Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
Having recently gotten through the last dungeon in DDS1, I've got to say I am surprised that people had much trouble with it, or any of the other dungeons in the game. Sure, the last dungeon was really long, but it kept the dick moves and progress reversal (like pit traps) to a minimum. I never felt like I wasn't making steady progress through the thing.

This is the complete opposite experience I had with the latter dungeons in Nocturne. When I didn't use a guide on those, I felt like I was just hitting my head against the wall trying to find the correct. I think I used a guide on every dungeon starting with the big pyramid. On the other hand, I never opened up a guide for DDS until I wanted to find out where bonus bosses were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem

EthanSteele posted:

I'm playing Nocturne and I'm wondering if anyone had any advice for useful demons for the point I'm at now. Just beat Thor and Daisoujou outside Mantra HQ and they're making a move on Nihilo. I feel like I'm lacking a decent magic user.

If you just beat Daisoujou, you should fuse him as soon as you can. Hands down one of the most useful demons in the game. I feel like I used him for half the game he was so good.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
I believe it's the Aeon arcana. Doesn't really make sense since it only appeared in P3FES and it was for Aigis, but whatever. The World is XXI, which is above the protagonists along with the Fool.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
Looks like Aeon to me. Aeon also happens to be the only arcana that has appeared with a gold card instead of a blue card, at least to my knowledge.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem

Strange Matter posted:

Also is the late game like P3 where you can use any party you want, or will I be at a disadvantage not using certain characters? I've been using Chie, Yukiko and Kanji almost exclusively.

I haven't played the game for about a year now but I recall Teddy being the only character who lost usefulness in the late game. And Naoto but she was never really useful to begin with.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
The problem I had with Teddie is he keeps a weakness the entire game, which becomes crippling when every other character gets rid of their's.

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
I think the Omoikane are actually only weak to guns, so you have to make some of your party revert to human form. Then you have to shoot them and hope you get lucky, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem

Amppelix posted:

I've found this (needing cash) to be quite not true; after the first couple of full moons I've been swimming in so much cash that there's no more things to buy with it. You start getting insane sums like 300,000 yen from chests pretty regularly, on top of which Elizabeth will shower you with money from some of her quests, and add to that selling all the equipment, medals, miniboss vendor trash, etc. that gathers up in the inventory and suddenly I've got over two million. While the best equipment on sale costs like 200,000. What I'm saying is after the beginning money becomes Not A Problem.

Money will become a huge problem on hard mode and above. The beginning is really rough if you are trying to boost social links by having matching persona. The middle is definitely easiest, as you don't really need to go into the compendium much and you are past the initial hump. The end-game gets really cash-strapped if you are trying to fill out your compendium and get top-level persona. Even though you will have maxed out your yen, it goes down the drain real quickly when higher level persona cost over a million a pop.