Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look at Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. The url is http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/17-2204/

But speaking of more important things, the boobs in Devil Survivor are so silly and unrealistic looking, I find them more hilarious than anything else. It's kind of like a trademark of the series now, with each female character getting more ridiculous than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Thundercleese posted:

While not directly related to SMT, the fact that Catherine is exceeding Atlus' sales expectations is hopefully a good sign for their continuing to localize our preferred brand of crack.

Besides Devil Survivor 2, DS Overclocked, and Innocent Sin for PSP, have any other current Atlus in-house projects (SMT or otherwise) been announced in Japan?

That makes me really happy to hear! I don't have a PS3 or Xbox360 and wouldn't have been able to buy it at launch anyway, so I'm happy to hear it's doing so well. The game was unique and seemed like kind of a risk (the good kind), so it's great it's doing so well and so many people are enjoying it.

I did inform a friend of the super deluxe edition, which he ended up ordering, so maybe I contributed in my own small way.

By the way, how do you guys on this thread feel about general news on Shin Megami Tensei merchandise? I run across it from time to time, so I don't mind reporting what I think is the awesome stuff. For instance, I've seen news that they're making figures of Caterine from Catherine (of course), Izanagi from Persona 4, and another goddamned figure of Aigis from Persona 3. (Though it's the most awesome figure of her I've seen)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Back after P4 was released they said it wouldn't have an FES or anything because it was the complete version.

So they won't unless they see enough dollar signs.

Yeah, that's true. I believe they've also stated that they didn't like the idea of doing a Persona 4 Portable because of the limitations in graphics and that sort of storytelling that P3P had. Personally, I don't think a P4P it's in development now, but I don't believe it's completely out of the question, despite what their official statements have been. There will be an anime of Persona 4, the new generation of portables have more technical capabilities, it's a timely time to come out with a new rerelease, and yeah, money. Personally, of course, I hope there will be one.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Justice posted:

Unless 'underselling by 40,000 units' is a sales record. :(

At least P1 for PSP and P3P had strong sales, and hopefully so will P2 for PSP when it comes out here.

Yeah. At least you'll be getting one sale from me when it comes out. Brand new, since it comes with a preorder bonus, and the money goes directly to the publisher. In September, which is the worst month for video game consumers, because so many games come out at once. :smithicide:

(Warning: the following is information I pulled out of my memory, and was too lazy to research) I've always been kind of curious. Didn't Atlus project 150,000 sales for Persona 4 in the United States, while sales for Persona 3 and FES were somewhat far below that?

Also, I think the 110,000 sales figure was the total sales at the end of 2009. Which is pretty drat important in an investment and return sense, but I wonder how many English copies of the game have been sold in the 2010-present time period. There was a lot of fan activity and interest on the internet during 2009-2010. I wonder how many people were holding out until they were sure there wasn't going to be an extended rerelease, or became interested in the series because of some of the popular fanworks.

If I was investing money, I doubt that would convince me to put money on a project that undersold, though.

ETA: I can't believe I wrote 3 paragraphs on real world stuff instead of the possible dating simulation elements of a Persona 4 Portable; something is wrong with me today.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 4, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Yeah, for some reason Atlus USA thought releasing it three weeks before Christmas of 2008 was a good idea, because P4 was totally going to compete with Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, and that year's other holiday heavyweights.

P3 was released in August, and FES in April, which just might have had something to do with the better sales.

Wow, I checked the date after reading this, and FES was in April 2008, too, only eight months after Persona 3 was released....

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Strange Matter posted:

So, wait, as far as dating Shinji is concerned, does that mean he doesn't die in the girl MC storyline, or do you have to max his S.Link out before that happens?

And, I'm almost afraid to ask, do you end up "sharing a special evening" with Ken? :gonk:

You HAVE to max out his social link. Him surviving only makes sense within the context of the last events of the social link.

From what I've read, you do, but the MAX RANK scene has been toned down in the English version to *specifically* not be sexual. The Japanese version was not. I have no idea about the Christmas event, though.

