Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
No, and there are a few websites where you can stillmget fairly old Atlus games for fair prices. I found brand new copies of Nocturne on a site. Picked up one of those babies faster than you can burn your bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Couch Life posted:

Could you share a link? I've been interested in picking up another copy of Nocturne since I sold mine a few years ago.

Um. Is it allowed? there is no mention in the rules but I will take the chance.

https://www.azomax.com is an excellent website, I was able to get nocturne, p3/4 and both DDS games for 34.99 each. brand loving new, too. with the 4 dollar shipping it arrives within the week you order.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Grand Gigas posted:

I'm not saying that God is a giant vampire or some monster or something. What I'm saying is that the whole point of sacrifice tended to revolve around killing things (that have blood) in the name of one's arch-deity. It makes sense, because blood held the God-given mysterious life-force. Back in the day, a blood sacrifice was required in order for forgiveness; although it wasn't the olny way, it seemed the most common and effective. I'm not being an Internet Atheist, just pointing out the actual beliefs of the ancient Hebrews.

But hey, is there anymore news for Devil Survivor 2? I'm excited about the look of the demons that come every few days. I love the abstract, crystalline look. Justice, any more info you can give us? Eh, Eh?

Some dude spoiled it for me, unfortunately, and I dislike the look of the invaders. They remind me ofthe angels from Evangelion. Which makes sense, because they were designed by the same person.

So how does people feel about the social links?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
I'm extremely disappointed that this wasn't posted yet.

Anyway, the game doesn't look that 'remastered'. Although I don't know, it's a grainy youtube video, not a crisp 3DS screen.

The voice acting is pretty much on line with the Persona series, so I dunno why everyone is freaking out over it being bad. It's not like Teddie had such good delivery.

So who's picking this up? :)

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Artix74 posted:

Yeah, no animated sprites, sadly. The voices aren't as bad as I thought so far, the only one that's really bad is Naoya's. At least it's good to see them keeping up the tradition of kicking your face in on the first day. loving Ogre/Kobold/Ogre teams will wreck your poo poo in the beginning, and doubly so if they attack you because of Aggravate.

You found that difficult? Really? I mean Atsuro basically skullfucks those teams with his agi/zio combo. Yuzu is backing up for heals and the hero is a tank.

At least so far I have found that to be the case. So has anyone here got any good suggestions for a MAG build? I want to be a fire-slinging powerhouse of death.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

"Peaceful days died, let's survive" ....Did they change the tagline? I could have sworn it sounded a lot less awkward in the original. Also I thought one of the new features were the "breathing" sprites from Strange Journey, but at least in the tutorial battle they're the old static ones still.

The battles are too static to feature that. Also, disappointed there is no 3D.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Suaimhneas posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that a company that doesn't publish their games outside japan and north america decided to put this game on the only handheld that's region locked, and it doesn't even use that handheld's unique features? No reason it couldn't have been on DS?

Marvellous work, Atlus. Brilliant. :bravo:

The 3DS library isn't that big, so they clearly rushed this one out to take asvantage ofmthe games vaccum.

I shat myself when I went to the gamestop and there were like 99999 people there. I don't know wny, ut I thught they were all upjumped for Devil Survivor. Nope, Deus Ex.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Fooley posted:

So I finally get over this weird aversion to JRPGs I've had, and the SMT games are my favorites so far. Someone traded in like all the PS2 ones to Gamestop, but when I go back only persona 3 and 4 are left. Then some guy puts some up on my local CL, but he wants collector's prices for them.

I just can't justify $75 for the one's he has left, although I may go for Nocturne at $25.

Earlier in the thread I posted a link has all the SMT games, brand new, for 34.99 each.

Except for Raidou Kuzunoha games which are pretty drat expensive.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Ryanbomber posted:

People can still hate certain parts of games while liking the game as a whole. In this case it's robot fingerbanging and pedophilia!

I still bought P3P after hearing about Ken's S. Link, and I'll still buy P4G when it comes out (if I get a Vita) even with the goofy new character and the animated scenes. That won't stop me from griping about it to any nearby nerds, though.

I'm mildly excited for the fighting game, half for the "what the gently caress" factor and half because I like Arcsys fighters. I just hope it's actually balanced. How they're handing Blazblue isn't exactly giving me faith :smith:
Just finished P3P as a male. I saw no fingerfucking or pedophilia. what the heck are you talking about?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Pedophilia is in the female route, and I guess you didn't do Aigis' s link.

