Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Chwoka posted:

If you really wanted to talk to the author, there's actually an official suggestion/discussion thread on the MSPA Forums. I hear you don't even have to pay ten dollars to register there.

That's kind of a weird thing to say in response to someone thanking the author for posting here. I mean I get that people sometimes go overboard with the whole "hey can we get _______ an account?!" thing but Kazerad just sort of showed up and made some good points in response to the conversation that was going on? Nothing terribly strange about that, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Man, nobody wants to talk about Kvatch. What is it with those guys.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Actually, I think there aren't any housecats at all, in the entire game. Dmitri really did have all of them, it seems.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I have never played Oblivion. Is that fire in the background in the game? Will shenanigans ensue?

Short answer: perhaps. I've spoilered the long answer below, although it's nothing anybody who's played the first half hour or so of Oblivion wouldn't be aware of.

Almost the first thing that happens in the game once you get out of the prison-and-sewer tutorial bit is that you're sent to Kvatch. It turns out that all these gates to Oblivion (a sort of hell-plane) have been opening up and disgorging daedra (demons) all over the place, but especially in Kvatch, which is consequently on fire with some refugees camping nearby. The fire might indicate that this has started happening - one of the Oblivion gates is right at the entrance to the city - or it might not. We'll see soon.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I don't know if you're serious, but no, that's not it at all. It's an Elder Scrolls thing.

(Katia doesn't even have the usual player character perks of, say, getting a perfect wolf pelt just by opening the dead wolf as a container, so it's probably difficult to get much further away from CHIM than she is right now.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Fucknag posted:

I still don't get why it's called CHIM.

It's meant to be more or less ancient proto-elfspeak for "being super rad". People like to type it in all capital letters because it's so holy.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I can't believe we actually have a reason to worry about slaughterfish after three games of pretty much not needing to give a poo poo.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like I missed something here. The flash starts and I'm supposed to get something for Sigrid because she asked me, but I don' remember anyone asking Katia for something?

Make Venison and Shocking Punch secondary mascots for Prequel tia

For some reason all the text was written under the assumption that you'd go left and talk to Sigrid upstairs before doing pretty much anything. She tells Katia to go fetch an avocado.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
As a human, I dearly love corn and therefore strongly approve of her guacamole recipe, at least. That buys her some leeway re: skull barrels and strange chained doors.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Someone's been secretly buying those identical Pickle Inspector avatars for a bunch of people in the Homestuck thread, for some reason.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Maple Leaf posted:

Even better: every time Katia takes a step (e: after around the seventh step, by my count), scroll back up. A new user command will appear. She even interacts with some of them.

I really like the scrolling trick this page uses, but this part doesn't seem to work on any browser except Chrome. (Tried it in Firefox 14.0.1 and Opera 12.01.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Weird, it does work now. I don't think I ever scrolled up while Katia was still moving when I was trying it earlier, but I might be wrong about that.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is obviously the king talking, jeez guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Ah, she's definitely a player character now: she's doing the thing where you just sort of join all the guilds.

• Locked thread