slides for a training app I'm putting together for work? I know I can use animations in powerpoint but it just seems clunky as hell. Essentially, I just need keynote to play a short video, display a question and then advance when the user answers correctly. Would also be nice if I could publish to the web or least have it available as a download that doesn't require anything special on the user's machine.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
How do I access my boot camp drive in Finder in Lion?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I've used VisualHub to encode videos forever, but now that I actually need it for work it's gone tits up by refusing to register. I assume it's because the company that develops it is no longer around. Sucks bc VH was the best tool I ever used. Am I boned? Is there no way to register the product now that the company is defunct? I know FilmRedux is sort of the same thing but it doesnt have the options I need.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Gunjin posted:

http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/ This might fix your problem. If not what are you trying to encode?

Thanks, I'm on lion so I'm hoping that'll do the trick. I'm trying to go from AVI to FLV.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Can anyone recommend a good lightweight virtualization tool for boot camp that plays nice with mountain lion and multiple monitors? I've been using VMWare Fusion and it seriously sucks. Every time I go to full screen I get the screens mapped to different desktops in OSX.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Can you subscribe to podcasts in iTunes and now download any episodes stored locally? Basically I just want to have a list of my podcasts available to stream.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Any thoughts on whether I should install Mavericks on my Haswell MBAir?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Does anyone have a link to a wireless driver file for a mid 2013 macbook air? Windows 7 stopped recognizing my wireless card. Still works fine on OSX though.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
What's the best way to purchase MS Office for Mac? Should I go directly to MS or Apple's App store? Are there reputable shops for discount codes/downloads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

FiestaDePantalones posted:

First make sure your school/employer don’t provide it for free.

Yeah, already tried that. No dice.