Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Strange Matter posted:

The idea of a 3DS Persona game is something that I don't think my body could handle. It would be like literal crack to me. I would become pale and emaciated and found dead two weeks later clutching the 3DS in a pool of my own fluids.

I can't wait for a SMT 3DS Dungeon crawler. I hope they put that fancy new hardware to good use by making some nice demon sprites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
As cool as a P4P would be, I wish they would concentrate in Persona 5 already. It's been almost 4 years is P4 came out and we haven't heard anything about 5.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Lance Streetman posted:

Ripped Battle theme from Devil Survivor 2. I can't see the comments, but I'm going to assume that they're full of spoilers.

Here is the battle map theme

I think the SMT series is the only one where I look foward to the OST as much as the game. Speaking of which does anyone know when the non preorder Devil Survivor 2 Soundtrack will be released?

[e] Does any battle theme in 2 come close to coldheartedness?

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Is Nocturne even beatable without debuffs?

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Grand Gigas posted:

Oh, that I know. But still, I don't find his refusal to say sorry as childish. It makes sense that'd he'd be mad, since biblically, God refused his sacrifice only because it was vegetables, and God looooves blood. I mean, there are some versions that point out his crops being lovely, but whose fault is that?

What, really? It not even like he's going to loving eat them anyway so why would that matter? :psyduck:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Grand Gigas posted:

But hey, is there anymore news for Devil Survivor 2? I'm excited about the look of the demons that come every few days. I love the abstract, crystalline look. Justice, any more info you can give us? Eh, Eh?

I just want to know when the ost comes out. From the tracks I've been listing to on youtube it sounds like 2 will have a better soundtrack than the first imo.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Technique posted:

Of course, REAL fans buy both Nocturne albums and the, like, three or four Persona 3 albums. :colbert:

I have two of the live albums :smug:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

"Peaceful days died, let's survive" ....Did they change the tagline? I could have sworn it sounded a lot less awkward in the original. Also I thought one of the new features were the "breathing" sprites from Strange Journey, but at least in the tutorial battle they're the old static ones still.

I think the last one was "Peaceful days are over, let's survive"

Sorta bummed out about the sprites though :(

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

jonjonaug posted:

First time I started up the game I went back and forth in the 3DS menu about a dozen or so times just to hear that over and over. :3:

So far I'm enjoying it. The voice acting isn't bad, but it certainly isn't Digital Devil Saga or Persona 4 quality.

There's 3D in the fusion scene, but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

They could have at least made the stat screens on top have a little 3D

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Oh god, a souped up nocturne remake would be the best thing ever.

(It's kinda weird nocturne hasn't really had a remake (excluding maniac and the devil summoner 2 thing) considering it's the best non-spinoff SMT game.

[e] I found a bug in devil survivor. Makara with two stars don't have a title (like "stupid maltora")

[e2] When does the new demons come into play? I haven't seen any so far.

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 25, 2011

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

fount of knowledge posted:

Like twenty.

Ahh, so that's why I haven't seen any yet. Jesus, they could have at least put in 50 new demons.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I kinda hope it's persona 4 remastered for the ps3 with extra doodads like fes.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Policenaut posted:

ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKING PERSONA 4 FIGHTING GAME

2D fighting games published by Arc System Works and Atlas.
The arcade version is running in the spring of 2012, will be released in the summer of 2012 Xbox360 and PS3.

- "Persona 4" story describing the incident that occurred two months after the
 bear → sponsored (?) to "P-1 Grand Prix" will appear in a wrestling program
development • "Bray Blue Team"
- "4" In addition to "3" character from the race
known characters • Current
 hunger Yu (Izanagi) Chie Satonaka / (Tomoe) /
 Yosuke Hanamura (Jiraiya) / Aegis (Athena) / current development of the next title numbering preparation for completion. Mr. Katsura Hashino director, character designer Chengji Mr. Soejima, main composer in charge of Mr. Shoji Meguro.

poo poo, they should have just made a general SMT fighting game.

