Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Surlaw posted:

-Felicia gets an introduction scene with Peter when he goes to visit Harry. The entire Harry and Peter discussion is massively different, and goes into the fact that Norman Osborne has been watching Peter for 14 years. Harry then shows Peter the video of their dads discussing the super spiders and looks smug.

I'm guessing this is where the cut scene between Peter and Harry from the trailer ended up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Vulpes posted:

I'm guessing this is where the cut scene between Peter and Harry from the trailer ended up?
Yeah. Aside from the alternate ending, it's the most extensive deleted scene. You also get to see Harry showing off the Goblin armor to Peter in the Oscorp offices beforehand.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Finally watched the Blu-Ray. What in the world happened with this movie? It was a mess. Some beautiful imagery but nothing about it made any sense. This movie constantly subverts it's characters. I don't need my silly Spidey movies to be "realistic" but I couldn't figure out the limits of Electro's powers. Everyone behaves in the most 2-dimensional, simple ways possible. Peter's dad is a humdrum science guy...with resources to create a subway lab...what?!?!? It's a shame, because like everyone else says, Garfield nails both sides of the character. But everything else is so uneven. Sure is pretty though.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I liked this movie, but this was pretty drat funny and 100% accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53183mVc2o

Also, to me, this fails as a movie..but it's decent as a Spider-Man thing that feels like the bad ASM comics as they are right now. So...it has that going for it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

^^^ I don't know, some of those I think are a bit nit picky. The movie didn't do it for me but like, the opening Spidey scene I thought was loving great.

Garfield is saying that the cut scenes (or sometimes, stuff cut from the script that was never filmed I guess?) totally make this movie better http://comicbook.com/2014/09/11/andrew-garfield-blames-studios-cuts-for-hurting-the-amazing-spid/

I'm sorry, I really don't think the deleted scenes bring the quality of the movie up. Honestly some of them drag it down.

Also, I'm not as much of a film buff as I'm sure some of you are, but why don't home releases put the deleted scenes into the movie or into a Director's Cut? I think that'd make them work much better than 12 deleted scenes that take place throughout the movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

Also, I'm not as much of a film buff as I'm sure some of you are, but why don't home releases put the deleted scenes into the movie or into a Director's Cut? I think that'd make them work much better than 12 deleted scenes that take place throughout the movie.

Short answer: It's significantly more work ("more work" of course also translating to "more money spent") to prepare a whole new cut of a feature film than to slap some deleted scenes on a DVD as a bonus feature.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 11, 2014

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ThermoPhysical posted:

I liked this movie, but this was pretty drat funny and 100% accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53183mVc2o

Also, to me, this fails as a movie..but it's decent as a Spider-Man thing that feels like the bad ASM comics as they are right now. So...it has that going for it.

I tend to enjoy How It Should Have Ended clips more than the Everything Wrong With bits, they make similar jokes but the HISHE guys are actually funny.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Wade Wilson posted:

I tend to enjoy How It Should Have Ended clips more than the Everything Wrong With bits, they make similar jokes but the HISHE guys are actually funny.

Everything wrong with is usually pretty bad, luckily this was done by the Honest Trailers guys and is actually very funny. Just compare this to the EWW Honest trailer of the same movie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Finally decided on this rainy Saturday morning to pop in the blu-ray and give this film a watch.

I loved the first Amazing Spider Man and this one totally knocked it out the park for me. It mostly felt like a continuation than a stand alone film despite the fact you could easily watch it as such. I really like that kind of serialisation and it really hammered it home with the end scene. It never felt like it outstayed its welcome (I would easily have watch more) and every single actor was so committed to their role that i got lost in the whole thing.

I REALLY liked the dialogue and writing too. Everything seemed so human in the interactions, and despite seeing such plot lines before in other films i feel they came together well.

Electro was a very tragic character and Jamie Foxx a fantastic choice of actor to play the role. I never stopped feeling sorry for him.

Would have really liked more Chris Cooper and more Paul Giamatti.

Definitely my favourite spider man movie so far out of all the ones I've seen.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I do believe that if anything really should have been cut from the film to make way for more stuff it would be the entire opening scene with Peter's parents. Sure it set up having Peter find all that stuff in dad's secret lab but honestly? That could've been a 5 second flashback or something even simpler, that scene at the beginning was unnecessary and did bloat the film.

At any rate alls I really care about now is having Black Cat in ASM3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So it seems MCU is in talks with Sony for Avengers 3 Spidey cross over... Really hope this happens.
http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider-man-marvel-avengers-movie-crossover/

• Locked thread