Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

bassguitarhero posted:

Not really a hardware question but since I'm using it to buy apple hardware, how is their financing? I'm thinking about using that to buy the new air since I don't want to put it on my credit card but would like to hear from others before I commit.
It's a credit card with deferred interest on a month's worth of Apple Store purchases. Make sure you read the first statement so you understand exactly when everything has to be paid back to avoid paying interest, and it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Cyrano4747 posted:

If the plastic is being broken down by the oils and grime that come from the most basic contact with human hands and the environment then that's the fault of the manufacturer not the user. I've got a coffee maker in my office that was given to me by my father in law when he retired and didn't need it for his office. I'm pretty sure it's older than my wife. Somehow, despite that cord being touched by god only knows how many people in the last ~30 years and never being cared for in any special way, it's still in perfectly fine working order.

I get that macs aren't Mr. Coffees but if the plastic is that lovely they should source another type of plastic.

I think heat is a more likely culprit for discoloration (and eventual disintegration), but yeah, the plastic obviously wasn't chosen for its durability.