Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Libluini posted:

If there is a Skyrim remake/port coming for the Nintendo Switch like the rumours say, I now know which character I will make for it. So even if the webcomic about Katia is dead, Katia herself will live.
To really recreate the experience, you have to play on PS4 where the mods are abandoned due to bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

To really recreate the experience, you have to play on PS4 where the mods are abandoned due to bullshit

Nah, that would feel like a waste of money, considering I already have Skyrim on my old PS3. Having the same game on PS4, just with better graphics? I'd feel like I'd bought the same game twice.

I'd prefer to have a Nintendo-version for a change of pace. At least this way I can rationalize the cost away by pretending it's different because it's Nintendo

Or maybe I just restart on PS3 to save money.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Not a real update, but Kaz put up the side story that was previously included with the merch shipments in printed form. He also didn't actually put a link to it anywhere on the site.

http://www.prequeladventure.com/receipt-comic/

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 1, 2016

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Gruckles posted:

Not a real update, but Kaz put up the side story that was previously included with the merch shipments in printed form. He also didn't actually put a link to it anywhere on the site.

http://www.prequeladventure.com/asotil-deliver/

This must involve TES lore, which I'm not especially familiar with, so I don't get it.

Also, why is it in black and white?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

This must involve TES lore, which I'm not especially familiar with, so I don't get it.

Also, why is it in black and white?
Most of the side-stories have been in black&white so it's not too surprising that this one is as well.
As for what it's about, in Oblivion there was one side-quest that took the player to the remote village of Hackdirt to find the missing daughter of a merchant from one of the main cities: the whole thing is basically Bethesda's take on the Lovecraft's novella The Shadow Over Innsmouth with the village being populated by cultists venerating the Deep Ones and sacrificing travellers to them.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Quill-Weave side stories are black & white because she's colorblind.
The Asotil one is in black & white so Kaz wouldn't have to pay for color ink.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Gruckles posted:

http://www.prequeladventure.com/receipt-comic/

For some reason I'm getting a 404 on that link, but the same link from the side stories section does work (it's linked there now). Also the site status has changed to 'working on post-merch update'.

Give us a Christmas miracle Kaz.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hey, it's something. And thanks for the small bit of background info on Hackdirt... that does help put it into context. Not uproariously funny, but amusing nevertheless.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

For some reason I'm getting a 404 on that link, but the same link from the side stories section does work (it's linked there now). Also the site status has changed to 'working on post-merch update'.

I renamed the page when I properly linked it on the site. Given that the only links to the old URL are now buried in the comment section, I'll probably go back and put something really cool there once everyone has forgotten about it.

Gruckles posted:

The Asotil one is in black & white so Kaz wouldn't have to pay for color ink.

The actual story behind that is I wanted to try to make the comic look like an old printed book, so I kept it monochrome, printed it on laid paper, and manually went through the text to add the sort of kerning errors you see in 1800s-era printing.

Of course, I kind of broke the whole printing press thing on the images. Stippling or crosshatching just doesn't work at all with a flat art style like this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oh hi Kazerad

see ya next year

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So Kazerad, "when" you finally update again, are you going to build up a backlog first like every competent webcomic artist ever so that you can update regularly for the first time in literal years, or am I putting way too much faith in you?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So Kazerad, "when" you finally update again, are you going to build up a backlog first like every competent webcomic artist ever so that you can update regularly for the first time in literal years, or am I putting way too much faith in you?
Uh no, they're going to take another year to make another five minute flash game, duh

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
enough! we must bring about death of the author.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Normal Adult Human posted:

enough! we must bring about death of the author.

I think this thread has already been generally in favor of that, considering the subject matter.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can't really make a backlog for a comic that takes reader suggestions in it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just draw something that involves loving the cat and people will probably be happy

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

IronSaber posted:

It's almost reader driven comics live off of momentum or something??? And the reason many of them use simple art or art that can be copy/pasted may have something to do with that?????

