Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chie is really the only character that should be the highest tier possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

I admit I wouldn't be sad if Naoto was mysteriously absent from this port.

I would, but that's because I'm gonna get tired of kicking the poo poo out of people as Chie and I need someone else to enjoy before going back to poo poo Slapping with Chie Satonaka.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justice posted:

Yeah, Persona is a franchise that doesn't have a hard enough time being taken seriously. What it really needs is an unbalanced joke of a fighting game to really drive the point home.

At least it would be fun and gain a better reputation for the series than "Robot sexual innuendo."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justice posted:

I know you guys are too cool to like certain aspects of the game, but those aspects are the reason they were able to remake it twice and sell nearly combined million copies. I guess it's like democracy, there always has to be some vocal minority crying out against what works for everyone else.

That "everyone else" happens to be the same people who are jumping with joy for the bath scene being animated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justice posted:

Yeah, it's almost like games weren't made for you personally :ironicat:

I guess I'm a bad fan for not liking the awful fanservice, excuse me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Considering that is after they meet Joker and see their demon, you should not be missing anything. After seeing an evil clown bastard appear from cell phones and some monsters fighting for you, I think a regular demon wouldn't surprise anyone.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even know what we're arguing about. I'm saying that I don't like the fanservice and it seems to me like Justice is saying that I should just deal with it and not complain because it sells the game or something like that but I'm sure that's not the point he's trying to make, so I'm confused.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just going to say that just because I hate the fanservice does not mean I don't like the game, I was just very jarred by it and don't think it should be animated but whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would much rather date Nyx, sir.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agnostic watermelon posted:

Pixie is the only one for the demi-fiend. She stayed with you from the beginning to the very end, unlike some other "friends" :colbert:

She even gets her own room if you carry her through the whole game with you, it's pretty much canon guys.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aquans posted:

The bath part of the game is where the girls talk about how smooth and milky Naoto's skin is and how she doesn't have any flab. They start feeling her up and stuff too if I'm remembering correctly. That's why I was rolling my eyes at that screenshot and wondering if they were going to fanservice it up some more.

That is exactly what happened in that scene.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They release in Winter and it'll probably be a while before Golden is translated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No seriously, just buy the better version later.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey I want a new Raidou game dammit, I need those sideburns in my life again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay guys, the portal is up.

http://p-atlus.jp/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like dating sims but I put up with it in P3 and P4 because some of the characters are pretty good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Calling Shinjiro "pretty good" is an insult to him

I still haven't done Shinjiro's man, don't you dare.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona fightan' being developed by the Blazblue team is not really a god send.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Okay... and?

EDIT: Anyways, I joined MegaTen with DDS2 and then continued from there and even picked up some of the older games. I love Digital Devil Saga because of the story, characters and it's actually a pretty fun game to play despite having the hardest boss in Megaten history. Raidou follows DDS as my favorite MegaTen series because the game is a pretty good action-rpg with a decent story and I find it a lot of fun.

Plus Raidou's sideburns are amazing.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 2, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justice posted:

For one thing, they report that more units were sold than were actually printed. :psyduck:

Well hell, if there's enough demand then copies will just poof into existence.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have other games to buy, as much as I love P2 I need to save up for Batman and Saints Rows the Third.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How pretty is the box?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

Kinda pretty.

That's very pretty.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Then they'll remake the remakes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

214 tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOUSRacNFw&t=7s

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll take that Persona 4 port and fighting game with a Naoto, Adachi and a bear.

...I pray that fighting game has 2 of those 3 things.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 3, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I was playing P3P and my friend asks me what game I'm playing.

"It's called Persona."
"What's it about?"
"You kill demons by shooting yourself in the head."
"Really?! Dude, that's pretty metal."
"Yeah, look at this guy. He's a skeleton with scythe."
"Holy poo poo!"

It's great to have friends who react to games like these with such awe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Hey folks. I've been playing the 3DS SMT game a lot and it's my first SMT game, but I already kind of finding myself craving more. All the different mini-series confuse me. What game should I buy??

Ummm, depends. What interests you most out of what you've seen so far?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Nocturne sounds about right.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cityinthesea posted:

the trailer for the fighting game is out on youtube and it looks CRAZY. Also Kanji and Yukiko confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuVCDMKY_oA&feature=player_embedded

This looks more like Arcana Heart than it does JoJo.

EDIT: So what? Is it like, only a P4 fighter but with Aigis as an extra character? Because it really doesn't seem like a crossover beyond that.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 8, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 1. Mind you they are all tedious to play but P3 and P4 are a bit less tedious because the actual battle mechanic is handled well enough.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess I played P2 wrong then because my priority was getting the advanced persona while holding myself over with any Persona I got from cards until I got them. Then I just went through the game wrecking poo poo with the advanced Persona.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well there is no move better than a giant fist coming from the sky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Use cheats and then get yourself the best Persona and just mow through the story, that's what I did on my second playthrough and I found the game far more enjoyable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Something I never got in Persona 3. Why exactly is it that they thought that Aegis would fit into the school perfectly? Wouldn't that thing on her head and her way of speaking sort of throw suspicion onto her?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

They told everyone she's from Wisconsin and explained that everyone in Wisconsin wears weird headbands, speaks in a stilted tone, and binds their feet to look like they have peg legs. And then everyone in school agreed that people from Wisconsin are weird.

Well poo poo, I guess I'm just weird too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I got the Neutral ending because the three alignments were monumentally retarded (or at least the humans supporting them were). Felt it was a pretty solid ending, all things being equal. If I play through it again I'll probably go for the TDE I guess.

TDE is the only other worthwhile ending and it's mainly because out of that, you get an extra boss, Dante from Devil May Cry and the ending is kind of awesome if completely loving loopy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iceclaw posted:

How was he whining about here? I mean, yeah, he did, at the beginning of the game, up to the point he confront his shadow, but afterward, I don't recall him commenting on the fact she hated him. If anything, Yosuke's motivation to catch her killer instead of just ditching it because she "hated" him, because that's the right thing to do is one of his more admirable characteristics.

The relationship between Chidori in Junpei, in my opinion was pretty badly written: Chidori's death was pretty melodramatic, and on the whole, I could not get past the fact Junpei kept on coming to see Chidori at the Hospital. It gave some slightly stalkerish vibes to their relationship.

So essentially what you're saying is that even though Yosuke used his classmate's death (One he knew personally) as an excuse to play hero and then said "Okay, I'm going to be a decent person for a minute" then he's completely redeemable and admirable? But Junpei going to take care of a girl he trusted and had strong emotions for despite what she had done to him to previously is somehow creepy? That doesn't seem really fair.

I hate Yosuke, I've hated him since I first played the game. He spends a good part of the game whining and bitching about every little situation that he is either directly responsible for or isn't even related to. He's a jackass to Kanji about his problems, he's poked fun at Naoto for her problems too, he's not thoughtful of the girls wishes at all and his entire S. Link can be summarized in "This place bores the hell out of me but I guess I'll stay." He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh well poo poo, my bad. Let me go back and spoiler half of that crap.

Does Saki's death count? Because that happens like 2 hours into the game.