Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

mik posted:

Well I found it noticeable when they were side-by-side, I wouldn't otherwise say the LG is by itself bad or anything not by any stretch, but part of the problem is once I've seen the difference I can't unsee it - so in that sense I'm nitpicking.

Have you tried calibrating it? Because that makes a pretty big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

shodanjr_gr posted:

I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing anything else than Intel IGPs on the lower end Macbooks for the foreseable future...

I'd actually bet there is no 13" MBP in the next refresh.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I've noticed it as well, but I get around it by just never shutting my Air down.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Binary Badger posted:

That's strange, with the Airs you usually get a small USB flash drive that has Lion on it. It's usually packed inside a small paper card; try looking in the little black paper pouch again? And if you didn't get one try calling the Fruit Stand you bought it from and see if they have any spares in stock?

They don't package a USB drive with new Airs. They just have a recovery partition that can install Lion from 'the cloud'.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I’m actually in the market for a new laptop—my current computer is a M1 Air. I was waiting on new Airs, but it seems like a Pro would be worth the ~$500 more for the build I’m wanting (1TB/at least 16GB ram).

I should just buy a Pro, right? There’s no reason to be precious and try to save money if I’m hoping to keep the thing for 5+ years.