Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

tuyop posted:

/\/\/\ Well obviously, as long as the paint isn't damaged. It'll have to get fixed at some point though.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

cstine posted:

It's kinda interesting you don't seem to have any opinions on if you think things are a good idea, generally it's just a half-hearted defense of Tyuop's latest Manic Moment(TM).

Actually I feel like toeshoes' posting is some of the healthiest stuff in this thread. Although it is sadly way less fun to watch toeshoes be a supportive girlfriend, her making GBS threads on tuyop basically in public would reflect a really lovely relationship. I'm sure that in private there's a lot more discussion going on.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Nice job, Tuyop. Also, you are spot-on about you being a naive 1st-year education student. It's kind of adorable reading your dreams about creating engaging lessons. The real truth is that there will for sure be a few kids who sense your greenness and make it their year-long quest to make you have a meltdown. I think you might be a little more resistant since you have some experience supervising others. Kids can be pretty impressively lovely though.

I sound like a bitter old teacher but I love teaching, you just have to have a realistic idea of what you can achieve. Don't forget all these cool alternate assessment ideas, but maybe for your first assignments, keep it simple. Too much choice can be paralyzing, especially for kids. And some like I said will make it their job to complain about anything, including "unfairness" whether real or perceived. They know as a new teacher you will feel like you should acknowledge and address their concerns, and might even be dumb enough to do it in front of the class. If you fall for it you've lost control.

Anyhow, if you're expecting it like it sounds like you are, you will probably not be so miserably incompetent like I was my first year. :( Good luck with everything.

• Locked thread