Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There are strong rumors persona 3/4/5 are getting switch ports announced in the next week

I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kild posted:

gonna emulate it on my deck instead

nice

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Smirking_Serpent posted:

is it common to hate all of the main NPCs?

yup! theyre all wretched bastards. nice work!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

To be a bit more serious, I'm gonna quote myself from...wow, over a year ago now.

I wish they had done more with Chiaki, but Nocturne absolutely does do its stylistic, very minimal storytelling exceptionally well. The reason I want more Chiaki is because I thoroughly enjoy the tiny bit of what they gave us.

The voice-acting in the remaster adds an extra layer to all this, too.
"I was chosen to be here. That's what I believe, and that's how I'm going to carry myself."

To me, it reads like this broken girl is willing herself to believe in this fate, this destiny, because she needs to in order to keep herself going.

But that's just how everyone has to live. A Reason is a worldview and in that sense, every one of us in the real world has our own Reason. That's what it means to be human - to look at this meaningless world and give it meaning. We might not live through apocalypses but it's what gets us through our own struggles and makes them bearable.

I viewed at the time SMT3 as Isolation Horror. mainly a RPG counterpart to Metroid Prime I felt back then? the whole idea of being trapped absolutely beyond the pale and the protag having only their keen wits and sheer determination to see them through while things progressively go even more to hell. very character driven yet very lonely like Alien or The Thing. ppl much smarter than me have likely expounded upon this better but thats just off the top of my head. SMT4 is way dif because Isabeau and the Neutral humans are my friends.

moreover:

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope the SMT tradition of "characters developing completely insane beliefs in between cutscenes for no apparent reason" continues onward into the future.

:hmmyes:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't think so, it's too bad that guy rocks

lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
thinking about messing around with another playthrough of SMTV

whats the trick to getting the Chaos Miracle at the end again? just pick the rudest dialog options? thats typically the second one right?

also, is there a canon or semicanon name for the Nahobino? from like a radio show or manga or something

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 15, 2023

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah, was curious. I went with Jack Elden :patriot:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

Is that a scarvoi gang tag?

yup! check out the Pokemon thread rn

I love digital demons and pocket monsters

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Whats this about SMT 5 on PC? I assume its gonna happen bc of the Microsoft/Sega partnership, but all I can source is weird AI clickbait. Id get a Steam Deck just for this for the graphical upgrade and achievements alone

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

I want to hold Mothman. I want to be Mothman's friend.

I respect that

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I always dismissed Mothman bc irl pretty much the worst type of backstory a cryptid can get and an even worse Richard Gere movie, but I have been shown the truth. Mothman? Best demon in SMT.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I watched Beetlejuice and got to the part where hes the snake and had a moment remembering that hes in SMT2

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I just couldnt do Anarchy, it was too stressful

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I always had a soft spot for Nozomi even tho shes a doofus bc SMT4 Apocalypse turned a throwaway questgiver character from SMT4 into a full companion and examples of that in video game sequels and sequels in media in general are uncommon at best so Im a fan! ..and yeah her Fairy Queen/Cyberpunk Demon Hunter look is real neato actually

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

I am critical of both SMTIV and V and particularly their alignment reps, but I do have to admit "this guy beat me up 30 years ago so I need to fuse with a demon" is pretty weak as far as motivations go. Like, I understand the world ended and is full of demons now and Ozawa is also a tyrant brainwashing and killing folks, but Chaos Hero's grudge all stems from Ozawa bullying him. Now he's gone. Kind of a weak arc there, friend. I didn't expect too much from the game, of course, but just gotta say.

I would fuse with a demon for far less than that wtf

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I like videogame music a lot but I also generally like music a lot and I have fun comparing a videogame soundtrack to a genre - smt4 is clearly synth wave/dark wave stuff and there are bands you’d love if you want something similar

I never figured out what the cool ominous reverse chanting of strange journey is similar to

tell me the bands 👀

SMT4, and 4A amd 5 if u got any ideas!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

studio mujahideen posted:

kaneko gets a pass

nah. this blows.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
These lovely NFTs should be taken at face value, because speculating on Kaneko is foolish.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Rinkles posted:

Maken, first or third person?

youre Maken me want to look up the kickass artwork for this game 👀

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Deified Data posted:

I'd rebuy SMTV for like $30-$40 just for the performance boost, but not full price

the memories of me travelling around the New England area searching random rear end storefronts for obscure PS1 Atlus games are amusing in hindsight now that digital has long since been the standard and Atlus games are on sale near constantly

rn, Im waiting for Persona 3 to go on sale in a month or two, or whatever

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

Teleport mazes rule

:stare:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the other Liliths are fine and all but that design is top tier

+1

agreedo

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I dont know what that post is talking about or cared to figure out if Yiik is good or bad but yes I would like Persona 2 Part 3

that would be rad

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
SMT3 reminds me of the feeling of getting lost and ending up someplace where you're REALLY not supposed to be

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Meowywitch posted:

my fav smt game is devil survivor and I bet thats an uncommon opinion lol

It's my son's favorite SMT game! It's a big part of Elder Gen Z nostalgia, it seems like?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I am going to bet the new 'beno is "Vengence Form/Mode/etc" and will be born after someone dies.

perhaps he'll true goddess metempsychosis himself for good this time

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the new Lilith design has five fingers

my powers of observation tell me that Kaneko's work is no longer that respected by the organization anymore