Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalChaos
Aug 18, 2003
anyone have suggestions for a benchmark utility that will give IOPS? I have played around with xbench, quickbench, etc. They are great but none of them specifically list IOPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalChaos
Aug 18, 2003

amf5 posted:

Iometer seems to have an OS X version, but I haven't tried it personally.

i couldnt get that one working. it just complains about socket errors (probably Lion compatibility issues).

I just tried out this guy's python script: http://benjamin-schweizer.de/measuring-disk-io-performance.html
But if you though enough threads at it you will start to exceed even the theoretical speed limits of the drive and even the SATA bus.

DigitalChaos
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone have a recommendation for rapidly swapping the bluetooth-only Magic Trackpad between machines? When I swap laptops on my desk setup everything is incredibly easy with the single thunderbolt cable running to my Thunderbolt Display. The Display acts as a hub for everything. The Trackpad is the one thing that sucks.

Is there software out there to deal with this problem? Is there a bluetooth USB dongle that I can pair the devices with so they stick to the dongle instead of the laptop? I have 2 or 3 dedicated machines and need to swap them out about 4 times per day. I've mostly given up on even using the trackpad because of it.