Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, I just spend the last 3 days reading the whole comic and then this thread. I had quite a lot of fun with it.
Reading a four year old thread is kind of interesting, since some of the early posters are long permabanned by now. But I kind of like how open and rational Kazerad seems to act. And that little cooking story was gross but quite entertaining. And the statistical datamining really intrigued me.
While the thread was downright unreadable on some pages, I really had a great time.

See you all in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Cool to see that this still exists. I finished going through the archive right around the point of the previous update. But I guess that is a big set of updates. To bad the story flash doesn't exist yet. It feels like this comic is preparing for that heist for years now, even though that woman duped Katia only one night ago.

I don't know how likely getting those 40k in the campaign is. Right now it seems to be around 8k, so it's already 20% done after roughly one day, so that looks quite great. But I'd imagine that the majority of the people who are willing to support that campaign are also really loyal fans, who heard about it on the first day. So obviously the funds wont just grow linearly. On the other hand, these 8k come from a realitvely small set of around 100 people, so there is plenty space upwards.

Then again, indiegogo has flexible funding, so the 40k hurdle is virtually meaningless. I like your strechgoals though. Good luck with that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 1, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm starting to think he isn't really interested in that project anymore. It's just such a terrible point in the story for a year long hiatus. Pretty much anything that happened since the arrival in that town has been leading up to this, but now it fall kinda flat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
But the main page says "Update is getting there!". That can't be a lie.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jackard posted:

I think Kill Six Billion Demons manages to do so..?

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's regular about its updates, but K6BD doesn't have a backlog.

It's been a while since I've read that. What exactly is influenced by the readers?
Talking about comics with actual updates ITT.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 1, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Sadly, no matter how intricate and amazing that update may be, the lead up time will make it underwhelming. Unless you do something truly spectacular, like proving P=NP as a nonchalant side note, it will feel bland at best.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
We've reached a point with zero updates. If this acceleration holds up, existing pages will disappear soon, until the comic vanishes in it's entirety.

• Locked thread