Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Varinn posted:

Maybe people find that more interesting than "hey those are some mudcrabs alright!" and that's why they post about it!

Also nothing is stopping mudcrab-chat. whats your favorite kind of mudcrab?

Honestly, those very mudcrabs near Anvil are my favorites. Spent a lot of time powerskilling off those guys. The legionnaire has good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Funkz posted:

Wait is that for real?

Yep, that actually happens in the game, on a schedule. Some of the NPCs have pretty intricate procedures, though Quill-Weave's travel plans are more intricate than most.

And I don't remember if it was actually intended by the designers to mean she is lesbian, but the whole "using the same bed" thing ended up making it a thing in the Oblivion community, which resulted in it becoming a thing in Prequel.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shavnir posted:

Man, is it really appropriate to send a scroll of summon skeleton to say "Sorry I had a three way with you and a skeleton"?

Almost seems like a really strange self-confidence issue. "You kind of seemed more into the skeleton than me, so here's the skeleton's phone number!"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kazerad posted:

And partially inspired by Dominic Deegan. I have just made all you guys like a character who raped the protagonist. Sometimes I do things just because bad authors tried them and failed. Time to update my achievements.

Son of a bitch.

He should send the wand, by the way. A gift basket would make him seem kind of fruity, a ring would be extra awkward, and an Amulet of Spell Reflection would be counter-productive for somebody with Katia's sign. Not that he knows that. Which probably means he'll be sending the amulet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

idonotlikepeas posted:

Don't grieve for Dmitri. The hero of Oblivion would have killed him eventually.

Gro-Upp IS the hero of Oblivion. He's a genre-savvy sociopath who has nearly everyhing conveniently worked out for him in advance and a built-in reason for being tossed into prison in the near future. It is little wonder that Katia is powerless to inconvenience him, let alone stop him.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A good poster posted:

If Dmitri gets necromance'd back to life, he'll just wind up a zombie like Mr. Scruffles.

Then Katia will have a drunken fling with Zombie Dmitri and it'll be double awkward.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Coach Sport posted:

Basically, the bethesda writer that wrote Vivec's 36 sermons for morrowind put in a bunch of new-agey metaphysical stuff and broke/referenced the 4th wall pretty frequently, by explaining mechanics like pausing the game to drink potions or restructuring the world with the construction set as powers granted by Vivec's version of enlightenment, which is called CHIM for some reason. I'd call CHIM an easter-egg or sly reference at most since Vivec doesn't really act like he's videogame omnipotent, and actually obtained his divine powers alongside two other unenlightened dickheads by loving around with a dead god's heart. All of the 4th wall breaking stuff is hidden in row after row of crazy nonsense Vivec poetry about things like marrying the King of Rape, so I don't think you're really supposed to take it as the driving canon behind the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Isn't the King of Rape supposed to be Molag Bal? And yeah, I never really connected Vivec with "knows he's in a video game" while I was actually playing Morrowind. The whole CHIM thing is basically a really obscure inside joke that nobody would ever get unless they actually read a crazy amount of in-game books or have it pointed out to them by somebody who did.

A self-aware NPC might make for an interesting video game character (especially if they actually did have construction set powers), but I don't think it'd work nearly as well in practice as a similar character in prose.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

For a long time now, I've felt that despair was an under-explored emotional theme in fiction. When it is handled correctly, it makes that glimmer of hope at the end the tunnel so much more compelling. But man, this is getting pretty bleak. :smith:

I'm expecting that, once Katia finally discovers how to fight back against the cycle of self defeat, the resolution is going to be very satisfying as she punches that cycle right in its metaphorical face. But I have no idea how she's going to get there from here, which has left me hooked on reading this thing even more.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

God drat. I'm with Dolash here, this update is distressingly relatable. Katia needs an intervention.

Given how the comic is based (ostensibly) around reader input, I'd be fascinated to see how Kaz would handle having an NPC step in and directly take some options off the table for the sake of making the protagonist's life not suck.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Katia did a thing! And it wasn't even a self-destructive thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This is the best sort of scripting witchcraft, and this will probably become my go-to page to link to people who aren't already reading Prequel.

That just means you're going to have to consistently meet or beat this level of quality moving forward by the way, Kaz.

• Locked thread