Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Vox Nihili posted:

I think it might have something to do with inexperienced posters picking little fighters, while the experienced managers stick to tried and true strategies.

Inexperienced managers that think armor will be of any use whatsoever on a small fighter. I'm very sorry I missed the sign-ups for this round (I was on vacation at the time). My kobold would totally not have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Every time I see a tiny fighter with armor on I regret a little more that I was away during sign-ups.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

jackyl posted:

e2: still in awe that a 10 dodge skill got hit with the first charge, good job by Clown Baby. Maybe the size differential makes it harder to dodge a charge since you have to move further?

With a sample space of 1 there really isn't enough data to say anything about how good dodge 10 is against tigermen.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

That was some real good fights. Does DF consider weight of armor and armor skill for charging? Otherwise I have a hard time seeing how a goblin could knock down and stun a human.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I guess tigermen don't have big brains that need lots of oxygen. Nice photo finish, though!

It's good that Madden didn't get to the bit where mass is cubed from size.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Quit breaking the fourth wall. And I've been busy lately. And also, Photobucket sucks now, at least for forum updates like these, which makes the updates take even longer.

I heard the new Flickr sucks even worse though. See y'all next time!

Allow me to point our hapless Autobot to http://lpix.org/ and http://imgur.com/ . Lpix is a product by goon baldurk for the Let's Play subforum and has a Rightload plugin.

You'd think an elf named Shooty McShootalot would be better at, well, shooting.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

That was brutal. Poor dwarf.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I wonder how many dorfbux has disappeared from the betting pool due to this last hiatus. I only had 208 dorfbux to bet with, and the bets so far are kind of low overall. Of course, it hasn't been long at all since betting opened.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I even remember my password this time.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Let's see who feels the pain Ant Agonist is going to dish out!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I'm torn. On the one hand, I got on team 1! That must mean it's the best team. On the other, Bad Munki is on it.

E: Ignite Memories, post or update your profile with a way to get in touch with you so I can send you the URL to our team discussion method please.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 8, 2014

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

To one-up that, we have Slade armor on our team.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Matches being run soon means it's time to place them bets! I've put all my dorfbux on Daggum Polecats, because we will totally win our match. Unless the enemy team has vaguely competent builds.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ant Agonist has 3 points in biting, but she never used it as far as I could see from the combat log. She was mostly blocking things and futilely trying to hit things with her whip. There appears to be some similarity between Gnomelette and Ant Agonist's builds.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I have once again put ALL OF MY DORFBUX on Daggum Polecats to win, so there's a big payout of 10 dorfbux waiting for whoever bets on the other team!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

You guys suck :smith:

That was a great fight, man, thanks for stepping up.

edit:Also,

WHAT THE poo poo IS THIS?!?

Hey, in the first fight Harold died right away while Ant Agonist at least blocked the other team for a good while after everyone else was dead. It seems we take turns being survivors, next match it will be Knuckle Dragger (it won't).

It looks to me like wrestling moves are a defensive fighter's bane, and that my idiot antwoman always goes to whip the molemarian if there is one, as if such creatures can feel pain.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

The rest of you might have things like "lethal weapons" and "competent fighters", but do you have FAN ART?

That's right you don't.

That's awesome.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Yet again a heroic effort by a small whip-and-shield wielder is let down by their teammates. :smith:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Did we.. just win a match? And Bad Munki scored a kill? Am I still sleeping?

Also my dorfbux went from 10 to 126 on this match. Finally betting all my dorfbux on my own team pays off!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I think Catholicism should be renamed to The Inquisition after a match like that.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Antastic is confident she'll do better in the Arena than her ant, Ant Agonist.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I've set up antastic's skills. If anyone from Team 9 has any objections, feel free to contact me at (my forum name without spaces)@gmail.com.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

what the poo poo just happened

I think... I think Bad Munki's team just won a match. Why didn't this happen more often when we were on it?

Also MY DORFBUX! NOOOOOOO!

E: Also, I think the website could do with a legend on the bottom of the standings page. I have no idea what GB, PF, or PA stand for.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 16, 2014

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Thanks!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ouch, that could have gone better.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Batch crop the images down with irfanview. You don't get the tile sets messed up by resizing them, and it's really fast and easy to do. It looks like you're already cropping rather than resizing though.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I had no opinion on this match before I started reading that update. Reading the lineup, I decided "I'll root for Habeas Corpses!" Even when I don't bet dorfbux, I lose bets.

Anyway, this match raises an interesting possibility, seeing as a fighter doesn't show up as dead in the combat log until their body lands. Say there are two fighters (left) in a match, Fighter A and Fighter B.

1. Fighter A punches Fighter B's head clean off, sending the body flying across the arena.
2. Fighter A bleeds out and dies.
3. Fighter B's body lands.

Fighter A survived longer, but fighter B wins if we follow the combat log.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Nooooo, why couldn't Antastic stab a little harder with that first attack?

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Geokinesis posted:

I don't think I've seen an antperson do any good ever, are they just terrible?

Ant Agonist did a swell job holding off multiple opponents last tournament, but she was on a team with Knuckle Dragger. (And I didn't realise she would spawn opposite molemarians, or I would have abandoned the whip gimmick)

Sorry for being terrible in my advice last tournament, Ignite Memories, I should have specified that skills you buy purely for the stat buffs by total skill ranks should be attack skills you can't use due to not having the right weapon equipped. Also, is that still a thing in df2014? I don't even know.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

We won a match? And Antastic contributed? This is pretty great!

Unfortunately, even if Two and a Half men lose 0-4 to Modern Family, they've got us beat on kills already.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 29, 2014

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Yeah. I read the combat log, it seems there was a lot of limb crippling toward the end of the fight. But then everyone contributed to that.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Yeti Chan, I need your badge and your gun.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Here, in the losers' final, Antastic finally lives up to her name. Three decapitation kills, only a Just a Prick's dwindling supply of blood stopping her from getting a fourth.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Actually, it looks like everything is now ready to go on my end, so I'll probably start the sign-up period on the site in a couple of hours, around 1 AM GMT / 9 PM EDT / 8 PM CDT / 7 PM MDT / 6 PM PDT / whatever that translates to in the other time zones.

:f5:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I decided I was done scratching the surface of ant puns, Carver has joined the league.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

However Yeti puns have no limit.

Oh, Carver still has ant references.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Oh, Carver is fighting Manotaur, I see. Run by an experienced player, too. Well, Carver is quite handicapped as the arena rules prohibit her from using teleportation, fire magic, or her friendship with various deities, so she'll just have to slice that Manotaur up with a sword.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Lava is a nerf to the dodge skill, and everyone has already built their fighter.

I approve of lava only if slade shields are introduced and can be used to surf on the lava.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 11, 2015

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

^ carver had 4 weapon skill for that match, not really "good" as far as I can tell.

My fighter won a match...? And next round is guaranteed not to be facing a serpent, this is looking up. Oh, and thanks for all the dorfbux!

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Carver is good to go for round two. There's a lot of money to be made for betters in that match, too!

• Locked thread