Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I dunno man then you go down the road of bashing on the alcoholic that's legitimately trying to change and I don't know. Chemical dependencies are a hell of a thing.

That just doesn't seem classy.

Yeah. I'm fine with never seeing what she does while drunk. I took the black-out-fade-in to show her losing complete control of herself. Could have a bit of it shown from the POV of Quill-Weave, but I'm fine with most of it being done off-screen so the audience can fill in the horrible details in their own mind. Such as what the 'pineapple and yo-yo trick' is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Is it just me, or has everything EvilKosh said in this thread boiled down to "STOP HAVING FUN!"?

Anyway, I'm debating being the trendsetter to get the first Prequel avatar, but I'm torn on what to use as Katia makes so many amusing/adorable faces that would work.

Also, next update needs to hurry up! I want to see her fight/run from/get mauled by mud crabs.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

I don't know what's more surprising, seeing the necromancer return, or the acknowledgment that what he did was not morally sound by any regard, even though it wasn't really rape. Either way, bravo, I want to see more. :golfclap:

And yes, I'd like to know where you take suggestions for commands from as well, I'm kind of interested in joining in on it now, especially if it doesn't mean having to brave the MSPA forums.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Rasamune posted:

I was wondering where my can opener went. Those poor worms are gonna suffocate in there.

Haledjian posted:

Yeah, I think I was getting an ulcer not replying to that. This thread doesn't deserve it though.

Yeah, let me qualify that thing about rape because that was a really stupid loving way of phrasing it on my part: Dmitri took advantage of her in her state of inebriation, which is date rape. But he did not forcibly sexually assault her. Acknowledging that date rape is wrong is so seldom seen it's surprising it's actually brought up here. I was trying to avoid actually using "rape" because it tends to be a very strong word and I thought just doing so might open a can of worms, but, hey, I used it anyway because I'm an idiot. Sorry for laying the grounds for that huge derail.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 8, 2011

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

And now I debate getting a Landorumil Memorial Avatar.

It also occurs to me that Gharug gro-Upp is basically an Oblivion PC as played by your average RPG player (that is, a murderous pick-pocket).

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was a bit curious, so I did some looking. The first GG comic is dated 11/04/2002. The most recent is 9/23/2011. So a total of roughly 465 weeks. I'm going to be generous and say that the "Castle Plot" starts when Agatha enters the castle (although theoretically you could include some of the Mechanicsburg stuff as well). That happened on 12/21/2007 (well, that's when she changed clothes to go in, which is close enough), roughly two hundred weeks before the current strip. That means that the Castle Plot is now more than FORTY PERCENT OF THE ENTIRE STORY. No wonder people think it's dragging.

You know. I honestly thought the entirety of Girl Genius was meant to take place in the castle. 2007 was probably around when it was first mentioned to me. I never looked into the archives because I was turned off by the art style, but I had a friend that kept linking me to strips from then on. And every time I'd look at it, see them in the castle somewhere, and then not read anymore.

e: Also, I like that more panels of the more detailed Kat (as opposed to the bobblehead style) are being used. She's adorable in them.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 25, 2011

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Call Now posted:

Thanks for maintaining a great fanbase, Kaz

See the Hussie-Brony Theorum: As a fanbase grows, n approaches 1 where 'n' is the probability of there being a creepy fans.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Take the help, Katia! He's saving you wandering around browsing pockets until you find the key!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

All I can see is Kazerad playing DM and making it as easy as possible for the players to get on with the quest, outright telling them what to do and pointing them towards all the resources they need to get it done, but still trying to keep the illusion of challenge so it's up to the players to actually grab the key and find the hidden entrance and plan the escape and so on.

The thing is, though, when you're DM'ing and you've reached that point of eliminating as much challenge as possible in the vain hope they'll succeed, then they'll still find a way to gently caress it up.

What I'm saying is Kazerad needs to find another D&D group cause the players he's with now are hopeless.

...Why would you run a P&P game that implements limitations of video games into it? Why would you put quests in that the players take and carry out when that's a convention of video games to organize parts of the story? Why would you have specific resources the players have to find, figure out, and use to progress the quest like the Elder Scrolls does rather than letting players solve problems their own way while you point them in the direction of what might work? Why would you require them to pixel bitch for a hidden entrance like an adventure game?

I mean, video game conventions in P&P games is like trying to do sight gags from movies in a novel; it doesn't work well and makes no sense because it's a different medium you're working with. I know some games encourage that, but it only works if they're tabletop strategy games instead of P&P story games.

I don't see the DM as trying to lead players to success. I don't see players trying to achieve a success without concession. The characters want success without trouble; the players are interested in the string of failures, compromises, and victories that gets the characters somewhere, even if it's not where they intended to be originally.

Which is why in the conceit of Prequel being a P&P game, Kazerade doesn't need a new group. The game is running just fine and is focused on what the characters (mostly character) are doing and what their stories are instead of some impersonal quest that was only interesting to the writer that put it into the game in the first place.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

IronSaber posted:

I'm more concerned that the artist in question has a lot of art centered on My Little Pony in his/her dA account.

Really? I find it impossible to give less of a poo poo about that fact.

• Locked thread