Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
That... was actually really uplifting and enheartening. I'm actually kind of inspired. This guardian spirit is hilarious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
See, I never thought it was puns that made her set things on fire. It was her mental state of being annoyed at being subject to anti-khajit racism, to being put down and looked down on not because of anything she did but because of her fur. It wasn't puns, it was self disrespect within her internal mental dialog. I figured that when she did the uncontrolled telekenisis, it was less a "bird pun" and more just frantic thinking since people were trying pretty much everything in rapid succession.

Frantic thinking and convincing something to move kindof works together? Sortof? You've got fast talking to confuse and befuddle, and then you mention birds, and I guess the object wanted to be like a bird?

Makes more sense than what the insane ghost said anyway.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
In case that was too subtle, it updated.

That was pretty amusing, and yes, the ghost is great. I'm still skeptical of magic that the puppy soul can't deal with.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
You know what? I'm going to submit that as a command. "Open console, prid peg_game, activate" is the closest thing I can think of that would do it...

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Definitely looks like she's "picking stuff up" in Oblivion. The telekinesis spell would A) Cost magicka, B) Be blocked by the amulet, and C) Be longer ranged. While she's not abusing console commands (and is thus not a god), I'd still say this is CHIM. Utilizing game mechanics.

She's going to spend the rest of her life using this "spell" to pick stuff up, and is constantly going to try to figure out how to rotate things correctly. We know this, because everyone who ever played the game has done so.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
To be fair, the unorganized quest log DOES resemble the quest log you actually get in game. :colbert:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Can this thread not be a helldump? I don't care much about the author's lovely views and opinions, I just enjoy Katia getting better at life.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
See also: "The Noodle Incident" from Calvin and Hobbes fame.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Kaz keeps saying he's writing this with an assumed audience of the person in the future who is binge reading it all at once, not really for the people who are waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... for the next update. That said, and even so, this particular exchange is REALLY cringe inducing. I know that's the character, and is just who she is, but I've mostly been enjoying this comic for the fact that she's been overcoming that. And right now? The awkward conversation with Rajirra is painful.

JUST GET UP THERE ALREADY!!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
A good update. Short, simple, gets to the point, and satisfying.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm disappointed that Kaz didn't go with my suggestion of knocking firmly on the door and politely asking to be let out.
You too? I also added that she can also shout down to the storekeeper from the window, if she went outside and can't hear the knocking.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
If you ACTUALLY want to know what CHIM is, and not have people spew a bunch of in-universe mystic bullshit at you (like you'll find at UESP), you could read this article.

Alternatively, I could just tell you: CHIM is realizing that you are a videogame character, and gaining access to powers beyond the fourth wall-- namely, the UI, the console commands, and most importantly, the TES Construction Kit (and with it, 3rd party mods, and presumably the Nexus). But the cool thing is that the Elder Scrolls takes the concept of breaking the fourth wall, and integrates it into the world; with mystics, scholars, and even NPC gods trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on outside the box when they themselves are inside the box. The result is a bunch of in game books that sound like something out of the Zohar in terms of confusing mysticism, but if you're in on the joke, it's pretty cool/amusing.

It's used to explain why player characters are so awesome, but the writers also have allowed a few NPCs to "access CHIM" as well, such as Vivec and Talos, who apparently use the game's modding tools in between games in order to make the changes required for the next "age", aka the next sequel.

People are saying that Katia has achieved partial CHIM already because she's making use of the game's UI-- her "Telekinesis" is not actually the telekinesis spell, but rather the in game "pick up" command.

Iunnrais fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 20, 2015

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
New Update!

I like this one. More stupid faffing about at the beginning, but then we finally GET somewhere. Progress is being made! I like the sound of that magic item too.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
People really obsess over finding loopholes in things, don't they. You can't have a magical thing without people getting all lawyery about it.

I liked the "Can I try on the invisibility cloak?" line. Hah!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I can't even find out how to get Katia to go to sleep in the flash side adventure. I feel like I've interacted with every crate, box, barrel, chest, and living creature on board the ship, but she still says there's more to do before going to sleep.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Not really. It's been more "big rises and little falls that can be overcome"' for a while now, which is more fun anyway, and basically how any narrative arc works. The months long hiatus part is dead on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hey, it's something. And thanks for the small bit of background info on Hackdirt... that does help put it into context. Not uproariously funny, but amusing nevertheless.

• Locked thread