Anyhow, I'd love to keep posting but I just had a great idea for my next animation: rotoscoping! I'm sure this process whose own creator discovered was time consuming and laborious in 1918 is going to help me really crank this next update out in no time at all, while simultaneously dealing with the aftermath of a successful crowdfunding and whatever other projects I'm working on in addition to my normal real life job since there's no way I'm making enough from this for it to be my only job!

Wish me luck!

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 2, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

IronSaber posted:

I think Kill Six Billion Demons manages to do so..?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Jackard posted:

It's regular about its updates, but K6BD doesn't have a backlog.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jackard posted:

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's regular about its updates, but K6BD doesn't have a backlog.

It's been a while since I've read that. What exactly is influenced by the readers?
Talking about comics with actual updates ITT.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 1, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There was one option for input early on that I'm not sure exactly what it influenced (I *think* it was mainly what it looked like for Allison to traverse the void into Throne for the first time), then we got a character named although that was a bit indirect (that being Preem Nand), then it was generating a bunch of side characters for a giant fight scene, then there was a thing to make outfits for Allison that would appear later, then there was the creation of a whole bunch of the gods, and then it was generating a whoooooooole bunch of names for the binding of a devil (devils getting less powerful the more names that they have), who now has the unfortunate moniker of "Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jacck Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna Esquire" (she is not very happy about it)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The reader input isn't a one off thing either, those characters keep showing up in the comic and the comments

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
kaz do the thing they did in a scanner darkly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IronSaber posted:

Just go Homestuck on it, who cares anymore

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I was a fan of the Imperial soldier guy, way way back when he made his appearance, so thanks, whoever found that link.

I'd like to see this comic continue. There will be an update in 2016, I believe in you Kaz.

If not 2016, then 2017, almost definitely.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zoe posted:

I was a fan of the Imperial soldier guy, way way back when he made his appearance, so thanks, whoever found that link.

I'd like to see this comic continue. There will be an update in 2016, I believe in you Kaz.

If not 2016, then 2017, almost definitely.

And if not in 2017, hopefully by 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jackard posted:

The reader input isn't a one off thing either, those characters keep showing up in the comic and the comments

When you receive a masterpiece like Layla the Gun Witch, you don't just use it for one-off.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I love this dead dumb comic

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motherfucker posted:

I love this dead dumb comic

Why did you bump this thread, Motherfucker?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

CrashCat posted:

Why did you bump this thread, Motherfucker?

Was still on the first page when I got @ it.

Also I do as I loving please.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey kazerad you gently caress any cats lately?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All the animal shelters in his area have a picture of him behind the counter with a note reading "DO NOT GIVE CATS TO THIS MAN".

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motherfucker posted:

Was still on the first page when I got @ it.
Ouch, condolences on the dead subforum

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

hey kazerad you gently caress any cats lately?

I'm really not an animal person. Most people I know aren't. Like, comic aside, it may have actually been more than a year since I've seen a cat in real life. This should explain the Bartholomew-levels of cat comprehension in my artwork. Don't shatter my fragile psyche by telling me that cats don't have boobs, or that their eyes don't actually reach all the way up onto their ears.

But yeah, sorry about the delays; I'm doing a complex thing that requires some specialized resources I can't produce myself. It has been a fun adventure that I am absolutely never doing again. On the other hand, if you wanted the comic to not update: you're welcome! I love all of you equally, and I did this just for you.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Sadly, no matter how intricate and amazing that update may be, the lead up time will make it underwhelming. Unless you do something truly spectacular, like proving P=NP as a nonchalant side note, it will feel bland at best.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 7, 2016

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Well it's actually okay that you haven't seen a cat in a year, it's not like you've been drawing any cats anyway.

:smugdog:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kazerad should do an abrupt about face and just turn the strip into entirely rough sketches, and make up the audience input so they don't even have to wait for that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So what you're saying is that the last time you saw a cat, you updated?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CrashCat posted:

Kazerad should do an abrupt about face and just turn the strip into entirely rough sketches, and make up the audience input so they don't even have to wait for that

Basically what Homestuck did but Kazerad never learns by example, only by doing

cheetah7071 posted:

So what you're saying is that the last time you saw a cat, you updated?

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hIIzs9sRc

• Locked thread