Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

For what it's worth, someone crossposting this comic because of the grossness led me to discover it and find out it is kind of cute when it's not being depressing. I wouldn't want to sit there and follow it obsessively but it made a good binge read. So the evil did me some good at least.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jackard posted:

Dude updates about once a month and somehow gets 5k for it. https://www.patreon.com/dresdencodak
I thought surely you must be exaggerating, so I opened up a comic reader app on my tablet. 110 pages total.... in ten years :ohdear:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I guess I lost, it told me how long I took and would only let me start over.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If you don't expect them to take all the worst suggestions first by now, you haven't been reading very carefully.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Going to be so disappointed if Rajirra takes any or all of the reward, can't she have a untainted win already?
Again, you must not have been reading...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JT Jag posted:

Reminder that the best possible ending of this comic is Katia landing in Imperial prison.

Things... aren't going to go that great for her.
Is that even really possible? Sigrid seems to have the whole overpowered player character thing locked up tight, the best Katia can hope for is a low tier NPC.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cheetah7071 posted:

Sigrid is an actual NPC in oblivion. She's a random NPC in the Kvatch refugee camp.
Well I'll be damned, I thought anyone that hosed up had to be a player insert. CHIM position still open for takers then.

Though to be fair looking at her UESP page I'm not surprised I forgot she existed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Absum posted:

This update was weird to me because I hadn't realized Rajirra had stolen the rope. I assumed Katia gave it to her when Rajirra went to scout and used a rope and using the rope for that was specifically mentioned.
I wasn't paying close attention, but I figured maybe she'd leave it attached as an escape route. Can never have too many ways out of a room, as has become evident

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JT Jag posted:

The last two posts made me lose an hour of my life to the Elder Scrolls wiki, initially so I could find out what CHIM was but, you know... wikis. Can't just read one article.
Even then they mostly just blather along uselessly to avoid saying "yeah we made a lore reason for you, the player, to be unfairly awesome"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That reward is going to be big trouble, for sure. So obviously they're going to take it. And probably still not get their robes drycleaned.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I am absolutely sold on those t-shirts. I don't often care for merch that much, but that Katia shirt is just the right kind of stylised that I want it right now this second, and that's a rarity for me. So I guess later in the month I'll be putting down some cash for that one.
They're just baiting me with those playing cards and tote bag that I have to buy all the other stuff I can't afford to get...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The real April Fool's joke is bumping this thread when there is no new comic :argh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Squeegy posted:

Bad news, I found it

This is like a year or two old, so
To be fair, cut off the first year of that graph and you have a more or less flat, albeit sparse schedule

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I think the last Ziggy fans are quite close to death by now, so don't fear

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

In all seriousness, maybe Kaz needs to step away from Katia a bit and do more
well they certainly can't do less

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jackard posted:

I keep forgetting this exists and then the thread updates.
Yeah, I had just gotten finished being disappointed by like four different video games, put this out of mind entirely, and suddenly it appears in my bookmarks again

also fwiw i don't care for the multimedia updates cause they don't load on my tablet comic reader :effort:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Remora posted:

I would really prefer dropping all the multimedia stuff and just going with text and pictures/gifs from here on out, *especially* if that is what's causing the delays between updates.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

stop bumping this thread and let the dead comic rest in peace

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Libluini posted:

If there is a Skyrim remake/port coming for the Nintendo Switch like the rumours say, I now know which character I will make for it. So even if the webcomic about Katia is dead, Katia herself will live.
To really recreate the experience, you have to play on PS4 where the mods are abandoned due to bullshit

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oh hi Kazerad

see ya next year

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So Kazerad, "when" you finally update again, are you going to build up a backlog first like every competent webcomic artist ever so that you can update regularly for the first time in literal years, or am I putting way too much faith in you?
Uh no, they're going to take another year to make another five minute flash game, duh

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motherfucker posted:

I love this dead dumb comic

Why did you bump this thread, Motherfucker?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motherfucker posted:

Was still on the first page when I got @ it.
Ouch, condolences on the dead subforum

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kazerad should do an abrupt about face and just turn the strip into entirely rough sketches, and make up the audience input so they don't even have to wait for that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

woodenchicken posted:

What's with the ever-increasing scale of updates, is your next one gonna be a broadway musical?
The next update is The Elder Scrolls 6.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Who What Now posted:

There is no next update, fools.
:thejoke:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motherfucker posted:

Trick is though would any of you personally give two shits if the comic was bad? See the trick is what little we have is ludicrously good and it makes the waiting and loving around a lot more agonizing since a lot of these massive set piece things we're presented are pretty much over trivial things storywise and it leaves readers sitting there going 'god drat imagine if this plot had arrived at a point before blowing this load'
Yeah basically, I enjoyed what I read, or I wouldn't care. And every time I hit an interactive bit I basically skipped it and that was fine with me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's funny because every single member of your audience here seems to be saying "we'd prefer you didn't experiment like that" and I'm sure plenty of disgruntled former readers would say they gave up on the comic because of the incredibly lengthy delays it has repeatedly caused.

Also common sense could easily have taught you several of these lessons. You didn't really need to try them.
Well they said "sustainable", which could mean any amount of return including zero if they consider the cost of the site and domain to be worth the benefit of experimenting

If that's all they want out of it then we're barking up the wrong tree by giving a poo poo, but I think we already knew that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If only they had managed to hit 100k, he would have actually had to draw something on a daily basis

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

kazerad has a history of loving cats, so it sort of rubs off on the audience
Your search - kazerad has a history of loving cats - did not match any documents.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

wouldn't hang around this thread with a username like that buddy!!

I am also hiding my jackets :ohdear:

• Locked thread