^^^^^^^^^
ETA:

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

FES had been out for months by the time vanilla P3 made it overseas. Go figure.

Yeah, that's a good point that I didn't think of. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I wonder what the long term sales of PErsona 3, FES, Portable, and 4 were, now....

Catalina fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 4, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

By the way, for the Shin Megami Tensei games released in Europe, are they all English language only, or do any of them have a Spanish language option?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Added this and the P3P quick look to the OP.

On the one hand, this is cool for Atlus and may get people to try their previous (and future) games. On the other hand, I am that guy who is angry about this video game and this is just unfortunate. Excuse me while I get a life.

Yeah. Persona 4 is kind of less immediately accessible to the average gamer person-san. (Let me be absolutely clear that that was meant to be a tongue in cheek joke. Please, please don't take it as a start of a fight on Japanese honorifics in English translations.) P4 is accessible for an anime rpg, but...well, I haven't played Catherine, but it seems like it's more accessible and fills a whole lot of gaming consumer wants by being an original, artistic and experimental game with more mature characters and a more mature themes. Also, it was something new for the game developers to try, so I hope it was fun and rewarding for them.

Of course, I can feel relaxed because I know that Persona 5 is all but absolutely confirmed to be in development.... Personally, I think it would be nice if people who picked up Catherine took an interest in other Atlus titles, and I hope it will.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I got an email from Atlus (that I can't find now) saying that Devil Survivor for DS in on sale at Amazon for $20.99. I was borrowing the copy I was playing from a friend, so I figured I might as well buy it for myself while it's that price.

Stupid Atlus, making games that are so good, I want to buy new copies and support them...

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I'm currently playing Devil Survivor, so for the last posts, I've had to very very quickly run my eyes down to the next post, and keep my cursor to the absolute left of the page. I'm just messing, though, I appreciate the spoiler tags!

I'm currently on day 2, and I agree with the sentiment that as soon as you see Naoya, he looks like he's going to be the Evil Bad Guy. So I'm having fun roleplaying the MC as almost completely trusting of his beloved cousin. We'll see how that pans out...

I'm also playing SMT:Imagine. My character name is Serase. I just fused my first Jack Frost. Sure, his relationship with me is "Looking to betray Serase" because I kept having the pixie parent demon die over and over while she acquired Dia...but whatever! I will spoil and love him until we are best friends for life.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I traded for a used copy of SMT: Nocturne a while ago, and it came with a soundtrack CD in the case. Are all the copies like that, or was that just a first print thing?
I also have the same thing with the copy of the original release of Persona 3. It has a box, CD, and artbook. Was that first print only, or is it included in every copy of original P3? Both are the English NA releases.

(*goes off while grumbling about how there are no bonuses with either version of Devil Survivor*)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Nocturne pre-orders came with the soundtrack, the original release of Persona 3 came with a CD and art book (according to Wikipedia).

Oooh, I got lucky then! Thanks. I didn't think of that info being in wikipedia, either.

Technique posted:

Of course, REAL fans buy both Nocturne albums and the, like, three or four Persona 3 albums. :colbert:

But, but, with Japanese CD prices, how would I have afforded the 3 Persona 3 figures and like, 8 Persona 3 & 4 cell phone charms I have? :ohdear:

Speaking of Cell Phone Charms...

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Thuryl posted:

This is pretty cool. I'm a little worried that its sales figures might not reflect the demand for it, because all the people I know who are really into niche games that don't always see releases over here just use a US PSN account with a fake address and buy PSN-bucks off the internet anyway.

Yeah. If that's the case, at least there won't be a loss of profit from returned physical inventory.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just got my copy of Overclocked, the little Hee-ho! voiceclip when you go to start it up is pretty :3:

Oh man, I have to hear this.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Spiffo posted:

Well thanks a lot thread! :mad: I just ordered Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Nocturne and P3P thanks to you! I hope you're happy! (i am)

I know, right? After I played Persona 4, I played 3, and then I slowly started acquiring more SMT games than I'll ever get around to playing. This thread is to blame, along with the Let's Plays. And I'm totally happy, too.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Game Jouhou and a few other major gaming blogs are claiming it's likely to be Persona 4 Portable for Vita, citing Famitsu's promise for a "major Vita announcement" next week.

