Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine
Now that I have an iPad, I want to replace my 15" MacBook Pro with one of those shiny new Minis and a big screen.

What's the going rate for:

15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz (Mid 2009)
6GB Memory
GeForce 9400M (no GT)
320gb 7200rpm HDD
AppleCare until sometime next year
New style (right angle) power adaptor

Mac2Sell says $890, but that doesn't factor the AppleCare or the faster HDD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine
My girlfriend's 65W charger died while she is studying in Madrid.

The US Apple store refuses to ship internationally.

She doesn't want a EU charger because that means using an adaptor once she's back in the states.

Any ideas on how I can get a US 65W adapter to her short of buying one and shipping it myself?

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine

Bob Morales posted:

Can she just keep the wall plug part of her old charger, or are the voltages drastically different?

I believe all Apple power chargers are auto switching from 110 to 240 volts. What are the chances the duck head is the part what is actually broken?

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine

Colonel Sanders posted:

By duck head part I assume you corner that snaps on and has the actual outlet, shown here. Considering the low complexity of the piece I would be fairly amazed if it was broken, perhaps you can have her ask the apple store employee to try a different adapter on the brick just to make sure it is in fact the brick that is dead.

Yeah I'm just taking my chances and hoping it is.

I was able to place an order from the Spanish online Apple store, so she will have one in a couple days. I just hope my really horrid grasp of the language didn't end up ordering me like 9 new Mac Pros on my credit card.