Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Catalina posted:

By the way, for the Shin Megami Tensei games released in Europe, are they all English language only, or do any of them have a Spanish language option?

Sad thing is, given that the titles seem to jump rapidly between European publishers (Ghostlight did a few, then Koei, then Square-Enix and now a whole new set of guys are doing Catherine) you really can't tell with any consistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Schlegel Mach posted:

I could see releasing a P4P in the US as being a pretty smart move if it comes out as a launch title/around the time Vita launches in the US. It would fill the same void Overclocked did with the 3DS.

I mean they did do an English release for Catherine, of all things, and it managed to exceed sales expectations.

Use the anime with a well timed readvertised stream (I imagine that if this IS P4P that the anime will be well done by the time this gets out) and watch as a retarded amount of cash rolls in.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Magikoopa189 posted:

Are their any videos for all of the Persona calls in Persona 3 and 4, when the protagonist calls the names?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98 for Persona 4

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Good to see the Earthbound/Mother model guy is still getting work.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You forgot region locking. It adds that too.

BTB; is there any DSi stuff in DS2? That'll be what stops it from geting imported.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Atlus seriously need to figure out their Euro Distro plans beyond "Ah, some idiot will pick it up for us". Sure it's only remakes of Devil Survivor now. But there will be tears once it's, say, Strange Journey 2 or Etrian Odyssey 3D.

Then again, if Nintendo hadn't hosed with region locking in the first instance, we wouldn't be in this mess. Good going there, you jerks :argh:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Really? "Arena" was the best they could do? Not "Ultimate Midnight Arena" or something like that?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DrManiac posted:

I..I think this is the first time I welcome the inclusion of dlc characters in a fighting game.
The boss music is ok for being the Theme of Fatal KO but it somewhat lacks the punch of YOU WA SHOCK!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Also Conception might be worse than Queen's Blade. A game where women are baby factories and children are slaves to a powerful dungeon starved patriarchy? Japan shall never cease.
It's a shame too, if not for the completely off theme, I could totaly go for Dungeon Crawl Pikmin.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Policenaut posted:

It's Quiz Time! C'mon grab your friends!
And go to very distant lands! Teddie the Bear and Yosuke the Human!
The fun will never end! It's Quiz Time!

Check out my sick new hat

Okay so click the picture to see more hot quiz action (and the new Personas and stuff)

Sadly, with the existence of Grunty's Furnace Fun this can not be the best quiz in a game.

Real shame that.

And, man, if Square-Enix would bone up and put DQ 8 on PSN I'd hvae no excuse to hold on to my old PS2.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tithin Melias posted:

Also, is the EU PSN getting P3 this week too?
I wouldn't bet too highly on that, That's Koei's deal to decide (and besides that, I wouldn't want the 50htz version of any PSX/2 game, that's about as mug as game as you can play in these digital times that I'm unfortunately dealing with now with FFIX) I'd set up a US PSN account and do things via Prepaid cards.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Good news, European SMT/SRPG fans.

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-announce-smt-devil-survivor-games
Good for them, they get to make money off a lovely decision Nintnedo made.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
All that matters is that Yousuke gets his by the end of all that.

So does Yu and Kanji but that's collateral.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Of course.

The only reason Sentai exists is bullshit legal loopholes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I had forgotten this in all the P4A hype but ghost light never did get DDS out on PSN did they?

Good to see Atlus' international policy at work there. Top men.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Make sure you have a 3DS so you can enjoy EO4♥
Not until Nintendo and/or Atlus cut out their region locking bullshit.

I'm more than aware, and willing, for that to be an indefinite thing.

That and I'm not totally enamoured with the change from Megadrive Synths for EO 4.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Speaking of Murders, guess who just killed P4A's chances in Europe?

Seriously, Zen have confirmed that it's only going to be a straight up port (with no European language options) over of the US Version with the region code changed. It shouldn't be that hard.

