Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
My dorfbux :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I am terrible at this betting thing...

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

gently caress I can't win a bet!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I bet on team legs and slade gauntlets, so I'd advise betting on the other two teams because I lost every bet I made last round, I'm like that psychic octopus that predicts stuff.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

To anyone who bet on Team legs, I warned you. I bet on them, which meant they were doomed.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I won a bet! Good work slade gauntlets!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mygna posted:

Wow, I somehow made it back into the top 15 betting ranks with that last match, after losing all my money in the prelims.

I'd suggest standardizing creature sizes and attribute values in the raws. Losing a fight because your dwarf was randomly spawned in the smallest size category and suddenly can't wield his battleaxe in one hand without massive penalties isn't very fair.

Could we have size and attributes be purchasable, like skills and equipment?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Zaltys posted:

Mine was built around survival.
Stinky did well against my own team mates in test battles, but in retrospect, it was a bad build.

Sure, she was the last one standing in both of the matches that we lost. But defense without offense is pointless.

Not entirely, if you can keep more than one member of their team busy ineffectually fighting you, you've effectively given your team mates a numerical advantage. Look how many fights were lost because an important fighter spent a billion years pounding on an unconscious yeti while their team got slaughtered

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Decoy Badger posted:

Betting against the probability of a trance paid off! Trances seem much, much rarer than older DF versions now, I think having two in a single round really skewed the betting towards dwarf-bearing teams.

I suspect, and this is just a theory, we see less trances towards the end of the tournament, as more skilled fighters kill each other much faster. I could be completely wrong though!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I am glad this is not dead!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Ablative posted:

So wait, if Spermy wins (I know he won't, but roll with it), doesn't that defeat the purpose of the Battle Royale? We're here to pick a replacement for him, not give him a chance to stay in the running!

The purpose of the battle royale is to entertain us!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

goatface posted:

Just kill some fuckers already.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I put it all on the Skewer, don't let me down!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Yesss go Ramc!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Jazzimus Prime posted:

That is something that I intend to have in place, if not for the next tournament (which will probably be another test tournament), then for the one after that at the latest. I think that a dummy tournament wouldn't be the cleanest way to implement test fighters though, since I'd like for users to be able to choose and reset the number of points they wish to assign, and to select and change which set of league rules they wish to use.

In the meantime, I'm very close to finishing the first cut at home-arena code, which is currently my priority. I'm already able to successfully generate schedules for two types of regular seasons that allow for home arenas (Double Intradivisional Round Robin where you play each divisional opponent twice, and also a longer "NFL-Style" which is a double intradivisional round-robin plus one match against each opponent from a different division). All I need to do now is to generate a playoff that features each divisional champion plus up to n wild-card participants.

If you think that sounds confusing, you should see the code :smith:

This makes me want to see dwarf fortress blood bowl

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Offcut the goblin is in. This will be my first tournament, I'm going to get OWNED.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Don't test your builds. It's obviously unfair for people who are too lazy to test their builds, sheesh.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

As a complete rookie, I read this

Bene Elim posted:

Holey Moley wears only an adamantine mail shirt and carries no weapon.

Bob the Blocker carries four heavy copper shields and is well protected by a steel mail shirt, steel helm and steel gauntlets.

and realised I probably spent too many points on skills and nowhere near enough points on equipment...

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Good, Offcut awaits.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Don't be too hasty, Offcut hasn't won the next fight yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Wow, what the hell happened there

• Locked thread