Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
You have to max his S.Link out before it happens. You have like a month but he shows up most nights so it's not too difficult.

And no, I don't think so.

Schlegel Mach posted:

An anime game based on an anime based on an anime game.

My god.

It's anime all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

I fell down every single drat hole on E because I was all OCD about completing my map. Every single one.

Weirdly, it wasn't until F that I actually lost interest in the game.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Justice posted:

Even if that were the case, North America would be lucky to get it, considering how poorly Persona 4 sold here.

Well we got an English release of Catherine and we're getting one of Innocent Sin despite it never being released outside of Japan at all so I'm going to remain optimistic.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

FF13 is actually not that bad as far as trophies go, it's the only RPG I have all trophies/achievements/whatever on. You just have to grind like a bajillion turtles to get enough money to upgrade everything but compared to some games (White Knight Chronicles) it's pretty tame.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Nathander posted:

All things considered, if this is a P4 remake they're doing? I'm kinda "eh" on the idea of there being a female protagonist. While it would make the most sense in order to make the game have replayability, there was actual story precedent for a "female protagonist" route in P3.

There was? :confused:

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Just play the game already :colbert:

I bought Persona 3 three times and probably spent well over 200 hours on all versions combined and it was still worth it.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

That better freakin' be referring to the female route.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Armor-Piercing posted:

Third guess: Export Persona 4 soundtrack to Hastune Miku: Project Diva

I'd be down for this

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

I honestly don't even know what this argument is about anymore.

Fighting game looks awesome except that 90% of people online will be playing as Chie because gently caress yeah Chie.

Disappointed that there's no FMC route in P4G, I'm hoping that they'll add enough extra content to the game for it to still be worth spending another 80+ hours of my life playing through it again. I normally don't replay games at all (let alone freaking immense ones like P3/4) but the additions to P3P made it worthwhile so I hope they keep up the quality here.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Catalina posted:

Persona 4 is long, but it's pretty much made for multiple playthroughs. I don't think you'd be able to see all the non-main-plot-content unless you were sperging it out with a bunch of guides.

I'm actually kind of annoyed that if I pick up P4G I probably still won't be able to pick all those "you need to be on NG+ to choose this dialog option" choices since I'd be starting afresh with a new file. Atlus :argh:

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Honestly I'm probably not going to buy P2:IS. I liked EP at the time back when I was playing it in high school but I don't think I'd have the time to play it again today (and I assume IS is basically the same kind of thing). Plus for every cool part there was like a million hours of random encounters, grinding rank up on personas, using the same contact actions over and over and over and wandering around dungeons that were way too big for their own good. And yeah some of these things apply to P3 and P4 as well but they just do it a lot less tediously somehow.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Nessa posted:

In my own game I was really sad for Akihiko because he already lost Miki and was terribly depressed that he couldn't protect her and nearly lost Shinji (I saved him in my game!). Especially because Akihiko is so protective. "Watching you fight makes me angry because I'm worried about you. I don't want to lose you like I lost Miki." That made me break down too. :(

And Junpei already lost Chidori in such a heart wrenching way, I couldn't bear for him to lose his best friend too.

gently caress depressing endings.

God, I forgot about that. That just makes the ending even more :smithicide:

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

I think Persona 4: Midnight Arena works just fine.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

It's impossible to save yourself into a situation in which you are no longer able to get the best ending, so don't stress too much about preparation.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Wait, PSP games that suffered from performance problems actually perform better on the Vita? Does that mean the slowdown in FFT: War of the Lions is fixed as well?

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Well, that sucks. The new script is worth any amount of slowdown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

Len posted:

It's been something like three years since Nintendo announced region locking the 3DS how are people not over it yet?

It's going to continue being an issue for as long as the 3DS is around. I had to order in a US 3DS because of it instead of buying one locally and I'm going to be reminded of it every time I have to mail order my games instead of just buying them in a store. Still beats not being able to play SMT4 at all, though.

If it makes you feel any better, the inconvenience you face reading about it is considerably less than the inconvenience faced by people who actually have to deal with it.

Xythar fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 16, 2013