Of course they forget that for the next 3 weeks, every issue is going to have major Vita announcements because that was the deal they made with Sony Japan. But hey, gaming journalism.

NO NO NO NO NO. I *JUST* bought a PS3 last night. :smithicide: Persona 3 Portable made me buy a PSP, too.

Justice posted:

Even if that were the case, North America would be lucky to get it, considering how poorly Persona 4 sold here.

I'm only half joking here when I say then I'd have to learn Japanese, then. Especially if there's a female protagonist option.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Everybody buy it on the Playstation Store if you wanna be able to play it on the Vita!

Hm, I just recently learned about game sharing on the PSN. I wonder if it applies to PSP games as well as PS3 ones.

The manual and packaging whore in me wants me to preorder the physical copy though. Haha.

ETA:

Cake Attack posted:

I'm ashamed of how excited I am for a persona 4 remake. I mean, I'd rather they make new games and IPs, but drat it I'm still going to buy it the day it comes out, and be giddy with excitement everyday beforehand.

If it we're any other company I would be worried, but Atlas is pretty good about this kind of thing, so I'm going to be optimistic as well. Admittedly, Justice is probably in a better position to know, but still.

I only feel obliged to feel ashamed about purchasing remakes and additional content rereleases of games I like. :ohdear: Atlus spaces the remakes and rereleases out far enough, and adds additional content to complete games that I feel like they're worth buying, and not cheating. Not like some DLC's from games that feel like features removed to make a greater profit.

I agree, too, that Justice is in a good position to comment, and I take what she says seriously, but I'm also optimistic as well. P4 was released at a bad time. It also sold in some pretty high numbers, in the hundred thousand mark rather than the tens of thousands (Like other SMT games). Plus, an anime is being released, and Persona 4 the game has a fanbase in English.

If it isn't announced, maybe fans could get together and promise like, X sales if the game comes out in English.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 25, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

A remake of Nocturne including both Dante and Raidou, full voice acting, and maybe an extra ending or two would be just amazing. Get to it Atlus!.

You know, I haven't really played Nocturne past the first hour or so, and I want this, badly. drat you.

So I assume that the female protagonist will have the option to date Kanji.

Gonna get some drama.

Yeah, I'm curious how they'd handle romance options for a female protagonist. But then again, I had my serious doubts about how well the P3 male party members would work, and they managed to do all of them very well in P3P.

The real hilarious drama would be if there were romantic possibilities with (SERIOUSLY SPOILERS FOR PERSONA 4 DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED IT)
Namatame.
Ha ha, just kidding, really I mean Adachi.

Personally, I think it would be cool to have a relationship option for the female protagonist with Naoto and an option for the male protagonist with Kanji. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment...

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Endorph posted:

You can see that style in a couple of Persona songs.

Also for a P4P, the wonkiest possibility I can imagine is a Teddie romance. I have no idea why but even just the idea blows my mind.

Yeah, I really freaking love Teddie both as a Persona 4 character and a character in general. (So much that when someone earlier in this thread posted that some of the delivery of all his lines in the English version might not all have been perfect, I immediately had a mental image of me pommeling them with all of my Persona 4 merchandise.) The idea of a Teddie romance has always blown my mind, too. Part of the fun of his character is that he wants girls desperately, despite not really understanding completely what's going on. So if he actually was able to Score With A Girl, specifically a Player character that *I'm* playing, that's just...:raise:

However, I think you guys are right in that the potential bear puns will make everything okay.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Welp, that's it. Thread's over for me, the highest point of P4P speculation has been reached.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 25, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Momomo posted:

Teddy's Social Link is already plot dependent, having a romance option would completely change it. Might as well just not bother.

Which means they haven't been working on P5, even after it was apparently said to exist. Gives me VS XIII vibes.

