Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Right now Ricardo Clark is repeatedly dialing Moviefone just to make sure his phone works.

"You have selected: Brown Eyed Girl."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ahhhhhhhhhh he called up Clark! hilarious

E: I've always loved Beckerman, yay

wicka fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 5, 2011

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Was Taters posted:

According to @soccerinsider: Nothing to worry about on Timmy Chandler: In exchange for missing Mex friendly, he committed to both Sept friendlies.

In exchange for missing both September friendlies...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hoover Dam posted:

Per @ussoccer, we're wearing red tonight, with starters 1-11, which is nice and cute and traditional and all except

I get that tradition, but I hate it; I like that we just about always put names on the back, because that way you can tell who's doing what without a program.

quote:

When then lineups are posted later this evening, fans will notice a distinct pattern to the jersey numbers. Going back to an historical tradition, Jurgen Klinsmann will assign the numbers 1-11 to the starters each game, and 12-18 for the reserves.

Numbers will be only thing printed on the jersey, which means no names on the back. One of the main goals is to make sure that everyone is focused on the most important thing on the uniform - the crest representing the United States.

Silly US Soccer, don't draw attention to it!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We have one thousand options in central midfield, hilarious.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It would be insane to take the captaincy away from Boca.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone have video of Jozy's goals?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rats off to ya posted:

This is amazing.

The Dutch have a keen sense for irony. Or maybe not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

wait

This isn't even a LIVE US Open match.

:negative:

Preempted for a rerun.

edit: I guess they just are preempting the pregame show?

It is live.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

invalid posted:

I suppose this stings less than the Little League World Series?

ESPN always sticks with whatever event they're showing first.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

invalid posted:

We are looking really good right now.

Brek Shea owns so much.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Navas is a piece of poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

These referees are absolutely horrendous.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brandy Alexander posted:

Does anybody know what his salary with the USMNTOEJFKEPW was?

$400,000/yr

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brandy Alexander posted:

That's not a lot. I wonder how much money he will ask for to come live in Mexico.

Hopefully a lot, this is the stadium where a gunfight erupted outside.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

calcio posted:

Poor Bob, how far he has fallen.

ahahahahahaha your title is fantastic

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Swamp Rapist posted:

where they pushing the belgium game to on tuesday considering espn will run the nascar race. u or 2 so i can know what to record

It's probably going to keep raining in Atlanta so that might not be a problem.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The SARS Volta posted:

That's... actually a pretty good lineup, given the players available. You could make an argument for Beckerman over Edu, but :geno:

I think we'll see a lot of changes at half time, especially since Torres and Shea have played so drat much recently. I'd be surprised if Beckerman got much less than 45 minutes of play.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

KabukiJoe posted:

Goin' Fast Turnin' Left is rain delayed. Again. Will they stick with circle racing and not go to the friendly on ESPN?

They are on lap 212 of 325 and the drivers are getting back in their cars. What time does the friendly start?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why isn't Bocanegra wearing #3?

E: Or Dolo wearing 6? The 1-11 thing was cool when they let players keep their normal numbers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suqit posted:

It feels nice having a semblance of confidence in your back 4.

It's nice to have a manager who doesn't hate Torres for no reason.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suqit posted:

I'm not sold on Torres yet.

Are you ready to permanently write him off?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mertens is good but I cannot take him seriously, he's even smaller than Torres.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jozy couldn't settle a brick without it bouncing five yards away.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOM posted:

Do I have red, white and blue tint glasses on, or are the Belgium dudes going down fairly easily?

No it's been pretty much everyone.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suqit posted:

Not a terrible half for us. Shea is quality. Rodgers had a pretty poor half on both sides of the ball. Dempsey didn't do much other than the ball of Mignolet's face. Jozy was bad. Shocking. Torres seemed hit and miss.

The back four seemed pretty solid to me.

Jozy was just god awful. Is Agudelo on the bench?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Agudelo on for Jozy, yay. Surprised not to see Beckerman though.

oops, I'm an idiot

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What the gently caress, Timmy?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WayAbvPar posted:

I am so loving sick of that. Not that it will do any good, but I would email them and CC: any of their major sponsors to let them know you won't patronize any of them until they knock this poo poo off. Fight the power! :black101:

lol, are you loving serious? Yeah, gently caress ESPN for not changing the channel of an event that is currently airing. How dare they?!?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rats off to ya posted:

Just put it on ESPN2 in the first place. Their inability to foresee the possibility of LLWS and NASCAR running long is hilarious. And seriously, gently caress LLWS and NASCAR...

The NASCAR race wasn't scheduled for today, jesus.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rats off to ya posted:

I was probably a little too harsh on NASCAR there, but don't those races typically have multiple delays per race? Shame on ESPN for doing this twice in a row...

:ughh:

1. No. 2. It was rained out for three days because of a tropical storm. Sorry ESPN's meteorology department isn't good enough for you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suqit posted:

Why would Altidore be out of shape?

He's always out of shape. They had to take him off at the half because he was gassed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Do I need a Gold Membership?

Yes. I think the 360 and Netflix apps are more than worth it though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hoover Dam posted:

Where's Waldo? Here.

Love it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Jozy scored, haven't seen the goal

He either 1. headed in a ball because no one marked him or 2. latched on to a through ball because everyone fell down.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

80085 posted:

Turners winning goal: http://youtu.be/iCZlThGTLqw

Really nice.

Edit: The first goal was even better http://youtu.be/l7tkN0yNy7E

Edit2: What the gently caress the 3rd goal was sick as well. These kids are awesome http://youtu.be/1q7qF4m1Ppo

LOOSE BALL

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yes. Then he did it again and again.

Let's clarify though: Fulham won two penalties. And Clint took neither of them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This seems like a reasonable place to ask in regard to our national team: Why do the Olympics put age restrictions on the men's team? I don't think they have it for the women's team, or most sports in general.

The Olympics wants to be the most prestigious event in every sport. The World Cup will always overshadow the Olympics so they just turn into a silly U-23 tournament instead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Worlds are colliding so loving hard right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

msj817 posted:

I love how they photoshop her to look like an early VGA trailer for a game, but leave Al Michaels as a rotting corpse.

She really does not look all that much like herself in that picture.

• Locked thread