I just looked that poo poo up. WHAT THE gently caress?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Doorselfin posted:

GameSpot has their review of Innocent Sin PSP up, and the results aren't great. Seems like it copped a lot of the criticisms of the first Persona remake:

http://au.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/persona2tsumi/review.html

Yeah, I was laughing at the earlier post with the 'sperg ranting about how p2 was so much better. I also played it when I was younger, and I thought it was a goddamn messy grindfest. When P3 came out, I was extremely wary, because of how much I hated P2. Thank christ P3 was ten times the game the original was.

So who wants a vita?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

TurnipFritter posted:

No, these are definitely problems in P3 and P4. Yeah, they don't explicitly use isometric angles, but cutscenes are usually framed in a static, boring way so that everyone is visible all at once. The character models are stiff and awkward, and that's why they rely on using the aforementioned bigass character portraits to show emotions instead of the models.

(These are problems with the entire Persona series and are not meant to comment on the quality or lack of quality present in other games Atlus has released. Hopefully P5 will change things up now that they've had a go with Catherine.)

Dude, what is your issue? P3/4 are, in overall terms, better than P1 and P2. They are more enjoyable, a smoother ride, with less endless grinding and more enjoyxability. Sure they are gonna milk the Datijg sim poo poo forever, but so is Bioware, and Im betting dimes to dollars you own all of their twisted nethers.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Agnostic watermelon posted:

That's pretty much self interest too since they become a stronger demon.

Really? I just assumed they died.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

TurnipFritter posted:

P3 and P4 require tons of grinding. You have to grind out your stats and SLink experience. All those "You spent the evening studying!" and "You and (Character) spent the afternoon talking. You feel like your relationship will improve soon!" messages? That's grinding.

No, it's not.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

TurnipFritter posted:

Cool, if that's the case, then Persona 2 doesn't have any grinding at all. :)

Wow, you are pretty in denial arent you?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Relin posted:

Atlus going back on their claim of never making a P4P. Arc System Works should be making a new GG instead of a dumb RPG fighting game. Fighting game on 360/PS3 instead of P5 quicker. Seems pretty cut and dry.

There is an interview on IGN where they explain that since P3P not only smash sales expectations, but apparantly 30% of p3p players had never played a Persona game before, they would be stupid NOT to. And I cannot see why this is a big deal to you. Just relax bro, it's a cashin port. You personally do not HAVE to buy it. I mean, I am, because my boyfriend already bought a vita via preorder. But it's all up to you.
ED: see, thats what is really important. Bringing in new players. Who honestly cares if mr.'persona 2 is better because its more reptitive, tedious and boring' wants the series to remain unacessible to newbies. We gotta make them duckets somehow folks.

HarveyVdarski fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 2, 2011

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Policenaut posted:

But they are making Persona 5. That's a thing they've said they're doing.

And Atlus isn't even making the fighting game, they're just doing some assistance with Arc System Works who's making the whole thing.

So who thiks they're going to make the cutscenes more like Catherine?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Alteisen posted:

Go on the days Fuuka says Tartarus is unstable and just run around till get a floor where all the enemies are really powerful, then get the exp thing in the cards, make sure you kill all the encounters with either the MC or in an all out attack.

Or you can just go to the Persona 3 wiki and look up the boss levels and make each party member that level.

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski

Aquans posted:

Rise is way better than Yukiko's boring rear end.

How does it feel to be a misogynist?

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
Yukiko is basically the definition of femininity. She represents everything you fear about women. Youd like her if she was some braindead BAKADESUNE slut who fed you sushi and wept with joy when you remembered her name.

In fact, I would venture forth that Yukiko Amagi is a portrait of Japanese feminism. I wrote my WMST paper on her. Got an A+.

HarveyVdarski fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 19, 2011

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
Guys, d you think that Persona 5 will be darker...or lighter?

P4 has better scores, but P3 has better sales.

So...will it be a dark and depressing HD joyfest? Or will it be a bright and zany videogame.

Im asking if you guys think I should cry like a bitch and get over it immediately(P4) or stay awake at night for weeks wishing I had actually died(P3)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarveyVdarski
Aug 19, 2011

by Pipski
Well arguably P4 was a dumbing down of the P3 gameplay. With the exception of the best chsracter ever's shadow, the bosses were all like, insanely easy. I beat Naoto's shadow on my first try, with half HP/SP party, and I used a god drat black frost to do it.

(Actually I forget if Black Frost is still a good persona at that point. I dunno, but I used thst BF all the way to the final boss.)