Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Persona fighting game is the game I never knew I always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I hope they stop taking any game they make seriously. I get way more enjoyment out of the silliness that was Dote Up a Robot, Anime Scooby Doo, and Push Blocks, Get Bitches than the SMT style games. I know that makes me an outlier but whatever. :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I wish they would take out the annoying dungeon crawling parts of the Persona games and just leave me with my anime dating game already.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Without negotiation we would never have MARK DANCED CRAZY!, though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

There's a customization option for whether or not the characters will wear their glasses when fighting. Hahaha.

I hope there are several glasses to choose from, just for the possibility of the moustache + nose glasses.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
There are too many dialogue choices in DS2, I am sure a lot of them don't do anything at all but I can't help feeling like I am choosing the wrong thing literally all the time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Wow end of 3rd day is kinda bullshit. 2 fights back to back, and a lovely gimmick on the second one, too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Does anyone have any tips for Day 7 Yamato Path in the fight against Benedsnatch? I under stand the gimmicks and the like but gently caress, it seems like it would require a very specific set of demons to tackle and I really don't have the drive to go looking through everything hoping to find a useful combination. I know I need a Null Ice/Fire for the first form and I think a Null Force/Phys for the second one and that the demons with those resistances cannot be using physical attacks and need to be magic based.

I was really liking the game up until this fight but there is just so much poo poo going on it it just throws it at you and it just seems to punish you for not having a specific setup in advance.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cityinthesea posted:

I'm on Ronaldo's Path and is it the same thing where you have to guard trumpeter and he splits off into 4? I just kept two people down on the bottom until benedsnatch would send the 4 things down. Once those were done I just sent everyone up and used MC to get him down enough where he would split, and then I found it pretty easy to kill all of them. Also, I just kept anti-most and reflect physical on the main character and give him the auto revive skill, which is useful for those situations specifically.

Once he splits into 4, does he still have the Human Skill Immunity? My MC is physical so I don't have the Passives to drop for the immunities, but if the 4 mini ones still have that skill then I don't need to worry about dropping them

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Haha welp I just loaded my Suspend save that I turned off after they split and Fumi got 1 Rounded and said "gently caress it".

I basically suicided Io into one of them, my MC killed the Phys Weak one in a single hit, then Otome (who had Absorb Phys and Anti-Most) just tanked the last two as I revived her demons with Samerecarm.

Every single fight that is difficult in this game I end up accidentally beating, I don't get it. It like it is almost better to throw strategy out the window and just brute force the fights while screaming at your DS. It seems that every fight either ends with me or the enemy getting reduced to a stain on the ground within a single round. Its like two retards running at each other knives. You don't know how it'll end, but you know it'll be fast and it'll be messy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Assassinate is the most wonderful skill on a Physical MC. If you don't feel like completely wiping a group, just have your two demons guard and assassinate the team leader (as long as he doesn't have endure and the other two demons with him don't have any of the ____ Soul abilities). I'm consistently critting for around 1000-1300 on day 7 with it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
For Devil Survivor 2, is there a proper way to go into the Third Phase for the last boss fight? Every time I do the next turn is basically the left side thing attacking one of my groups and completely annihilating one of my teams

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Double Up is inferior to that because the Fiend skill allows you to also *move* again and it is not always active, so you don't need to take the Turn hit when you don't need it. If you stick a Divine on a team with a Fiend, for Blood Wine (with your leader having a heal) you can pretty much take 2 turns whenever it its needed and have no MP worries

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

RickDaedalus posted:

I got DS2 in the mail a day ago but, I haven't touched it since I want to get the Gin ending and save everyone in DS1 (I already beat it but, took the Amane path). While I was replaying it, I completely forgot that the AI often does suicide charges (guess how I remembered that). For those that have played/are playing DS2, does this still happen?

The only time it happens is on maps where you don't need to save people and it doesn't matter if the suiciding units die. It is annoying in some regards, because sometimes the unit that suicides has a skill you want to crack on it and then you can't get it!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
So after a loss against the final phase of the last boss in DS2, I decided to say "gently caress you" to it and now every single one of my demons has Reflect Physical on it. That was expensive to do.

Unfortunately I am dumb and I don't have any movement increasing demons so hopefully this all works out anyways and I can survive that first Map Attack blast.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone tell me what exactly I get for a New Game+ in Devil Survivor 2?

There is a list of goals called Titles that you get points for after clearing a game. You get points for beating the game, getting different endings, maxing Fate with companions and also harder goals like never using Free Battles or having no unit leaders die. Points are cumulative between playthroughs. You can select various bonuses like keeping all Cracked Skills, transferring over demons, removing the EXP scaling, removing the fusing limit, and Compendium discounts, plus some optional bosses that will show up if you use your points on them.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

TurnipFritter posted:

Are the bonuses cumulative? Like if I remove fusion limits after my first playthrough, will it be like for every subsequent playthrough from then on, or will I have to buy it again?

You will have to buy it again but your points will be refunded.

Let's say you unlock in your first game:

Beat it First Time: 60 Pts
Got an Ending: 40 Pts

And you bought things totally 100 points.

Then you beat it again and have:

Beat it First Time: 60 Pts
Got an Ending: 40 Pts
Got a Different Ending: 40 Pts

You now can spend 140 points on your next playthough, but you need to repurchase things

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Momomo posted:

Hey guys, guess what's come back to bite me in the rear end? :bang: Did anyone actually manage to kill this guy?

