Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Justice posted:

2) Persona 4 sold pretty drat poorly in the west.

I could have sworn it broke Atlus sales records in the west and did mediocre in the east, but apparently it's the opposite. Can I blame the fact that it was basically the last PS2 game?

And who wouldn't want to date Teddie? What a guy :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Justice posted:

That's a good point, you'll still buy it anyway.

People can still hate certain parts of games while liking the game as a whole. In this case it's robot fingerbanging and pedophilia!

I still bought P3P after hearing about Ken's S. Link, and I'll still buy P4G when it comes out (if I get a Vita) even with the goofy new character and the animated scenes. That won't stop me from griping about it to any nearby nerds, though.

I'm mildly excited for the fighting game, half for the "what the gently caress" factor and half because I like Arcsys fighters. I just hope it's actually balanced. How they're handing Blazblue isn't exactly giving me faith :smith:

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Justice posted:

Buying the game is essentially voting with your money, and your vote is telling them what they're doing is alright. So you can either admit that for all your posturing you're still going to buy and enjoy the game, or stick to your convictions and not support a game that contains these kinds of unsavoury elements.

I wonder which will happen! :ironicat:

You can like the whole of a game while finding one part retarded. You really don't need to be absolute like that - it is possible to politely tell Atlus "hey this aspect is pretty dumb, I'd like it better if Naoto were to wear clothes all the time" or discuss it on an internet forum where you discuss things like video games and still buy the product (because otherwise it's pretty good).

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

P4A story mode desperately needed a bunch of shared chapters you only needed to view once. I really didn't need to see "character figures out rules of tournament" 12 times.

Also if you like fighting games the actual game is pretty great.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

How'd the Persona fighting game do for them, anyway?

It sold more in its first week than any other "normal" fighting game since the revival. Pretty good, all things considered.

I don't know about US sales, though.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have confusing feelings about this, on one hand Yukari is my second favorite P3 character and Junpei looks fun as hell on the other, I'm getting tired of Atlus milking the P3/P4 'verse like that.

Where's my Dissidia Megaten or the third Raidou Chapter Atlus? :saddowns:

I don't mind them letting Arcsys keep going with this, because the first one was pretty fun as a fighting game.

If they make another updated port, though... :sigh:

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Like the update that added Valkenhain, Trinity and Makoto to Blazblue?

Bummer, I was hoping for a true sequel :sigh:

I could see it hitting consoles as a full fighting game sequel, if they're really going for 4 characters. Wasn't that basically what Continuum Shift 2 ended up being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Freak Futanari posted:

I go outside, come back and see 420 new posts, think something cool got announced, and then skim the thread and realize that Atlus has found yet another way to disappoint me. Life is hard, and my hatred for P4 just keeps growing.

As someone who liked P4 enough to buy a Teddie avatar, yeah basically.

The worst part is that I'm starting to care less about all the stuff that at least tries to do something different (P4A or whatever) from all this overexposure. They really don't need to annualize remakes, and they sure as gently caress don't need to annualize anime adaptations. Give it a rest :negative: