Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008
So I found this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388873,00.asp

They benched Crysis on the mid-Mini with the 6630M and got ~48 fps at 1280x720 on medium settings. Seems pretty decent, no? Now could someone just bench Starcraft 2 for me :( I'm getting the Mini mainly for programming and making music but I'd love to be able to play SC2 every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008

Biodome posted:

Just bought a 2013 Macbook Air and it has that stupid wifi bug where the wifi stops working after 5 minutes until you restart the Macbook Air. Anyone know a fix besides taking it to Apple? I already updated it to the latest software.

They're apparently working on a software fix for it: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/29/apple-testing-software-update-to-address-2013-macbook-air-wi-fi-issues/

I'm sort of stressed out about that bug because my new MBA should be arriving next week :(

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm in need of a new laptop and I'm seriously considering a MBA. I'm wanting this to last for a good 4-5 years at the least. How concerned should I be about the non replaceability of the battery? I don't want to be 2 years down the line and the battery has reduced to uselessness, costing however much extra to resolder a new battery.

This is what Apple has to say about the battery life:

"The built-in battery of your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is designed to deliver up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity. In addition, Adaptive Charging reduces the wear and tear on the battery giving it a lifespan of up to 5 years."

So at least in theory it should be fine, though obviously 5 years is a long time. But even at 80 percent of the original capacity, the current gen Air would still have a pretty great battery life.

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008
Anyone had a problem with their MBA going to sleep after just waking up? Mine seems to do this randomly every now and then. It wakes up from sleep, I log in, start browsing something and suddenly it goes back to sleep again. When I wake it up again and log in, it doesn't do this anymore. It's a minor inconvenience, but still, anyone have any clues?

Bringing to an Apple store is out of the question, because the nearest one isn't even in this country.

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008

Bob Morales posted:

What is this, MacRumors where people sit at the Apple store unboxing machines until they find one with the SSD/screen combination they want?

The image retention thing on the retina LG panels does look pretty terrible. I could see it getting annoying enough to swap for a new display.