Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
was waiting for the next line of macbook airs to maybe cop a small one to travel with instead of the 16 inch pro. After trying the Vision Pro I shan't be copping any new laptop. Dead paradigm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Thinking to cop an M3 air 13 inch. I copped an iPad mini today. It’s a much better form factor than the iPad Air that I have. Did they do any kind of trade-in for iPad Airs with the keyboard? I figure the 13 inch MacBook Air could take over those duties and then some. And then I could keep the mini for my tablet needs.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

buglord posted:

I can’t answer your q but what do you do on the iPad that you’d want a mini? Just curious. My ex roommate had one and she loved it. I use my iPad as a content consumption device so the bigger screen is very nice.

Mostly surfing the web so to speak. I pretty much never use it to watch shows or anything. So the smaller mini form factor is nice.

Well I plum did it. Put up my iPad Air for trade, which netted me 325. Seems like you are only able to trade in one thing at a time or there was no way to trade in the Magic Keyboard. I’ll have to sell that separately or something or give it to the wife.

Got the 16 gigs 1TB. Actually sprung for AppleCare, which I usually don’t do, because I plan on bringing this little number with me for the rough and tumble journeys.

I also have a 16 inch M1 Pro with the 16 cores and 1 TB SSD. Does this mean my new air will be more capable
Than it? Same numbers? Wondering if I should have traded in that instead. Probably would’ve added me a pretty penny. Idk. Best to keep that as a sort of home set up with the external monitors maybe? What say you?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Also, when copping, they gave the option of a 75 W fast charger, which is the usual big size that came with my M1 Pro, or a mini 35 W charger that also has two ports for USB-C charging. I actually went with the latter for portability’s sake.. Hard to say how big it is from pictures. Also unclear if it has a MagSafe. It dang well better

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Also, when copping, they gave the option of a 75 W fast charger, which is the usual big size that came with my M1 Pro, or a mini 35 W charger that also has two ports for USB-C charging. I actually went with the latter for portability’s sake.. Hard to say how big it is from pictures. Also unclear if it has a MagSafe. It dang well better

Also, it better be compatible with my M1 charger so I can plug in there if I need fast charging hopefully

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Well now the M3 air is suppsed to arrive at the store the 26. Bit of a fail all things considered.

However, I just realized that this is the first time I will be actively using two mac computers. My M1 16 inch pro and the M3 air. Usually with say an ipad, the mess basically clones the apps that you have on your phone and everything. When I fire up the new Air I suppose that won't be the case. Am I going to be on some mess where I have multiple file versions going? or will it sync over Icloud?

For example I use obsidian. Is obsidian going to be restored from icloud or whatever and just be on my new M3? The obsidian files are in a folder thats in Icloud. Kind of a messy mess. I would the two computers to just be an exact reflection of another. If I change something on one, save something on one, etc, it should be on the other. How close will I get to achieving that?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

M3 air not coming till the 26. Ask customer service to hurry up and they said it’s a “ custom order. Bro, I copped the dang thing by pressing button on your website. It’s not exactly bespoke

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Corb3t posted:

Best Buy has M2 15” Airs with 16GB of RAM and 1 TB SSD for $1500. Seems like a great deal.

It’s not tho? A 13 inch m3 same specs is barely more than that

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

M3 macbook air came in. Twice as nice and smooth as silk

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

The M3 air came in. 16 cores and a terabyte to beat the band. This thing is in beastmode. M1 16 inch pro relegated to desk duty while this little number is on the go

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

buglord posted:

I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s the need for 2 laptops? Is one for work and the other for something else?

e: unless this was meant to be a replacement for the M1 and youll have it as backup now.

I probably should have traded in the M1 tbqh.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Using the 13 inch air with the IPad mini as a sidecar. Taking pleasure in small things much? you’re wife says much the same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Is Apple really going whole hog on ChatGPT AI scam nonsense? Because that is not the path.