Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The Worst Unicorn posted:

If I were Hussie I'd be kind of annoyed that someone took my thing wholesale and dropped it on their cat-people video game comic. Does he have any thoughts about it?
There's an entire subforum on his forums for fan adventures, many of which directly rip off not only his format but his characters and plot.

I can't think he's bothered by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

EvilKosh posted:

Going back to the epic of Gilgamesh, and thousands of years of storytelling, 147 million books and media in the Library Of Congress, you are looking for character development in a shamefully derivative "comic" drawn in MS Paint. Congratulations.
Yes, because everyone has to pick one work of literature and stick to it forever at the exclusion of all others. God forbid we try to find enjoyment from a a variety of sources that each cater to our individual tastes.

So, Kaz, what's the update schedule you're trying to maintain, or is it just "when the gently caress ever i feel like updating"

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zenzirouj posted:

I guess the biggest thing to make sure you're doing is resisting the urge to draw things out for longer than necessary. Possibly my biggest peeve with all types of story-telling (or all forms of writing, really) is when an idea, conversation, plotline, or whatever takes longer than is necessary to be expressed. You're probably at lesser risk of this since you're still on the "starting out" phase and don't have as much of a reason to have the story drag on and on instead of ending it and risking losing readers.
See: The loving castle plotline in Girl Genius. :v:

I think it's going along at a good clip. Personally, I'd prefer smaller updates more often but that's just me.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think it's more about the implied intent of the author. No one is going to knock R Stevens for reusing his character sprites in Diesel Sweeties, or Ryan North for Dinosaur comics

A comic that by all accounts looks like the artist is hand drawing everything from scratch then a month or two into it you see an obviously copy-pasted panel, it comes off as jarring and obvious.

I think it's more about expectations, and what the artist is conveying to the audience as "normal" for that comic.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Just because she's a vampire doesn't mean she doesn't have friends over for dinner.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There was a joke a while back that she had long hair but there was an incident where she was rendered completely bald and her hair is only just growing back.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kurui Reiten posted:

I get the feeling it's a parody of all the suggestions that amount to "KATIA THIS IS INTERNET FRIEND TALKING YOU ARE SO COOL JUST ANIME UP AND USE YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE STORED SOMEWHERE AND WIPE OUT THIS ISSUE AND ALSO GO SUPER SAIYAN AND SHOOT LASERS OF JUSTICE FROM YOUR FACE PEW PEW PEW YOU CAN DO IT".
Prequel is about a much different kind of escalation.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Yonic Symbolism posted:

She should watch the Riddick movies and take after his example, kill some people and get someone to surgically implant night vision eyes that actually loving work.
Riddick was lying about that, those were his real eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cthulhuchan posted:

And so Kazerad's quest to become a mastermind supervillian takes another step forward.
Delegating tasks is the first step towards corporate America. Way to sell out Kaz.

• Locked thread