Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

Also in further copy/pasted from tumblr news:

Seven deadly sins. 'Irritum' means 'useless.' Cavum means 'depression' (as in a low point in the ground, but they might have gotten the meanings mixed up.)

Later on you can see some bars with those words, so maybe a deadly sins gameplay element? Or your party members are meant to represent them?

Maybe it's over-analyzing, but why is Ira/Wrath the only one that's backwards? Maybe if the sins are applied to characters, it's the antagonist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Wait a second...seven deadly sins...

We're returning to the series' roots! Shin Megami Tensei: if...

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Reminds me of the uniform in SMT if...

the hell is up with those pants?

All of the if... and 1/2 references... is 5 a return (or at least, have a more direct connection) to the old Persona universe?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Caidin posted:

Since Teddie already handled the mystery mascot gig, I'd kinda like it if Morgana was just the MC's pet who got dragged into the Persona shenanigans with him.

They could do it again, but you know, actually do it well.

"Who IS Teddie? This mysterious creature in the TV world?"

"...Well, it turns out he's a shadow."

"Whoa! But we fought his shadow version as a boss. Who was that then? Who is Teddie a shadow of? Why is he nice?"

"...Uh...it doesn't matter at all. Let's not think about it at all. Let's continue searching for the incredibly obvious killer."

This is one of the reasons I don't know how people can say Persona 4 has a better story than 3. Characters and gameplay? Certainly. But story? At least P3 was able to wrap up everything in a nice enough bundle.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Almost every single shadow in game is just formed from collective conscious gunk. Like every random encounter monster is a shadow made from nothing that are not tied to anyone. Shadow's don't all come from specific people. Teddie's just a weak, simple shadow that isn't aggressive and eventually becomes his own truly introspective and sentient being, that's how he becomes human and manifests his own shadow/persona. Literally every scene with him pre-Rise is him learning about people and starting to doubt his own abilities and his place in his world, hence Shadow Teddy being a big hollow monster that talks about how pointless life is. It's the most blatant and spelled out character arc in this game written for babies and you'd have to ignore hours of text to not get that.

I was originally responding to someone who was hoping that the new cat character wouldn't be a focus of mystery, since Teddie already did that. My point was that no, even if Teddie was mysterious at first, the "answer" to his mystery was boring and didn't really tie into the plot. It looks they're going to do it right this time, since the cat will actually have something to do with the overall theme/mystery.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Moltrey posted:

(Maybe those games actually are unfun to play, I dunno, but they have so much style and I'm real interested in em)

The final dungeon killed all interest I had in finishing the game :(

I still recommend it though. Just play the Personas and the main series first.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
hey did anyone else notice a lack of both Shin megami tensei AND fire emblem?

this is bullshit and i'm definetely not buying the game now. I mean, I probably wasnt going too before, but now it is a certainty.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Kanji dances like a dad.

He is a dad didnt you hear about our marriage?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Terper posted:

Persona 5‘s release window has been revealed as an October to December 2015 launch, both in Japan and North America.

Ah, I remember back when the release window was December 2014. I wonder if they got it right this time?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

summer needs to come sooner so I can marathon this game and die happy

L-O-loving-L if you think the game is coming out this year.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

The countdown will end and then it'll say that Persona 5 has been cancelled.

I hope it is cancelled. Then we'll never have to think about this stupid, endlessly delayed poo poo ever again.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
With a gay and furry option Persona 5 will be the most progressive Persona yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

IceBorg posted:

Here's the complete version

From what I have been told you can romance every female s.link you get besides two of then.

hahaha the loving cat is there. does that mean what i think it means?