Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

logikv9 posted:

is there a noticeable difference between the m3, m5, and m7? or are they all merely ok for basic tasks and fail miserably at everything else?

? Like three people in a row just said they are amazing at basic to medium needs, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I want to get some spare chargers for my new MacBook. And cables. Best to use official stuff? If not, what wattage should I be looking for?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
The keyboard on my brand new 12" macbook is dope as gently caress.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I loving love my black MacBook

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Ok the magic track pad 2 is the best thing ever

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That would annoy the poo poo out of me.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
You would think they'd make a good pair of wireless Her style earbuds before cutting the Jack like that. I have back beat fit 2 headphones which are amazing but they are by far the most far long wireless headphones I see out in the everyday world most often. Most people with wireless headphones Still have weird loving dongles or poo poo that hangs around your neck etc.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
As someone who has actually used a rMB on a daily basis and not just read about it or used it in an Apple Store for ten minutes I will say it's awesome and more than enough for what she needs. Yes she can use it in several years. What does she think is going to happen in 5 years that her rMBP will be able to handle that her MacBook wouldn't? In 5 years does she plan on having a career in 3D animation? Then yeah spring for the pro.

All you people who go pro when you don't need to make me sick. Haven't you even heard of charities? What good is future proofing if we won't even have an Earth.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I jus think it's nuts a lady who is just going to open tabs in a browser is going to buy the new rMBP because she "absolutely must be future proofed." Sounds like a loving nana. Future proof? The 2013 MacBook Air is still as or more powerful max spec' as the ones they currently sell. Not much has changed in computing power and it won't in 5 years either.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Two dumb baby questions:

New MacBook keyboard delete key is not going all the way down. I have apple care. They will take care of this for free?

My 2010 iMac with Intel 3000 graphics card can't play Overwatch (4400 min) but I didn't find out until after I snagged the game (hence dumb baby). Short of selling the code, anything I could do?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'm sorry I meant my Mac mini.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
So I have not had my book for about 2 weeks and haven't missed it at all. I'm thinking about converting to an iPad Pro. All I do is word/final draft and use Dropbox.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
iPad Pro superiority.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Mark market.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Yeast posted:

Even though it was immediately abandoned and is now a joke, I loving love this computer.

Hopefully one day Apple remembers it exists.

That's gorgeous when was that

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That MacBook looks fuckin ugly and I don't "get" the led bar.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
iPad Pro is the new mbp.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Does anyone other than Apple use USB c? Plus all their USB c poo poo is expensive.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
My bad! I just didn't see it as ingrained as USB 2/3.0 yet.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That's what I was saying before I had got a MacBook and just to get some bare minimum stuff I had to pay like 120 in cables and dongles. Kinda ruins the sleek Apple experience.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
So glad i didn't wait for this.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I loving love my iPad Pro.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
The keyboard on these will be amazing because the rMB keyboard is amazing.

The Smart Keyboard on the 12" iPad pro is also dope af. First portable keyboard I've had that's felt amazing.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
What says something about the mini and pro is the fact that they haven't been updated and if they were it would have been at this event. Hello Again would have been where this would have happened. It didn't. It's not gonna.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Why does anyone think the mini or pro is alive?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
There are no more minis.
There are no more pros.
There are no more iMacs.

If there were, they would have come out at the Hello, Again event because that's where they would have been announced.

Furthermore, if apple is getting out of the display game, they are getting out of the iMac game.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Then where was it? When is it due for an upgrade?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'm actually quite serious about this but ok.

Maybe next event!

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I mean, the event was called Hello, Again, which always displayed desktop computers. So, was this just purely a marketing oversight?

If they were going to refresh the Pro, this is where it should have happened, along with their Pro emoji laptops.

The mini and the iMac, this also would have been the spot. But they didn't. And with them showing that ugly loving lg display or whatever it was, I just don't see them doing another iMac. I don't see them not making their displays, which often look like iMacs, and not making the iMac. Not for any manufacturing purposes, I just mean that they usually like to keep things in line and uniform and looking the same. If they were going to refresh their computers, THIS would have been the event. Otherwise Hello, Again makes absolutely no sense.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I also just feel like with the iPad Pro and how great their keyboard cover is we don't really need comps.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'm not pretending it's just my opinion. OS X and file systems aren't necessary to me or a lot of people and I sincerely think apple is heading that way. Then they basically get people upgrading all their devices 1-2 years.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

ethanol posted:

I think if this were true, apple would be doing it already. But they just made something else

They gave you one "new" thing (you're really counting a barely up spec'd mbp with a slapped on gimmick literally no one wanted a. Ew thing? Ok.) when they would usually have a line of new things.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

ethanol posted:

Oh I don't really care about the update, I don't expect apple to "reinvent the wheel" over and over which seems to be what people expect since the retina and unibody updates were so great. I'm am saying your claims of apple phasing out non tablet computing doesn't make sense in the context of them releasing a non tablet computer. I mean the 2016 MacBook Pro really isn't as bad as you make it out to be,and I will recommend it to friends despite the cranky port loyalists and so on just because my 2015 mbp owns so much

Your 2015 mbp owns so much more. Recommend that to your friends.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
It's all going touch, baby. This is just the pinky.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
All jokes aside...would this have happened under Steve?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Then could this be a ghost-Steve situation?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Why do you think typing is that be all end all? There used to be no typing, there is typing, there will be no more typing. We're going through this awkward transitionitory phase where's there's still typing.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

nerdz posted:

I have many complaints about the direction they're taking but even as the owner of a MBA 11" I don't understand the complaints about the mac keyboards being bad or cramped. What are some examples of a good keyboard?

The 2016 rMB

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Hahhaha so sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Listen man I can't wait two more weeks to spend 1300.