Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

If they saw my face, could I still take a bow? Will they know me, NOMI, know me, now?
Toss some ponies and Portal references into this. If you're going to attempt to make the dumbest thing ever created you might as well go the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

If they saw my face, could I still take a bow? Will they know me, NOMI, know me, now?

Kazerad posted:

I do admit I try to take the worst ideas and make them work anyway. If I succeed, it means I win. I might try pony/portal crossover fanfiction next, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what you win or what your definition of winning is, but good luck with that I guess? I'm just going to laugh at you, and that will be it.

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

Tardstar posted:

Wow, what's your problem?

It's just that this comic is bankrupt of any sort of creativity or value. That's all.

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

Fishbus posted:

MSPA, Oblivion blah blah BLAH.

I'm here for the character development, that is why I am here.

Also please don't listen to the numbers. Enjoy what you do and listen to people muttering without completel interacting with them.

Going back to the epic of Gilgamesh, and thousands of years of storytelling, 147 million books and media in the Library Of Congress, you are looking for character development in a shamefully derivative "comic" drawn in MS Paint. Congratulations.

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

clockworkjoe posted:

ahahahaha this is adorable

also - why is considering the audience and trying to get as large of an audience considered a bad thing? I guarantee your favorite professional writers and artists strategize about getting audiences too.

"Hey, this is popular, so I should try to do something like that" is hardly unique to webcomics. Hell, you can't knock Prequel for it without knocking Oblivion for ripping off D&D and Tolkien etc.

As much as I'd like to talk about the lack of originality in fantasy it's really got nothing to do with what we're talking about here. Just because other people are unoriginal it doesn't excuse that this isn't a pathetic fan-fiction that is trying to gain an audience and display ads for the authors benefit.

EvilKosh fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 3, 2011

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

Phylodox posted:

Can we please just quit responding to this guy? He's obviously got no intention of having any kind of intelligent discussion in regards to this, he just wants to come in here and lord it over us how much more cultured and well-read he is. If we stop responding to him he'll get bored and go bother people in TVIV about how they're all losers for watching stuff on TV while he's out living in the real world, ma-a-a-a-an.

Is this directed at me? Or is it directed at the author of this comic who compares himself to Hemingway?

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

idonotlikepeas posted:

...Kazerad wins the classiness game with a three-pointer.

I don't think playing Internet detective is particularly classy. I'm a little creeped out.

I'll be going now. Please don't find my address, because I am sorry. I apologize. I love Prequel. I have no problem with it.

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

nukethewhales posted:

This is hilarious. Either you actually did a Deviant Art commission drive, and are apparently ashamed of this fact, or you're just trolling. I'm going to guess the latter, as if you were as creative and such as you seem to think you are, you'd not be afraid of said Deviant Art page being shared on the Something Awful Internet Forums.

I just want to know why someone says something bad about their comic in an Internet thread and they go and start googling people. My DA account isn't THAT hard to find, but the fact that Kaderaz went out of their way to track me down is really kind of weird.

As far as my commission drive, it went very well, I'm working on some cool art for people, and I was able to make enough money to pay some bills and buy the medication I desperately need. If you're going to begrudge me for that I don't know what to say. Again, I don't know what it has to do with Prequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilKosh
Oct 23, 2000

Kazerad posted:

I try to always take criticism into account, but it helps to weight the criticism based on its source. That is to say, when someone is really hating on your stuff it helps to identify whether they are a trained professional or, like, a twelve year old with incredibly important opinions. When I discovered you did a lot of great fanwork yourself and were raising money by drawing other people's characters, some of your earlier criticisms about me trying to capitalize off the work of others admittedly sounded a little jealous in retrospect. So I figured I'd offer you some of my dudes, just in case you needed them. Apologies for the detectiving, no malice was intended.

The thing is, my Deviant Art is a personal thing I did for fun. When I do commissions I've done posters for peoples webcomics, or people's pen and paper RPG characters. The only time I've worked on other peoples properties for money has been when I was hired by companies that held the licenses of the products I was working on.

Anyway please stop talking about my personal poo poo. It's not relevant. This thread is about your comic.

• Locked thread