Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

rwhitegoose's goldeneye speedrun history videos are the best speedrun related content in a long rear end time

he sure knows a lot about the levels and can explain all of the tricks and improvements along with (spoilers) all of the insane moments surrounding them

Are there more videos out there like these or the World Record Progression series? I'm not a speedrunner but these videos are pretty fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Boogalo posted:

Welp, Chrono Cross 100% ended in an catastrophically unlikely way 20 hours in.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlacidGleamingSkunkSSSsss

What happened here? I haven't played Chrono Cross.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My wife's been waiting to vote fifteen minutes so far in a very racially diverse line.

Which is relevant to another thread I was trying to post in

Has she tried the barrier skip?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

So I am now sure that the new thread is going to be posted tomorrow. It currently has:

- Explanation of what speedrunning is and a highly abridged history of it.
- Links to the most important speedrunning websites.
- Information about the general goon speedrunning chats on IRC and Discord.
- List of example speedruns.
- Links to Summoning Salt's world record progression videos.
- Information about speedrunning marathons.
- Explanation of TASing.
- List of example TASes.
- Information on how to get started with speedrunning yourself, with links to the resources you need. (Maybe this should come before the TAS segment)
(currently planning on splitting the post here so the following will be in the second post, mostly with the idea that the stuff in the first post is mostly static information whereas the second post has lists of things that will get added to over time)
- Glossary of speedrunning terms.
- Index of speedrunning goons. (remember to post your info if you haven't - currently contains halfcoordinated, me, Oyster, SeXReX, Studio and Punchy)
- Links to all the speedrun marathon threads.

Anything I've missed?

A link to this post by beep by grandpa (or include it as the second post in the thread):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845638&pagenumber=1401#post480306779

• Locked thread