Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

:goonsay:

I kinda wish they'd do that too, because holy poo poo those designs are really goddamn creepy. I miss Kazuma Kaneko. :sigh:

Vier posted:

Megaten online? http://megaten.aeriagames.com/
What are the thoughts on this?

Eh, most people won't like it for the reasons mentioned, but some people (including me) do. I think it's one of those games you have to try out for yourself. It does have a pretty interesting combat system though, and some depth to the fusions and poo poo. And the soundtrack is pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Didn't Atlus explicitly state that they weren't going to make P4P?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MachineryNoise posted:

I get the feeling your good old Uncle Dojima would be an option... :gonk:
I mean, they already had pedophilia with Ken in P3P, why not throw in incest?

I think dating Nanako would be more in line with Japanese sensibilities. :shepface:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yes, if there is one thing more games need, it's 90-minute cutscenes. :shepface:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Agnostic watermelon posted:

What, really? It not even like he's going to loving eat them anyway so why would that matter? :psyduck:

God is kind of an rear end in a top hat. (Both in the Bible AND in SMT games!)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Of course, REAL fans buy both Nocturne albums and the, like, three or four Persona 3 albums. :colbert:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Agnostic watermelon posted:

I have two of the live albums :smug:

Yeah, well i have the 4-disc DDS OST collection. :smug:

And i'm also thinking of buying the Devil Survivor OST despite not even owning the game. I think i have a problem with SMT OST addiction. :ohdear:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Strange Matter posted:

Any tips for The Answer before I start playing?

Use a guide for the boss fights.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FART BOSS posted:

Apparently this site appeared today http://p-atlus.jp/

Looks like yet another persona rerelease. Geez Atlus.

For just a brief moment, a tiny hope fluttered in the back of my mind. "Are they finally remaking Persona 1 for next-gen consoles, with full voice acting and all?!"

No. Just more P4 milking. Why, Atlus. :smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I will only accept a Nocturne remake if it has even more music. :colbert:

Seriously, Meguro REALLY needs to go back to that style someday.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

You can see that style in a couple of Persona songs.

Also for a P4P, the wonkiest possibility I can imagine is a Teddie romance. I have no idea why but even just the idea blows my mind.

I mean including the vocals. Definitely the best use of voice synthesis ever.

Also, a Teddie romance would just open the door for even MORE bear puns. :ohdear:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Milk harder, Atlus! You may yet be able to squeeze something more out of those Persona Teats.

Also, gently caress that fighting game. Only P3/4? Really? I'm losing faith in Atlus with every passing day. :smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Because god drat you cannot make a loving Persona fighting game without Reiji Kido you fuckers.

Wow, what a typo! Good thing i fixed it. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

What the, that's not FABULOUS. BAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAY

I dunno, running around with your shirt open 24/7 is somewhat fabulous.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Seriously though, i wonder why they didn't just make a Dissidia-styled fighter with characters from the entire SMT franchise instead. I want Takeshi to shoot Serph with a shotgun. I want the Demifiend to punch Nanjo in the nuts. I want Snakeman to moderately annoy Junpei.

Instead we will most likely get FanserviceFest 2011. Look out for Naoto's sailor fuku outfit, only 320 MS Points.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

This assumes that Dissidia is a good fighting game. Not that I have much faith in the the team responsible for Blazblue but I'm sure we'll find it in a couple months if the game is trash or not.

I meant "Dissidia-styled" as in "Lots of characters from all the games".

(i have never actually played any of the Dissidias!)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Golden what? Golden Shower? Well, i guess they had to take the Dating Sim GamePlay a step further.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Yes. You may not have noticed but my opinion of the Atlus overseers is not a high one.

Like i said: sailor fuku DLC. OF COURSE they'll include Naoto.

And for just 600 MSP more you'll get Chie and Yukiko's bikinis.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Who is actually going to buy those costumes?

Creepy nerds. Which happen to make up a fair bit of the P3/4 fanbase.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That is one super-ridiculous fanservice outfit that chick's wearing.

That's it, i'm giving up on Atlus until they either start making games that look fun again, or remake SMT1 since they love remakes so much.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Aquans posted:

Oh god, when they said extra animated scenes they meant stuff like bathing cutscenes?

P3P had the Ken romance, P4G has Bathtime Nanako. I think they have a Creepiness Quota or something.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

redreader posted:

Fan requested feature: to not seem like a loving pervert when I'm playing an otherwise-pretty-cool japanese game :(

Look, the fans have spoken: they want animated bath scenes with six year old girls. Maybe you're just not a True Persona Four Fan????

