Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh, hey, a Prequeladventure thread!
I first read about the comic on RPS, and from the description I expected it to be more of a Larry David-esque disaster-fest than it turned out to be. I'm guessing the outcry from people in the comments who threatened to stop reading unless bad things stopped happening to Katia started getting to the author after a while. But without the constant expectation of disaster all these sequences wouldn't have such tension. Although I'm hoping for less horrors of a sexual nature in the future. Like many people, I was bothered by the creepy borderline-rape stuff and slightly misogynistic attitudes shown on a couple of occasions (and the fact that almost nobody in comments seemed to notice them). Seeing that Kazerad is at least aware of this concern is a relief.
Anyway, the comic's pretty funny, the art is great and I'm liking all the multimedia and interactive poo poo thrown in for greater immersion. It's a pretty interesting format. Can't wait to find out what the king stuff is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I can't tell whether you are aware that Kazerad actively posts in this thread, and if you to check through the previous pages, you'll see that on many occasions Kaz has addressed and discussed the themes of misogyny and tragedy-driven narrative and all that stuff.
Yeah I know, he said it was the character's attitude and not his. From the comic it wasn't clear that he disagreed with it.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

And I'm assuming you never played Oblivion, since you don't get what the King stuff is all about? (Well, actually we don't necessarily entirely know what it's all about, but we know what it's referring to and can guess the implications. But I won't spoil that here. )
I meant I wonder why Katia is having these nightmares. Although I have to admit I don't remember alnost anything about Oblivion's story at this point.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now it's on :munch:

it's gonna be a week before the next update isn't it:suicide:

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Xander77 posted:

Is anyone actually reading through all the text? It's all kinds of samey, so it seems designed to be breezed over.
I did, I mean it's been a while since the last update, might as well get the most out of it. This is getting pretty exhausting, but I'm sure Kazerad knows what he's doing.

^^^Wait, what's with everyone's avatars?

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
BOOM! Take that, Cheapest Mead!

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
I totally thought the pineapple trick would finally be revealed to be something completely innocuous, but he decided to keep building it up further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
What's with the ever-increasing scale of updates, is your next one gonna be a broadway musical?

• Locked thread