They could do it like the Moon link for the female side of P3P, and have it as an event after the actual social link is maxed. And/or take notes from the P3P female Fortune link, which managed to have romantic options despite time restrictions in the plot.

I believe P5 has never officially been announced, the title just kind of leaks out from time to time when someone accidentally puts the name on a blog post of projects they're working on, or something.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Doorselfin posted:

I'm 15 hours into my very first play through of Persona 4, just finished the steamy bathhouse.

...Welp, I guess it's time to put it down for now. I'll miss you, 3D character models (OR WILL I?!)

No, no, don't do that. Persona 4 is an awesome game.

Think about it! Even *IF* the announcement is for a Persona 4 Portable, which is only speculation at this point, it'll still take months for it and the Playstation Vita to be released. And aproximately a year for it to be translated and localized into English. Persona 3 Portable was first announced in August of 2009, released in Japan on November 1, 2009, and in North America on July 6, 2010. So that's like a year wait.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Doorselfin posted:

But then there'll be less incentive for me to pick it up right away... I'm not even considering a 3DS and Devil Survivor Overclocked at the moment.

Maybe I'll wait for more details to emerge to see how different it will be before continuing to invest 90 hours of my life on Persona 4 right off the back of Catherine and P3P :3

Ah, but see, that works in your favor! You can wait for the inevitable price drops!
Seriously, though, I could see how you'd be a bit wary after playing P3P and Catherine. hahaha. I finished the Good End of P4 myself in a 110 hour playthrough, and got up to the fall trip in P3 FES and just completely burned out.

Schlegel Mach posted:

Wait, was this ever confirmed? I always thought it was just fans being fans.

I'm curious about this as well.

Also, I recall reading some notes with some sketches and notes of Persona 3 concept art that said a female protagonist had been considered in the early stages of planning Persona 3, but had been scrapped because of time constraints. But I can't find exactly where I read that, so take my memory with a grain of salt.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

I mean, his family isn't mentioned at all besides one crack from Dojima at the end and an earlier comment by Chie, and none of it mentions siblings; it could be that they decided to take one kid with them and one kid was sent to live with Dojima.

In Nanako's social link, she'll ask you if you have a sister, and if you reply that you do, she'll ask if it's a little sister. I have a younger sister, so I answered yes to both. Her sad face and voice will haunt me until the end of my days.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Well, I guess if there was no mention of a female protagonist with the initial Persona 4 remake for Vita, it's most likely not going to happen.

Don't mind me while I'm over here sulking in the corner.

The fighting game thing is pretty unexpected, and kind of funny. I don't mind that kind of milking, but I don't have much interest in buying it. They'd be able to get my money if...

Technique posted:

Seriously though, i wonder why they didn't just make a Dissidia-styled fighter with characters from the entire SMT franchise instead. I want Takeshi to shoot Serph with a shotgun. I want the Demifiend to punch Nanjo in the nuts. I want Snakeman to moderately annoy Junpei.

Yeah, that! Also with Raidou Kuzunoha. Maybe with Raiho as an secret character, or a character that appears in a combo.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Wait...wait..what if Igor is a playable character in the Persona fighter? Super nose attack!

Policenaut posted:

Would pay BlazBlue DLC highway robbery prices for a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC character.

Seconded. Or even just a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC outfit for one of the characters you could play as.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

dumb brunette posted:

There's speculation floating around that Mari/Marie/Mary might be the female protagonist, and she's named because the male protag has a name in the upcoming anime adaptation.

I don't know, man, I'm holding out hope. I really want a female route in this.

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. I don't have my hopes very high, though, because when P3P was announced one of the first things mentioned was the female protagonist. But then again, there was art to go along with the announcement, and this is just text. Ah, who knows. As a female player, I'm pretty biased towards games with a female protagonist or route, because they've been pretty rare up to this point and time. If there was a female protagonist for the remake, I'd probably buy a Vita just for the game. Otherwise, I'll just preorder the game for the bonuses and sell it. :v: Then if I get a Vita, I'll buy it when the price is down. I do really like some of the additions that were mentioned.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 31, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Technique posted:

Like i said: sailor fuku DLC. OF COURSE they'll include Naoto.