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The fans requested it, now you can play it! Nanako's S-Link now has romantic possibilities! :unsmigghh:

(why do i always type Nakano instead of Nanako. what have you done to me, Imagine)

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 31, 2011

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
If they shoehorn Aigis into P4 then i will never, ever forgive Atlus.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

I'm not exactly keen on the series dipping into previous incarnations for guest spots, but is Aigis generally reviled or something? I mean, she's about as "anime" as the series has allowed itself to get, but I still found her to have a decent story arc and character development.

I can't see how she would have any relevance at all to the plot. If they do shoehorn her in it will only come off as a pathetic attempt at yet more fanservice, aimed towards the creepiest fans once again.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I really hope we get some visual novel style dating scenes in between fights. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
How will Atlus sell any games without Animated Six Year Old Bath Scenes? Sex sells, but who's buying? (pedophiles i guess) :v:

vvvv Yeah, i think so, but out of aaaall the scenes to animate, they chose THAT one. Making something creepy creepier.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 1, 2011

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Breaking News: Atlus announces Nocturne remake, Demifiend can now date Angel, Lilith, and Nekomata, among others!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Why bother dancing? Everyone knows that magic tricks is where it's at. All demons go nuts for magic tricks!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Demons are pretty laid back, they usually don't give a gently caress.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7XPD-5rRqs&hd=1

So here's a trailer thing for Persona 2: Innocent Sin, due out on UMD and PSN on September 20th.

This is going straight into my "do not open until Vita launch" folder after I buy it off the PSN.

EDIT: Wasn't this supposed to come out in October? Oh well, should be a fun game anyway!

I can't stand the original P2 OST, but if that remix is anything to go by, it seems like Meguro actually managed to make it listenable. :aaa: I'll definitely be picking this up.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The game mechanics look pretty bad on those earlier ones, to be honest.

This right here is why i think the early SMT games should be remade instead of remaking games that barely came out a few years ago. SMT1 hasn't aged very well at all, gameplay-wise (in fact i can barely play it due to how tedious it gets), but it still has an interesting plot and good soundtrack and all. It really deserves a proper remake. :sigh: Same goes for most of the other older SMT games.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Finally you can go online to tell a complete stranger to not give up on playing a videogame.

The future is now. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

How did SMT: Imagine turn out? I'm assuming it's tanked since I haven't heard anything about it.

I'm trying to play the original SMT, but it keeps crashing during one of the battles. :smith: I just wanna get through...

It's being severely mismanaged, as always. :gbsmith: (We just got an equipment set that grants a skill that only works in one dungeon, but that dungeon hasn't even been implemented yet despite months of promises :) )

It's still an OK game though. Kinda wish they'd put it on Steam so i could earn achievements and trade macca for TF2 hats.

(And speaking of SMT1, am i the only one who would kill for an IRL version of Takeshi's sweet camo trenchcoat? :allears: )

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Aww. :smith: It sounds like it has a shitload of promise to it. Oh well.

Speaking of, is there a good shot of the SMT 1 main character's default armor anywhere? Like it is on the cover, green pants, steel shoulder-thingies, etc. I'm curious, cause it looks familiar for some reason.

This?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What is the deal with special editions and t-shirts? I mean, what kind of person just struts around with an Anime Dude T-Shirt.

Still, i'll probably hold off on buying it on PSN until we get a date or price.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
One thing that kinda bugs me a bit is that we get the soundtrack with the special edition, whereas the US got it just for pre-ordering. I mean, let's face it, it's hardly an impressive set of bonus stuff. Soundtrack, Sad Anime Man Shirt, Anime Cards: The Trading Card Game, and a... poster, i think? The soundtrack is the only interesting thing there. :sigh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
IDEA: Instead of The Amazing Blubbering Cartoon Man, we should get a t-shirt with Maya's ridiculous Boobhearts on it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Don't.

Alternate response:
Take Elly as your fifth and fuse Judgement Phaleg and give it to one of your other characters. Congratulations, two of your five party members are effectively invincible.

That's terrible advice.

Reiji is the best party member. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

But Elly will make things easier in general, both because she shows up way earlier and she starts with a Judgement Persona.

But Reiji will punch things in the face, kick things in the face, and wield an assault rifle with one hand.

Also, magic tricks! :haw: