Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Woot, I finally, finally got my hands on Digital Devil Saga! Been looking for it for forever.

In most SMT games I usually go for a Vitality - Magic build with some emphasis on strength, but I get the feeling that this might not be a very good idea in DDS due to the devour system and the fact that, so far, it seems I have permanent party members with predetermined specialties. (like...that girl seems like the magic caster, Heat seems like a physical kind of guy) Does it matter what build I give Serph? Kind of weird playing an SMT game with no demon fusions, but so far I'm liking DDS. The story seems like it's shaping up to be really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

So as someone who's never played FF7/FF8, should I get them? I've played FF Tactics, FF3, FFX, and FF13, and enjoyed FFX/Tactics the most out of those.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Well poo poo, I thought this was the steam thread. I'm embarrassed now.

On the topic of P5 I wonder if these are the only party members we get. I remember P4 introducing them all at once I think...

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Does anybody romance any of the P4 girls that aren't party members or de facto main characters like Marie?

I did! Ai Ebihara of the Moon social link is the best. Only one you can reverse, only one where you have a possibility of breaking up. I remember I really liked how dynamic her social link was, and how much she develops as a character. It was the only one with two paths as well as I recall.

The girl with her father in the hospital is the drama girl from the Sun social link I think. She was okay.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Nah Souji Seta is still Souji Seta in my heart. I don't know this...'Yu Narukami' person.

Pft...what next, people taking away Minato Arisato?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

CJ posted:

I don't like my virtual friends in P5 as much as in P4. That's the only reason i like P4 more, but P5 is still better.

Same, my P4 friends owned and are lifelong whereas my P5 friends are like the kind of people I meet in summer camp and I hang out with them while I'm there but the moment I leave summer camp is the moment they fade from my memory. P4 friends are the summer camp friends that last yo.

I also like the music of P4 more though, and even some of the menus. P5 got too visually busy at times. The dungeons are definitely better though.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Agree, in my opinion P5 had one of the strongest openings, as it got you into the action relatively quickly and there's tension, with Kamoshida and the protagonist being an outcast at the new high school.

Immediately after Kamoshida though the story takes a big nosedive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Oh poo poo Nocturne....what a good game. Hype for the new SMT as well, but I just have so many good memories playing Nocturne. Can't wait to get back into it on the Switch!