And for just 600 MSP more you'll get Chie and Yukiko's bikinis.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I'm very grateful that I experience Persona 4 on the English side. There have been some creepy official examples of fanservice pandering of the female characters on the Japanese side. (For example, does anyone remember that flash game on the official Japanese site where the goal was to peep on the girls in the bath? Euugh.)

At least only with the English game to go on, I can pretend that my main character's relationships with the girls are built of love and mutual respect. (Except for the whole Naoto in a girl's uniform bit, which I can write away as Naoto having hosed up gender binary expectations that come from childrens' cartoons, anyway.)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Marie/Mary looks like the lost love child of the Persona 4 protagonist and Catherine, to me.

More importantly, is that the P4MC and Yosuke on mopeds in the second picture? I'm calling it now, illegal street racing hot moped action minigame.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I think another major factor that really works against having a female protagonist is that not only would scenes for a 100 hour game have to be rewritten, they'd also have to be modeled and animated. :smith:

Looking at the screenshots of the P4G game makes me want to play it more than when it was just a text announcement. Still, though, I don't think it's enough to make me want to jump into the rat race of being an early adopter of a system. It just makes me wish I had lots of money to throw around, instead of doing the logical thing and waiting for price drops and later redesigned versions of consoles/handhelds.

Ryoshi posted:

Well.

Until about an hour ago I had no idea that I wanted a Persona fighting game so badly.

I want a Persona fighting game very, very badly now.

(what the hell is with all the haters in this thread? no, this fighting game does not mean that they are never making P5.)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea. I'm morbidly curious to see just what the hell they could possibly do with a giant crossover story. Oooh, and I'm calling it now: Shinjiro will probably be a secret character.

And I agree with the sentiment about there being a lot of haters. Maybe at my old experienced gamer age of 26 I'm just more patient about things, but I don't see why every time it's announced that the team is working on another project, people freak out that it's not Persona 5, and come to the worst-case scenario conclusion that if it's not the announcement this time then OH GOD IT MUST NOT BE BEING MADE.

ETA: Andriasang has a write up on the parts of the article that discuss Persona 5.

Same team, Katsura Hashino is director, Shigenori Soejima is character designer, and Shouji Meguro is main composer. The team has the basic concept and planning almost done, and knows pretty much what they want to do. The game's expected to move into actual development soon-ish. Hashino warns that there's probably going to be a long wait before the release.

On the technical side, the game is done on an engine developed in-house by the team, unlike Catherine, which used a third-party engine.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 31, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Andriasang's writeup on the Persona fighter game

Lifted from there:

Arcade Mode: Face off against CPU opponents while following the story

Story Mode: Delve deeper into the arcade mode's story. This will be exclusive to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Score Attack Mode: Face off against CPU opponents to get the high score

VS Mode: Face off against a CPU or human opponent

Online Battle: Face off against players throughout the world in online combat

The game will include original stories for all its included characters, which come from both Persona 4 and Persona 3. The overarching story is set two months after the events of Persona 4. The characters appear on a fighting program called "P-1 Grand Prix."

-------

Write up on P4G Vita's features
Lifted:

* 3G and Wi-Fi support
* New event scenes
* Added Personas
* Added character outfits
* New character Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa. She's a "mysterious girl" who appears before the main characters.
*When you're about to die in a dungeon, you can send a message seeking help to other players. It's not specified how this system will work exactly.
* Additional anime movie scenes, with new voices
* 1.5 times the voice of the PS2 original
* New song for the opening movie
*An element that has been highly requested by fans

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I can't think of any feature that was missing in P4 and that people may want. Might be female route, but would they be cryptic with something so big?

Yeah. I wish they wouldn't get my hopes up, haha.

Throwing out ideas here, it could be a manly romance patch with Kanji, the ability to wear the cross-dressing outfits in battle, or maybe a way to go out with Margaret on dates. Oh wait, the last one is something I personally would want.

Pureauthor posted:

The ability to romance Yosuke.

