Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You didn't include the best of its alternate titles!

"Everything Is A Federal loving Issue And Is Also Trying To Make You Miserable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Radio Paranoia posted:

Compared to a lot of fan adventures, Prequel's art is really good too. Varying between normal, comedic and serious really effectively.

Plus, after the first few pages, you can't not feel bad about the main character. :smith:

I haven't checked on the site, but how does it present the attack of the nightmare demon king creature from hell?

Instead of hiding in the normal spoiler box, it hides in the other commands used box.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's nice to know that the creator is stubbornly refusing people's attempts to make it creepy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PlesantDilemma posted:

Also, I haven't played any Elder Scrolls games, are there a lot of fire spells for our cat hero to learn? I thought it was mostly a game about swords and exploration.

You can play a mage just as viably as you can a warrior, so there will be plenty of fire and other spells for her.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think that it is planning some overarching epic storyline. I mean, where did the nightmares come from?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm considering the fact that the webcomic creator has popped up to completely justify the making of a new thread. :allears:

In all seriousness though, great to have you here. How far have you planned ahead? I don't want details of course, just curious about how much of the storyline you have in mind, and how much you're willing to railroad if you have to.

Edit: My favourite mudcrabs are the ones that are more fearsome than me. I've never met one, but everyone says they're out there!

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 2, 2011

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samovar posted:

Holy crap, he keeps a cat in a box, but when he opens the box, it is both alive and dead! In your face, Schrödinger!

:aaa: I hadn't realised.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The animation style for that spider boss is pretty awesome. I wish I could play that, even though I'm not sure what was going on. (I had no sound, so if you were explaining that I missed it.)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The look of concentration as he tosses the book out is amazing. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:stare:

Gharugg just stopped being endearing to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seeing as you're getting a bunch of flash updates, will there be a soundtrack released anytime? I especially want the danceoff music.

Edit: If she does take part in the competition, it'd better be another dancing minigame. With different music to dance to for each round, and a differently moving goal bar.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 2, 2011

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Double post because you can't edit attachments in. :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seeing as Exelsior had music credits, I'm fairly sure the music is original.

Also, update.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What fangs? An ordinary human such
as yourself doesn’t have fangs, silly!
The very thought of such a thing is
preposterous, offensive, and utterly
unsubstantiated.

I might grab this, but if anyone else wants it it's up for grabs.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wellp, it's a good thing I decided to post it here before picking it up. Thanks for pointing that out.

And I would, Eysiume, but I don't know how to do gifs.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Update.

It can best be summarised as :supaburn:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I do rather like the fact that the x-ray only showed for things that were in Katia's field of vision.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So is the post by "Self-Loathing" a little bit by Kazerad himself, or is it someone who made an account on the MSPA forums for that purpose?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Maple Leaf posted:

As I understand it, some people really get into role-playing as Katia's subconscious and name themselves after parts of her psyche, so their commands will show up as "[Katia's] Self-Loathing".

Or maybe it's just that one guy :v: Either way, it's not Kaz.

Well that's what I meant by "someone who made an account on the MSPA forums for that purpose".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I absolutely love his freaked out running animation.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah, he raises a hand and glows before a speed boost. He can't get away though, Katia is just too fast.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I fully support discussing Stephan's hair.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

wiegieman posted:

Man, I get the joke, but... stay away from tumblr for a while, Kazerad.

Is there tumblr rage? Please share with the class.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The main character is a catgirl, and the art style is based off MSPA. Creepy fans were guaranteed from the get go.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Update. I can't help but laugh at the last image.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That made me read through that bit again and watch the animation. That was fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

quote:

Kat: Look, I know you are ghost-insane. You have my pity. But when are you going to realize this is stupid and accept that I'm worthless, and not any kind of genius or prodigy?
Aggie: Honestly? As soon as you give up.
Aggie:That will be the point where your actions led to failure rather than success.
Kat:
Aggie:But you're still here. You could have walked away at any point, but you're still doing a dumb puzzle for a mad ghost, trying to prove you can't do it, even though with each try you are only more likely to prove yourself wrong.

This was my very favourite part of the update. Second place went to "Disagreeing with a Dark Elf, colloquially known as being wrong."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it just me, or is prequeladventure.com locked behind a password now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opposing Farce posted:

Katia's been growing over the course of the comic, but I doubt she'll ever qualify as a wrecker of poo poo. But retrieving a letter might be within her grasp, and if she's really lucky she could even mild-to-moderately inconvenience Sigrid in the process. That'd be nice too, don't you think?

In the most recent update she did kind of hold out against a powerful Dark Elf ghost completely expending his magic. I think she may have taken the first step towards eventually becoming a wrecker of poo poo.

• Locked thread