Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Found a complete copy of Nocturne at a gamestop, only problem is I don't want to start it cause P2P is coming out in a month, and I know I won't be done with it yet and don't want to get SMT'd out. Life is full of hardships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Anyone ever played Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner? It says its by the same guy who made SMT. Any good?

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

tooooooo bad posted:

loving what :psyduck:

This basically sums up my feelings.
Never in a million years did I expect something like this to be dropped. A loving fighting game?! When the FF series announced Dissidia I barely bat a eyelash, but I had to reread this news a few times for it to sink in.
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the anime fighting genre recently (or at all), but it just seems like such a small audience to be selling too. Unless this gets extremely high praise, it'll most definitely be a bargin bin buy for me.

However, P4P is awesome news. Ever since I got a real job, I haven't had enough time to play console RPG's, and now that my backlog is getting ported, I couldn't be happier.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Policenaut posted:

Holy crap this Aigis shot is so awesome!
Oh, and knock it off with all the replies. I went away for 45 mins and come back to 70 new posts!

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Rinkles posted:

Demons' Souls multiplayer interactivity in a staunchly single player SMT game seems like an odd but kinda exciting idea.

I was thinking it'd be more like a hint based system, kind of like the messages in Demons Souls. Like you send out a WiFi SOS and someone sends make a message listed from a long list of messages. Like, "use darkness on this floor" or something to that effect.
Having a buddy system in the dungeon would be pointless. Also, a turn based multiplayer sounds kind of boring.

Allarion posted:

The fact wi-fi is even being used is making me heavily intrigued about what they're changing up for the Vita version of P4.

I think its more them just testing out the hardware and probably is just going to have a plain feature for it. Kind of like how Dragon Quest 9 had a big Wifi Enabled feature, but really all it was was you being able to tell if someone in the same area as you was also playing the game. Maybe you could link up and trade or something, idk, I may be missing something.

casual poster fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 31, 2011

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Mumblyfish posted:

What hints could you possibly drop in Persona 4? It doesn't have a terribly deep or difficult combat system, and the dungeons are almost entirely identical. There'd be one massively highly rated message outside the first dungeon: "Use the three buffs and debuffs and you'll basically win by default." After that, nothing.

No idea to tell you the truth. Never played P4, but in P3 each section of the dungeon usually had demons of the same 2-3 classes, so I'd just fuse a persona with their weaknesses and use them.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Wow, are those really the vita screens? They look beautiful. I haven't been paying attention to the vita until now. Wow.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Policenaut posted:

Also getting harder to dodge spoilers here :mad: Yes I am one of the few people who never played P4 why do you ask.

Your not alone buddy.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just noticed your username. You actually haven't played this game? Your one of the main guys whose posts I look for in japanese related gaming news/advice. Welp, this completely makes my world crumble. In my mind, you and Melvin the Jerk have played every single japanese game EVER.

casual poster fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 1, 2011

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

tooooooo bad posted:

Well guys you see Persona games created in the last decade are actually popular so obviously I need to take every possible opportunity to point out how superior these old games that no one cares about are. You know, because it makes me look cool.

I liked persona before it became cool.

Alteisen posted:

What's a good level to fight the reaper in P3P.

I beat him at around 60ish, basically I used the cheese method where I used Odin's thunder reign which caused him to lose a turn and made you do a "all out attack". Only catch is, you have to get the right turn order, as in MC + 2 supporters than Reaper.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You wanna go phys if you're planning on doing the True Demon end, if not you can really just go with whatever.

My impressions of the different endings is just that one is sad, happy and neutral. Am I right?

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

ImpAtom posted:

I normally am a sucker for that kind of stuff, it just didn't work in Persona 3 for me. :smith:

Not really. Aside from neutral, they embody different philosophies. (And even neutrality kind of does that.)

Anywhere I can read up on this? It sounds really interesting.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Ambrotos posted:

:words:

bit posted:

The 6(!) different paths are all explained pretty well here. Massive spoilers obviously.

Ahh, alright, thank you. I'll have to read through that after beating the game.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
So is anyone going to make a persona 2 thread? It's gonna be my first time playing it on tuesday so I know I'm gonna have alot of questions.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
awesomeeeeeee

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Can someone direct me to a site that would show me what all the abbreviations in Persona 2 IS are, for the battle systems? As in, what do st and sw mean? (Btw, I know those mean strike and sword, I was just using them as a reference).

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
In Nocturne, does it matter how many characters are in my party? As in, does the exp get split between my party, or do they all get the same amount? (didn't they do this in persona 3 or 4? That's the only reason I'm asking, I hope it was a thing that happened and I'm not just being crazy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

El Belmondo posted:

I believe it does not get split.

Ahhh, thank you.
Also, what is the thingy in the upper left of my screen? I know it relates to the moon but I forget it's actual name and I want to look up info on it.