Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I see a distinct lack of Bornstein and Klijsten, so consider me pleased.

I think some of the European based guys got a pass as favors to their clubs / give them a chance to settle (Jozy at a new one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

Looks like he's been paying attention to the MLS!

I remain skeptical of Klinsy from a tactical standpoint, but it's very apparent he's familiar with the US Soccer landscape. Major plus there.

Love the call-ups as a whole. Meaningless game, so take a flyer on a bunch of guys and see what's what.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

msj817 posted:

What is our future GK pecking order after Timmy? Guzan/Cervi/Hamid?

Tally Hall, all day errrry day.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Suqit posted:

I honestly believe that Bornstein had a better Gold Cup than Klejijjjstan.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Jozy is going to score 20+ goals this season

Convinced the Dutch league is the perfect place for him at this point in his development. Hopefully he gets regular game time with AZ.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Can we never play Torres on the wing again, please? He's so much more comfortable and effective in the center. Not sure he displaces Holden when he gets back, but he looks a nice option off the bench.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Altidore alone up top is kinda depressing most of the time though :/

He needs a second striker or someone farther forward. The lone man game just doesn't suit him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Pretty decent showing so far. Bradley needs to push farther forward, we're moving the ball pretty well on the flanks but there is nothing in the middle.

I'd like to see Cameron get a second half run-out. And did Williams do anything that half?

Capt Murphy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 29, 2012

• Locked thread