But you know what else isn't that hard? Me cancelling my pre-order, making it clear though all channels that I will by pre-owned and pre-ordering the Tales of Graces F 1st Day Edition which has a ton of stuff which is basically a thank you for not importing (which you can totally do with TOGF) instead.
:qqsay:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SilentD posted:

Sucks I guess, just buy games from another region though. It's a solid fighter, a bit too easy, but solid not the less.
See if that's was all it took, I wouldn't be as goddamn angry about this but no. This is the one game the companies decide to take Sony up on thier region lock for the PS3.

The only one!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rolling Start posted:

To be fair, Zen have said they'll be making a special edition for the European release of P4A. As for what'll be included and when it'll actually come out :iiam:

With the exception of Arc System Works, every company involved with making and distributing this game seems to have handled it really poorly.

See, that sort of nonsese can fly with a PS3 game when I can buy the thing on Import. This, and I hate to sound like a broken record, can't for all the region locking poo poo that's floated around this.

Quite frankly, Zen can take the game and shove it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Really, as long as it's fantasy demons and rural Japan (or sumsuch) getting smashed together, there's really no cause for alarm.

tooooooo bad posted:

Tokyo seems like a real poo poo place to live in SMT world.

To be fair, Tokyo is just the epicentre of the explosion of nonsense that is want to happen in SMT Games. I mean Tokyo was lucky in that it "Survived" (if you want to call it that) being turned into the Vortex World in Nocturne, the rest is just up and out gone

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 27, 2012

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm all for it!

But I'm European so that counts for gently caress all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

I don't know I think it'd be hilarious if they only released one half of P2 in the West again, except the other half this time. :bravo:

Yeah, if it's anything ATLUS would want to do now it is utterly piss off the other half of their anglophone fanbase.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Europe's getting Persona 4 Golden next year.

Or I guess you could just buy the US version because I think the Vita isn't region locked?

Spring isn't too bad (and, hey, it's a loving release date, remember those, Zen?) and, yes, if one so desires one could import it. Or wait to see what nicknaks N1 are gonna throw in to make it worth our time (see Tales of Graces)

Companies need that sword or we get into P4A / DeSu OC like situations.

Still, if N1 Europe could just do all of ATLUS' stuff from now on, that'd be swell. The whole P4A debacle has shown the need for that already.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 21, 2012

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Did we all imagine that PAL PSN thing for Digital Devil Saga 1/2 by the way?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

While we're on the subject of P4G:

:v:

And the murderer got away as Yu wound up engrossed in the art of overgrown corn planting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, any Europeans hoping to play Persona 4 Areana sometime in this lifetime should probably not hold much hope

The take from all this; they haven't submitted the Xbox 360 version for classification from Microsoft. PS3 is done but nope, they haven't even submitted the Xbox version.

I'm convinced this is some sort of sick joke and we're not actually going to get P4A.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 27, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

For gently caress's sakes. You'd honestly have to try to be more of a useless piece of poo poo company than Zen. Oh but don't worry, we'll post some Persona 4 spoilers and image macros for you shitheads to eat up, do ho ho.

And don't forget their mainstay; posting pictures of that one disturbing revoltech Woody molesting Ageis.

Because that doesn't ever get loving old.

Changing one piece of code (Not loving joking about that, for the PS3 version at least, that's all they needed to do) and getting the game thrown at Sony and Microsoft to get the game out in a reasonable time-frame so region locking due to the retarded economics of Japan (We wouldn't be in this mess if some Japanese smartass sat down and realise that maybe charging exorbitant prices for, anything, really, is a bit stupid) doesn't sound like a bad idea?
Naw, gently caress that, let's just post inane bullshit for days on end. That will get us sales!

Course ATLUS, having learned NOTHING from this whole goddamned mess, are going to release EO4 and Soul Hackers with no idea if anyone will pick it up for PAL Distro (EO4 did, IIRC, but nothing on Soul Hackers) because that is how you win fans a devil may care attitude to localisation of Niche games when your core business is the localisation of niche games.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 27, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Checking the FAQ on the Persona Europe website, it's not a matter of Zen submitting it. They have the PS3 version, but through some bizarre quirk of developmental structure or process, they haven't been given the 360 version.

I know just as much as everyone that this is bullshit. But blame the right people.
I really don't loving care anymore. I want ATLUS to stop loving around, I want ZEN to stop loving around and I want Japan to not be stupid about this poo poo.

