Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Kamicatze the Tigerman is ready for his suicidal arena debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Well, at least my tigerman showed that he is very aptly named.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Well poo poo. I was going to say that going all-in on weapon skill at the cost of defence doesn't seem to work against smaller foes who can get equivalent weapon skill without sacrificing defence, but Chad is a pike wielding tigerman as well, and he parried nearly all of my guys attacks while handily landing several decisive blows, so :iiam:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Wow, I somehow made it back into the top 15 betting ranks with that last match, after losing all my money in the prelims.

Maugrim posted:

I guess it's now open season on discussion of what tweaks to make for the next tournament? Although I think there's already some consensus on that, at least among the commissioners.

I'd suggest standardizing creature sizes and attribute values in the raws. Losing a fight because your dwarf was randomly spawned in the smallest size category and suddenly can't wield his battleaxe in one hand without massive penalties isn't very fair.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Please test an underwater division so I can create a squid man who wields two extra swords with his head tentacles and have him fight against sperm whale men fourty times as big as a yeti, narwhal men with a tusk attack, hilariously fragile sponge men, venomous platypus men and sea monsters.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
You could always [a]ssume control and manually jump the offending creature into a magma tile outside the arena.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
In with the only Troll so far, so I can blame poor balancing when I lose provide valuable data in this test tournament.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
That's my very first arena win :woop: Thank Armok for vestigial spines.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Ramc posted:

Gronk "No Neck" Trollson

I guess it's too late to change my fighters name to Krang, eh?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Gronk no need for bribes, has very lucrative sponsorship contract with Dul & Spödgôz Mystery Meat Manufactory :btroll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Looks like someone finally ran out of money to bribe commissioners with :colbert:

• Locked thread