I thought of that, too, but, I think I read in a Persona 4 interview once that the thing in Persona 2 was done to test the reaction by fangirls who liked boy-boy romance. I don't think yaoi fangirls make enough of the fanbase to connect to that kind of announcement, but then again, about 50%+ of the doujinshi I ever see listed is of the MC and Yosuke, so what would I know?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
That's actually a pretty good guess, something that I find very likely, now that you mention it.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 31, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Wow! Thank you for the high quality screenshots, Rinkles.

YES! My suspicions were correct and this was a screenshot of an added Halloween event at Junes! And oh man, is that the MC dressed up, too?

You know, something about Marie's design just bugs me. I know it's too early to tell, but she just looks like a Mary Sue character inserted into the game. Her design is doesn't really fit the rest of the aesthetic of the Persona 4 characters.

Chie in a fighting Chinese waitress dress (?) is the extra I didn't know I always wanted.

Getting more excited for this game. :ohdear:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Siliconera is reporting that according to a Famitsu interview, Katsura Hashino says the fan requested feature is NOT a female protagonist:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/persona-4-the-golden-was-originally-planned-for-psp/

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Axle_Stukov posted:

Yeah, really thinking this is intentional now after seeing the clear screenshot of her. There is no way she isn't linked to the Velvet room with that "V" button on her hat.

Yeah. That's what's keeping me from hating her outright right, haha. Since the Velvet Room attendants are supposed to look ridiculous and out of place. She's still setting off my Mary Sue Insert alarm, though.

My dream fan requested feature would be to cut out just about all the scenes with Hanako.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Axle_Stukov posted:

I think this is what they're doing, the one screenshot showing the fusion menu showed the persona being fused with 2 blank skills instead of 2 named skills, so I can only hope this means they learned we all loved Devil Survivor's fusion method.

If that was the case, I would definitely do my replay of Persona 4 on the P4G Vita instead of my PS2 version. I still have to get the true ending, and do the non party member and family social links...

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I think the new character's name is actually Marie. 60 seconds in google says that the name Mary is written as: メアリー (Me-a-ri-i), and Marie is written as マリー (Ma-ri-i)

:goonsay:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 31, 2011

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Doktor von Blaze posted:

The best thing is getting the skills you want and then canceling the fusion anyway, as you kinda start pressing that button automatically after you've spent fifteen minutes going in and out of the fusion screen. :suicide:

Tell me about it. NO, MEDIARAHN, COME BACK!

Though that's still second to having this happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMFK9_6Ptw

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Can't I just complain about the things I find culturally jarring, but it still be understood that I and accept and even love the game as a whole?

If we're complaining about Japanese anime game attitudes in sex in general, my personal belief is that Japan is more sexually open than the United States (can't say much about Western culture), which is good and admirable from the perspective here. BUT they go into creepy territory because of some of the things that are permitted or turned a blind eye too. That's more like an aspect of cultures in general. I mean, just turn it around and analyze the United State's attitude towards the acceptable levels of violence and misanthropy in entertainment.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Technique posted:

Breaking News: Atlus announces Nocturne remake, Demifiend can now date Angel, Lilith, and Nekomata, among others!
What if I want a MC with a breast fetish and wants to date Satan? Hopefully, that'll be in the DLC, or I'll have to resort to fanart and fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

I disagree. Right now you have ample time to play one of the best JRPGs ever made and then have a great excuse later to do so all over again!

I pretty much did the same thing with P3FES. I would have wound up replaying the original game regardless, but it just gave me a better reason to do so.

Persona 4 is long, but it's pretty much made for multiple playthroughs. I don't think you'd be able to see all the non-main-plot-content unless you were sperging it out with a bunch of guides.

I also really, really love Persona 4 and want to get as many people as possible to play it.

ETA:

HarveyVdarski posted:

I just looked that poo poo up. WHAT THE gently caress?

The Aigis max rank scene or the Ken one? And if it was the Ken one, did you happen to see the video with the translation of the original Japanese, or the English version? :razz:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 1, 2011