Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Splinter posted:

Anyone have experience with this Logitech wireless solar keyboard? Any issues? I'm looking for a wireless keyboard for use when my MBP is 'docked', and am leaning toward this one since it has the number pad unlike the Apple wireless and I like the idea of not having to worry about batteries.

Yeah, worked great so long as I remembered to turn it off when I didn't use it otherwise I'd have to leave it on the windowsill to charge.

Also it is sitting in my closet so I could probably just offload it for the cost of shipping and a bit extra... I now have 6 keyboards in my closet since I just got the new Microsoft split keyboard (which owns btw)

Warning though that it's likely dead by now and from what I remember finding a replacement battery is a pain as it needed a MR2032 instead of the non-chargeable kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Splinter posted:

Do you have any comments on how it types, compared to Apple laptop & standalone keyboards?

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it if I decide to go this route.

Like any chicklet keyboard, it worked fine in my opinion. It uses a dongle and it didn't seem to have any issues losing connection but I kept it on a desk in close proximity. Can't comment on the distance unfortunately.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

Your MBA will sound like a jet engine while playing Civ 5. I love my MBA but playing games on it is not pleasant. Even something small like FTL does it.

To be fair ftl is a horribly written game and not a benchmark of small app performance.