Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Holy crap, the Lion OSX install is like the smoothest upgrade to an Operating System I've ever seen, drat. Anyone found any problems with it? This is ridiculously easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl

CDOR Gemini posted:

I'm not sure if this is a software question or a hardware one, but here goes:

At some point, are refurbished MBPs going to start coming with Lion pre-installed? I know you get a download toke, but that's not practical for my sister, who is looking into getting one soon.

Does she have any problems accessing the app store? Other than the couple of hours wait, Lion OSX upgrade is seriously, retarded easy. I think you have to click Accept like 3 times and you just wait 30 minutes. It's honestly very smooth.

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

A little bit of electrical tape or something would do the trick, but if you're cracking the thing open and removing the DVD drive you might as well spend the $150 it would take to get a caddy and an SSD for that spot. It will still weigh less than the DVD drive and won't hurt your battery life in any noticeable fashion, but you'll get all that SSD goodness.

For a newbie *~~ MAC USER ~~*<3 is there some sort of tutorial for this? You mean you remove the DVD drive completely and add a second hard drive, right? (Macbook Pro 13)

I'm just wondering how hard it would be, because I've used my laptop's DVD drive like twice, ever.

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Intdaddesting... Thanks! This is what I think he's installing: http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OBSXGB-MB15&Category_Code=STORHDOPTIBAY

Might be interesting to try it on a weekend or something... As long as they include everything that's needed, it's pretty affordable.

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Looking for cases for a 15 inch retina MBP, whatcha got SA?

Looked at Speck cases but they look kinda plain, any recommendations?