Goddamn I suck at fighting games but this will be day one.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I want an SMT all stars fighter not just Persona :argh:

I swear to god there had better be a demi-fiend dlc pack.

(I hope they add some kind of elemental weakness system)

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I swear I was thinking about how cool a JUMP style game with SMT characters would be a few months ago.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Policenaut posted:

Andriasang has pieced it all together

The fighting game is a Persona 3/4 crossover fighter.

Wow, they haven't even started on P5 yet. I wonder how long it's going to be until it comes out.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Justice posted:

I enjoyed GG and BB but I didn't like how Arc System handled the Sengoku Basara fighting game, so it's difficult for me to get excited over this. Unless they have the Persona handle like Stands, and then I think we can go hog wild :kakashi:

The JoJo system seems like the best way to handle personas.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

FINALmasa posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?

The JUMP superstar games are pretty good.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Radish posted:

Persona 5 is the next generation's Duke Nukem Forever.

So the MC will be busting out the rape jokes?

:dukedog: "sorry mother harlot, you're hosed"

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Goddamn, that fighting game is beautiful.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Fan requested feature: Nanako as a party member.

Fan requested feature: 100 hour Nanako RPG (that europe won't get)

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Technique posted:

Breaking News: Atlus announces Nocturne remake, Demifiend can now date Angel, Lilith, and Nekomata, among others!

Pixie is the only one for the demi-fiend. She stayed with you from the beginning to the very end, unlike some other "friends" :colbert:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
I like negotiations :shobon:

It makes sense too- Demons are motivated by self interest show you are strong enough to get behind and pay them and they have no problem fighting for your cause*. I like the idea of having allies instead of pokemon-like monsters that fight to the death for you for no reason.

The first Raidou made no sense beacuse you basically kidnapped them. What preventing them from clawing off your face when you summoned them the next time?

*Unless they're dicks who cheat you out of your money :mad:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Rentrent posted:

Also, even though they're apparently motivated by self-interest, they are perfectly happy with some random human destroying any consciousness and identity they have in order to be thrown into some metaphysical blender with some other jackass to make a brand new dude.

That's pretty much self interest too since they become a stronger demon.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Relin posted:

Atlus going back on their claim of never making a P4P. Arc System Works should be making a new GG instead of a dumb RPG fighting game. Fighting game on 360/PS3 instead of P5 quicker. Seems pretty cut and dry.

Atlus didn't make a p4p :smug:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Cityinthesea posted:

the trailer for the fighting game is out on youtube and it looks CRAZY. Also Kanji and Yukiko confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuVCDMKY_oA&feature=player_embedded

Yep, the personas are totally stands.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Dolphin Fetus posted:

It always struck me as strange that parents and religious fundamentalists never attacked these games like they do with GTA or military shooter #44. Obviously the most controversial(SMT2) game was never released here but geeze..I've seen tons of fundies say how pokemon is satanic. So, what I'm getting at is that I did a bored google search and found this webpage:

http://guide2games.org/2008-reviews/991/shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes/

Persona 3 and DDS got a 2/5 christian rating, makes you wonder what he'd rate Nocturne :v:

I kinda wanted to pull quotes from the "adult content" section, but he :spergin: about high pixie's nipples for too long.

[e] I'm disappointed he doesn't have a no more heroes review.

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 8, 2011

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

MelvinTheJerk posted:

The Persona 4 t-shirt was awesome and something I'd easily wear out in public if they had it in my size.

I wouldn't mind wearing the Cathrine one in public.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The thing that always bothered me was, how does Aigis wear shoes with her pointy robot feet?

I imagine she switches them out like her gun hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Sony pre-TGS press conference just ended, and in the list of games/franchises expected to be on Vita within a year of launching, one of the entries was Shin Megami Tensei. Speculation time!

Isn't that going to be the P4 remake?