Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

japtor posted:

Ain't their fault if people are willing to pay for it :colbert:.

Yeah, I am one of those jerks. I just got the price from ebay recently-sold items so I figured it was fair. Got a bite / sale within a day or so without any haggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

zeroprime posted:

Would you look at the difference between Toshiba and Samsung SSDs, wow. That would explain why one model was slow to respond after closing and opening it while the other wasn't when I was playing around with two of them in the store.

This isn't totally clear to me. His 13" had the toshiba drive, and his 11" had the samsung drive. The direct drive benchmarks are way better in favor of the samsung...but then take a look at the storage benchmarks later in the review, particularly under windows. The 13" wins everything. Doesn't compute

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

I already have a very nice briefcase, but I want a thin, protective sleeve for my 13" air for travel. What do you guys think?

http://www.myincipio.com/MacBook-Air-13in-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-MacBook-Air-13in-ORION-Slim-Sleeve-Case.asp

That guy has gotten good reviews, but I haven't seen one in person.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I was selling a 2.2C2D 13" Macbook Pro, 4GB of ram + 500gb hard drive for $800 shipped just a little while ago. Most people here and on Craigslist were offering around the Mac2Sell price of about $680, but I got full asking price on another forum I frequent - one less traveled by habitual Mac flippers.

So probably start at about $100 above Mac2Sell, and throw it up wherever you can.

Mac2Sell recommended $300 less than what I sold mine for (2009 13" MBP). I checked ebay and our local craigslist and the prices were much higher. The lowest offer I got was only $100 less than my asking price, or $200 more than Mac2Sell's price.