If you can't just wipe him with a Dance team (Io or Joe), then kill his demons and drain away his MP. He will spam Shield-All so he will only have a few rounds in him. Same him for close to the end, break the cell phones first. If you have Evil Wave or Chaos Wave you can fight him from range and he won't use Shield-All. Try to have a team that isn't weak to Electric, resist it if possible.

Also I don't think he resists Ice, so if you have a choice use Ice Dance and hope for a freeze

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I went for Yamato because while he is a jerk, his plan made sense and I kind of liked his take on it, since he is establishing a system that doesn't really benefit himself, and in essence would actually works against him in some ways.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

So how do I fight this botis guy on day 3.

I know I'm supposed to go for the girl but he's rather powerful and kind of in the way.

I actually did manage to whittle him to almost no health but had no MP left to finish the job, then he killed a demon and diarama'D himself and I just gave up.

Evil Wave works well on him since he won't be able to set up Shield-All. Otherwise throw teams with Dances on them. I believe he can be frozen so Ice Dance might be a good bet there. His first turn is almost always Shield-All which will drain his MP decently enough. Save him for towards the end, after you elminated the miasma to have an easier time of it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
The biggest threats are always bosses, which are single targets so dances work great on them. Everything else that isn't a boss, just Assassinate.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

"I am Ronaldo Kukiri and I will show your sins"

*one shots my overleveled MC like it was nothing*

And that is how I found out that DS carts bounce extremely well when thrown to the floor.

gently caress this game, this poo poo keeps happening again and again regardless of my skill set or preparation, I'd rather face a thousand Beldrs than this crap.

Kukiri isn't even the hard part of that fight honestly. The way I beat him was put a Kishin in my main character's team, ignored everything else, and ran my MC up to him ASAP then killed him in two rounds. It is a lot less about leveling and just picking skills/demon racials 100% suited to the task at hand

Heavy neutrino posted:

. . . and it's not until day 7 that the game resumes throwing hard fights at you.

When I saw the Day 7 Boss's gimmick I just suspended my save and said "gently caress it I'm going to bed." When I came back to the game, and actually attempted that portion of the fight I killed him no issue. A lot of the fights in the game are a lot tougher than they look. I honestly feel the Kukiri fight and the immediate follow up to that and the last boss are the two "bullshit" fights in the game

MotU fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 10, 2012

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
6th "Ending" is an extra couple scenes if you get everyone's Fate up to 4 on the Akashic Records Daichi Path.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Radish posted:

Is there some trick to beating the last boss on the Anguished One's path? It seems absurd. Once you get to the third stage, the left side arm just picks off your guys from across the field and with multi strike and pierce he kills entire teams in one go. Even if I manage to get to him he still goes before everything I have and there's only so much phys-repel I can get.

Is it just a matter of making a specific demon team of all phys-repel and holy dancers on avians or am I supposed to bum rush the middle before I get shredded? Either way it's the most unfun I've had with a last boss in a while since the demons in the free battles before him are way to low leveled to grind the make better party members.

Holy Dance isn't a great choice, I think he as inherent Resist Almighty. (I could be wrong) I used a Phys Repel team, one of which had a Hero Mark racial so I could use it while I trekked up the center. Whatever you do, if the boss gets extra turns, don't remove them. Its another all Phys Attack he sends back at himself. I think my team may have been Fiend/Fumi/Hero or Hero/Fumi/Kishin that did him in.

Rangda has Reflect Phys and is used in a decent amount of fusions so you should be able to get it on a ton of demons that way

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Tallgeese posted:

I could have sworn it works on Deathbound, since that's not an all-hitter... I'll have to check sometime.

If it is a random multi-hit attack I think it only covers the first hit

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

hunterseeker42 posted:

Is it just me or is assassinate a goddamned game breaker in this game? I stuck it, pierce, and another strength demon with assassinate on Daichi and hes been double tapping half the demons on each map since like day 3.

Assassinate is why I loved a Physical MC. Used Physical MC, Otome, Io, and Fumi. Anything that could be hit by Phys was Assassinated for like 2300 damage

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Norns posted:

I like the 2D look mixed with the little bit of animation they have going for SMT4.

It bugs me out because it looks like a bunch of demons just wiggling at you.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If a first party company had to buy them I'd rather it be Sony since it seems more things come over to America with Sony consoles than Nintendo ones

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I remember getting and starting to play SH2 and being pissed it continued off of the regular ending of SH1 and never getting far in it because of that. Now it is years and years later and I cannot find my disks and it is upsetting

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey everyone, I'm sure you've heard of this hilarious new meme "doge" but does anyone here have any Megami Tensei themed doge photoshops, like perhaps doge as a final boss or something of that sort? Thanks a lot!

http://i.imgur.com/1Ob3zgJ.jpg

Here you go, God Bless

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Labrys is the best and anyone who disagrees didn't spend enough time in the sound menu spamming her "Watch your feet!" clip

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Now I don't know who I want to main, Marie or Labrys

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Persona 3 is good (not better) because it had Aigis which in turn gave us Labrys

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
At least they got rid of the Social Link mechanic because who would be friends with that nerd

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Game does not take place in a high school since the protagonist is homeschooled due to bullying

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Exchange rate sucks but I want that shirt and I will have that shirt.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If I didn't already have my PQ preorder from Amazon for my 2nd half of my dumb tarot cards I'd be all for the Chie pins. Oh well~

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Paused for a second before voting Chie what the gently caress is wrong with me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

I want my Marie navigator, Atlus. Give it to me already.

Give me a Labrys navigator and make every battle just start with her warning "Watchya feet!" thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Despite beating all the other EO games my brain is farting in this one in how to approach it with building party members. Not giving me defined classes is killing me, Atlus. :(