Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Holy poo poo I didn't realize how good Klinsmann was as a player. Averaged better than a goal every two games, that's amazing for a career at the top level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I'm extremely happy to see Hamid, Beckerman, and Shea on that list. Looks like he's been paying attention to the MLS!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Octoduck posted:

Beasley, Beckerman and Buddle are pretty old. I like Buddle though, so whatever.

Beckerman is probably too old to have a chance in hell at 2014, but he's been one of the best holding mids in the MLS for years. I never understood why he was never given a shot over someone like loving Clark.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Akileese posted:

Beckerman will only be 32 come 2014 so he definitely has a shot. He's only a year younger than Clark.

poo poo I thought he was like 32 now. I stand corrected.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Boca's Influence stat is only 16 though I don't get it.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Popero posted:

I also missed it because of ESPN programming decisions, and I'm most pissed about the fact that even after the race ended, it went to Sportscenter instead of the rest of the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much, but ESPN can still gently caress off.

Do you not get ESPN2 or 3? I thought everyone did with ESPN.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 7, 2011

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

gently caress yessss more Buddle all the time.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

And back to lol at Jozy.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I think everyone on the team played well except for Goodson and Chandler in the back for a couple of boneheaded moments. Chandler looks great going forward. Shea looked pretty lost out there when he wasn't purely on the wing though.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

That first US U17 goal was sick.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Is there a website that keeps track of US players abroad? Something like this: http://www.japaneseballplayers.com/en/ .... but for Americans and soccer?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Plus the Olympics likes to pretend they only allow amateur athletes, so it SORT OF makes sense to only use younger people... right?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hell yeah, way to go. Bradley the clear MOTM with the offside flag as a close second. What an awesome game.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Is the USA game on TV or streaming anywhere?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I still don't know if I love or hate Brek's hair.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

God damnit Hamid. Don't get injured.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Oh come the hell on.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Holy loving poo poo what the gently caress is going on

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

What the poo poo was Hamid doing there, he looks awful. He's gotta be hurt.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Nobody on the US team can even pass the loving ball. Everything looks slow and with poor touch.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

This is idiotic to play Kitchen at center d. He learned defensive midfield all offseason, and primarily played right back all last year. I don't get it. He's bad there.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Directorman posted:

Every player is bad everywhere. This is a horror show

touche. Adu is the only bright spot, and that's only about once every 10 minutes.

edit OH poo poo that was nice! COME ON

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I like the guy dressed as Lincoln in the crowd.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hah, if this were football manager, eveyone's vision stat would be 1 except Adu. His would be a 3.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

HAHA holy poo poo how is this happening!!!! Yesssssss

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hello Towel posted:

E: Has Johnson been in goal all game?

No, Hamid had an "injury" at about minute 30, allowed 2 goals where he was slow to jump and move, got pulled.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

poo poo that was close, and what the hell.... Johnson makes the save and THREE Salvadorans are waiting on the rebound?!? COME ON DEFENSE UGH

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Schwarbage posted:

what a bullshit yellow

this ref is poo poo. and the salvadorans are flopping now.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Holy poo poo Boyd

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

that fucker just punched him and the ref was looking that direction, what the gently caress. and why isnt the us going off on the ref

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

alright, gently caress these refs.

oh and how about A GOD drat SUB

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

of course it happens over 4 minutes, of course.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

That was the worst god drat game I've seen an American team play in ages. gently caress the keeping, gently caress the ref, dear lord that was miserable. :(

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I wanna see Boyd go cold-clock that gently caress that sucker punched him.

My god what a loving easy save Johnson, just move your feet and get in front, ugh.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Frank Starman posted:

I only got to see the second half, but how in the hell does a team give up three goals to what was an absolutely dreadful El Salvador side?

Because Hamid & Johnson != Howard & Friedel

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

The SARS Volta posted:

Can't wait to hear pundits blame his lackluster WCQ performances on fatigue resulting from league play (like people did with Dempsey in 2009)

But we'll all be fooled, because Jozy is still poo poo (although I hope I'm wrong).

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Nah, we'll probably call up more Germans who still haven't even debuted for their club teams yet.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Why isnt Whitbread getting a call? He seems to be quite solid when i have caught a Norwich game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Just kidding then. I havent watched Norwich in months

• Locked thread