Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010
Vigilance is a burden.

If not having access to credit at a moment of weakness means you don't spend, it might be worth it to eschew the convenience and benefits you get with a credit card.

Trillions of dollars have been spent perfecting the art of getting you to buy poo poo you don't need or can't afford. They know what they are doing.

poo poo, my bank's marketing slogan is literally "You're richer than you think".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010

tuyop posted:

Between exercise, biking to work, and a part-time job, I'm going to get pretty busy, I think.

The Hipster's Lament.

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010

tuyop posted:

And the other thing is that we use our iphones constantly. Personally I sent almost 1500 (this is down from 3000 last month, for work) text messages this month and have used 5300mb of data. I only use about 100 minutes of actual phone time a month, most of it evenings and weekends. Otherwise I use skype constantly because everyone I call is long distance and it works over 3G pretty well. This is not counting all the reminders and book reading and apps and general utility that I get. Most of the utility could be replicated by a pad of paper, I'm sure.

7-11's value plans might work out for you. Unlimited texting and 100 Canadawide minutes is $20 a month, no contract. An extra $10 for unlimited web browsing, but it's limited to web browsing, so your apps won't work with it. I've used them for years, not with an iPhone though, and they're awesome. Apparently they're coming out with full data plans too.

http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-cell-phone-rates#value-plans

Persona non grata fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 20, 2012

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010
Tuyop, you should consult a priest for an exorcism. Buying the wrong size tires is something only a demon could do. The 10's of dollars you're wasting in shipping costs could be spent on additional psychiatrists. Sure, it's only enough to get a shrink to look at you from a passing car and shout a diagnosis, but those barked words could be what transform you from a debt monster into Suze Orman.

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Non dischargeable.

For the first 7 (?) years after graduation. Repayment is income tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010
Students loans can discharge through bankruptcy if enough time has passed since graduation. I think it's 7 years, but I'm not certain.

Sorry, I should have said that government loans were income tested. It means if you have no income, you can apply to have your payment reduced, to nothing if necessary. I don't know of an equivalent program for bank loans.

• Locked thread