I don't even want the game anymore. I've given up on that!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 27, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Syrg Sapphire posted:

The big problem is that a lot of people have been saying for years now "get ready to go back to the 16-bit era in terms of releases being skipped over". A lot of really, really stupid spending has hit companies in the wallet, and now bringing stuff to (region) isn't seen as something that can be fitted into the budget, but "how much do we think it'll sell to that audience? oh, like 12 guys? okay gently caress 'em". This poo poo's only gonna get worse before it gets better, and it probably won't just be portables within the next two years!

Which makes region locking even more retarded. It's no longer the 90's where Japanese games are the flights of fancy of magazines.

When people miss out on your rpg they'll know and they will render your flesh for it or, worse, pirate it.

I guarantee you people are making preparations to deal with soul hackers on pal 3DS and Inazuma Eleven on NTSC 3DS and buying the game is not in that plan.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though with Zen's and Atlus' collective bedside manor, I'll be surprised if they don't take a bath on P4A Pal (if it ever gets released).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
As a PSO fan this is the worst case scenario.
I'd like to think that Sega would be awesome and use ATLUS USA to localise their games (and then maybe use SOE to mitigate that stupid six month wait ATLUS was want to punish European fans with) but that would be a smart thing to do and Sega is not good at smart.

As is, I'm just going to remember the good run we've had from Nocturne to P4G and just consider myself lucky that EO4 is out in the uk already.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

...how? How does this mean anything for PSO in any fashion at all?
I Mean that PSO2 does not paint a nice picture of future ATLUS titles and thier chances of getting a localisation.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Seriously anyone upset about Sega getting them should take a look at their steam catalog sometime. Their top selling franchises are Football Manager and Total War, they bought Relic who made the Dawn of War/Company of Heroes games, they have excellent ports of Sonic Generations and Sonic Racing on the PC which are also always cheaper while already looking like a PS4/XBONE game. They've gotten a lot of praise in the PC sphere, with the only real misstep being that they never brought over PSO2 which people have fan translated anyway.
Buggering up PSO2 (ditto VC3 et all) is a huge black mark given what were dealing with.
Yes those games on the pc are nice but PSO hangs over the whole deal like a mouldy sock.

So it got fan translated, whoop. Mother 3's fan translation, nice as it is doesn't absolve Nintendo's nonsense in that instance.

Do we hope on the fans translating future ATLUS titles?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 18, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
OHBOY, Can't wait to get thoroughly buggered out of this by Sega and whatever assclown ASW gets to not port Super P4A to the UK.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yu looks like a dork in that dance game.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is the canonical Yu and shame on you if you didnt play him like a giant dork.

That is true. Good point.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

hubris.height posted:

There was really no lead up to this announcement. I'm curious if it will get ported to the Wii U maybe, as well.... Probably not.

You say that but isn't SMT iOS essentially the GBA Rom in a custom emulator?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is it in bad taste to make a joke about SMT1 getting a EU release?

:v:

Joke away, (as a European) Atlus' name is mud as far as I care.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Color Printer posted:

I think there was someone who wanted to see those unused Persona 4 portraits, so there you go. All nine of them, that I know of. (I'm pretty sure that flat Teddie one doesn't show up, but I could be wrong...) Those pages are now mostly done; all I need to do is get the rest of the unused Social Link clips and boss dialogue and I will have exhausted all that I know exists in there.

Also, bonus: guess how many voice clips in the main storyline were changed and re-recorded from Persona 3 to Persona 3 FES.

You'll never guess how many and which.

Some of those "This is a bug" lines are fantastic.

Especially K-k-k-kanji Breaker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I hope it is cancelled. Then we'll never have to think about this stupid, endlessly delayed poo poo ever again.

At least you're not European as things have gone from bad to worse in that regard.

MCV: NIS America cuts ties with Persona publisher Atlus

And given Sega of Europe has become a perpetual "Nothing to say at this time" megaphone (For example they won't give a hard date for the 3D Classics collection), that pretty much ensures that we're going to be doing the whole stupid song and dance we went though for SMT 4 for everything else Atlus related in the future.